GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New computer chip upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-12, 06:51 PM
uncman03
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New computer chip upgrade?

http://www.gfchips.com/lexusgs450h.aspx

Any thoughts on this? Thought from what I've read on the forum that altering the CPU was not possible...
Old 03-18-12, 07:09 PM
adamz28
Rookie

Very interesting. I hope we find someone who will or has actually tried this. We never found out anything about the APEXi throttle controller.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...or-gs450h.html
Old 03-18-12, 09:40 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dont see this working, the throttle controller I think is a possible option.
Old 03-19-12, 03:55 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by uncman03

Any thoughts on this? Thought from what I've read on the forum that altering the CPU was not possible...
there is no way that chip will work on our GSh...come on, a chip for only $69 that gives you up to 60 HP?!? so a $69 chip mod will outperform a jdm tuning shop (tom's) that sells a supercharger that produces about the same HP for over $10K?!? i don't think so buddy. if you believe this, i got some nice ocean beach front property i can sell you in kansas for dirt cheap!
Old 03-19-12, 07:28 PM
uncman03
Driver School Candidate

The question was whether or not we can in fact alter the CPU as this product claims. Not that I think this will work and will produce 60 hp gains...smart guy
Old 03-19-12, 08:16 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The question was whether or not we can in fact alter the CPU as this product claims. Not that I think this will work and will produce 60 hp gains...smart guy
you've already read on the forum that the cpu can't be altered. many have tried and failed. those who claim to have done so can't provide sufficient evidence to support their claims. so the answer is no
Old 03-20-12, 03:18 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

This doesn't alter ECU (not CPU ) map of the car. The claims are all wrong and retarded, from what it looks like, it seems as if this is a chip that modifies your IAT signal, modifying your IAT signal doesn't really do anything (at least last I checked) to give you more performance lol. These have been tried tested and gagged on many people from honda's to nissan's, and now, please dont let it be lexus

Originally Posted by Stormforge
there is no way that chip will work on our GSh...come on, a chip for only $69 that gives you up to 60 HP?!? so a $69 chip mod will outperform a jdm tuning shop (tom's) that sells a supercharger that produces about the same HP for over $10K?!? i don't think so buddy. if you believe this, i got some nice ocean beach front property i can sell you in kansas for dirt cheap!
LOL...it's just another stupid gag trick like the "turbonator" that was all over cardomain and other various websites years and years ago.
Old 03-21-12, 06:04 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Do what us scion kids used to do, tape a penny behind the gas pedal so its pushed just a hair, makes the car a bit more responsive.

Originally Posted by Stormforge
BACK OFF YOU VULTURES! I GOT DIBBS ON THIS!!!!!
Old 03-21-12, 01:42 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Do what us scion kids used to do, tape a penny behind the gas pedal so its pushed just a hair, makes the car a bit more responsive.

BACK OFF YOU VULTURES! I GOT DIBBS ON THIS!!!!!
first, why are those scion kids soo.... nvm, i was told to be nice by one of the mods lol.... There IS a pedal adjustment for the pedals back there for those cars =\ (I haven't checked our GS for the pedal adjustment).

and 2nd, he's not looking for responsiveness.... i think he's looking for extra ponies under the hood.
Old 04-28-12, 09:33 AM
nomobmw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like all this "chip" does is alter the signals coming from the intake air temp sensor thus fooling the ECU into thinking the air temp coming in is colder and making it adjust the air/fuel mixture, probably making it richer.

I'm not too knowledgable about this sort of stuff, but this could possibly cause your DI engine to carbon up much faster and might even screw up your catalytic converter over time.

I wouldn't be surprised if this $70 chip is just a resistor or something.

Edit: Looks like XxGoKoUxX already addressed it. . should have RTFT

Last edited by nomobmw; 04-28-12 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Should have read the thread ;)