GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2 roof spoiler pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-12, 04:17 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fation
One of the best looking GS's i've seen. The emblems.. Did you simply wrap them or did you buy them that color?
tee hee tee hee i guess you can see how much i know about window tint!!!

i've only had what 4 different cars for a total of 20 windows tinted and somehow didn't realize it went on the inside! (i think i actually remember someone saying that at some point but it never registered).

and thanks fation appreciate it. the emblems i sprayed with plasti dip.
Old 06-01-12, 05:33 PM
Fation
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tucker21
tee hee tee hee i guess you can see how much i know about window tint!!!

i've only had what 4 different cars for a total of 20 windows tinted and somehow didn't realize it went on the inside! (i think i actually remember someone saying that at some point but it never registered).

and thanks fation appreciate it. the emblems i sprayed with plasti dip.
Very nice looking. If i dont sell my white Gs. Ill probably make it completely white on black. Do you by any chance have more pics of your car?
Old 06-01-12, 05:46 PM
Fation
Driver

It would look good to pain the exhaust tips the same color as the emblems. that would look sick in my opinion.
Old 06-01-12, 07:12 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Very nice looking. If i dont sell my white Gs. Ill probably make it completely white on black. Do you by any chance have more pics of your car?
nice! my original plan was to get a white one and do the whole thing white/black theme i think it looks so good on white cars to have everything blacked out.

i have 2 different threads with pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...y-the-bay.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-a-sucker.html
Old 06-01-12, 07:27 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

It would look good to pain the exhaust tips the same color as the emblems. that would look sick in my opinion.
thats a sick idea. i'll prolly hold off tho as i think i'm going to upgrade the exhaust so when i do i'll see about having it painted/powdercoated black.
Old 06-01-12, 07:28 PM
Fation
Driver

nice! my original plan was to get a white one and do the whole thing white/black theme i think it looks so good on white cars to have everything blacked out.

i have 2 different threads with pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...y-the-bay.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-a-sucker.html
Me and you have very similar taste sir. I just ordered my plasti dip. Im doing the same thing you did but to a white gs. I have to redo the smoked out taillight because the last person that did that for me did a horrible job. I want to get rid of the chrome on the car as well.
Old 06-01-12, 07:31 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Me and you have very similar taste sir. I just ordered my plasti dip. Im doing the same thing you did but to a white gs. I have to redo the smoked out taillight because the last person that did that for me did a horrible job.
nice def post some pics when you black it out, its going to look sick.
btw you can use the plasti dip on the front grill trim and the front logo and the head-light housings too in order to really get rid of all the chrome.
i had my window trim vinyl wrapped but you could do that with the plasti dip as well.

what i really wanted to do had i got a white GS was get a nice set of wheels (i was thinking about the ISS forged spyders) with gloss black face and the lip painted white.
i saw some pics of wheels with that color combo and they look amazing on white cars.
Old 06-01-12, 07:34 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

guys sorry for not posting some more detailed shots of the spoiler i let the fiance take the car down to LA for the weekend. will take some more pics when she gets back.
Old 06-01-12, 07:41 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks very clean setup....
Old 06-01-12, 07:59 PM
Fation
Driver

nice def post some pics when you black it out, its going to look sick.
btw you can use the plasti dip on the front grill trim and the front logo and the head-light housings too in order to really get rid of all the chrome.
i had my window trim vinyl wrapped but you could do that with the plasti dip as well.

what i really wanted to do had i got a white GS was get a nice set of wheels (i was thinking about the ISS forged spyders) with gloss black face and the lip painted white.
i saw some pics of wheels with that color combo and they look amazing on white cars.
Soon as my plasti dip arrives ill get to work on everything. The thing is that was going to sell my GS because I live in the city and its a pain to maintain without scratches. If it does not sell soon then ill probably end up detailing it nice to get rid of scratches and rent a garage for it. Ill keep you updated with everything on the car. Doing the car in matte white plasti dip would look sick too and it would protect the pain from scratches too if i lay a thick coat. But im not sure if i want to do all that.
Old 06-01-12, 09:58 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

i didn't realize they did matte white plasti dip that would be sick.

i had considered wrapping the whole car in matte white, it looks freaking amazing but its pretty ridic expensive.
Old 06-01-12, 10:31 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

yeap, they definitely do! plastidipping your car's only about $120 if you provide the shooting gun.

http://www.dipyourcar.com/

They mix thinner and everything so it gives that TRUE matte look, instead of that thick coating.

http://www.dipyourcar.com/shop/artic...aid%3D25001%26

I'm buying 2 gallons to plastidip my car white (so that it blends in with the silver as close as possible for future wheel setups and whatnot). I'll post pics up when it's done
Old 06-01-12, 11:59 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

that matte white audi with the black roof and accents is so freaking hot.
really sad that i love the color of my car so much cuz i've really wanted a matte white car for so long now.

maybe i'll do it to my A4....

oh man maybe i'll do some matte white accents on my ducati....what do you guys think about a matte/white on red ducati?
key is to figure out the best spots to accent the red with cuz right now i have a red and black theme going on with the duc.

Old 06-02-12, 02:47 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

reason why i'm doing it is because i'd like to protect my paint as much as possible ( I do highway runs with lots of bugs and rocks from semi-trucks..... unfortunately the car endures this for 4 hrs 2+ times a week!!)

Last time I had to spend approximately 6 hours detailing my own car due to so much damage from these highway runs.
Old 06-02-12, 03:36 PM
Fation
Driver

Im thinking staying with stock rims for now and just slowly going matte white body, matte black roof (not sure if that would look ricer), black rims and black emblems. Black on white theme

Quick Reply: 2 roof spoiler pics