GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

any interest in a low content catch-all thread?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-12, 04:35 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any interest in a low content catch-all thread?

so i was thinking it might be cool to have a low content thread where people can shoot the **** and post thoughts/opinions/quick questions that aren't worthy of creating a new thread and cluttering up the whole forum.

we have that on a poker site i am an active member of and its really popular.
figured i'd throw it out here and see if there was any interest.

for example quite a few of my recent threads def could've just been posted in a LC thread rather then starting a new thread to ask about replacing the broken plastic piece on the bottom of my car, or where to get my car tinted in vegas etc...

to start things off let me just say that i literally fall more in love with my car every time i drive it.
i get sad when i get home and have no excuse to keep driving.
i've had a few different cars that i thought i loved at the time, but none of them brought as big of a smile to my face as this one.

its funny cuz so many auto critics and writers talk about how the 3GS had no soul, was bland to look at and boring to drive and i just wonder wtf they were smoking as i think my car looks amazing and is such a joy to drive.
i mean ya i guess it wouldn't be a great car to track but who the **** is doing that? for like 99.9% of the driving i do (which is pretty spirited just ask the CHP) its everything i want/need and more.

anyways if people have no use for this type of thread we can lock/delete, but i have a feeling this could be really useful and informative.
also if the rest of you are like me there are lots of quick posts you would like to make and thoughts you like to share or questions you'd like to ask but you don't feel they deserve their own thread so you just never post them.
this is the perfect spot for all those non-sequitors.
Old 06-17-12, 09:27 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

ok i'll get the ball rolling.....i was quite distraught over the fact that i am unable to use the new vaistech android unit and so i frantically searched the interwebz for an alternative.

think i have found a pretty cool new system that is soon to be released by absolute radio.
here is a quick preview from CES:
pretty sick single din flip out android head unit.

then there is this mirroring system which i'm not sure would work or not since the 4th GEN nav doesn't have a hi res screen.
i'm going to do more research to see if this would work on the 06 3GS but i think either way the absolute unit is way cooler. however for those who prefer a more OEM look this option might be a decent choice.

the company is in australia:

http://www.customgadz.com/store/prod...?id_product=16

i have no affiliation with either company so this is in no way spam.

cheers.

Last edited by tucker21; 06-17-12 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-18-12, 07:14 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

i think you should stick to option #1.... you hate DIY's, especially with wiring :P
Old 06-18-12, 07:19 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

im telling you just add a flip out. ive exhausted this route before and a flip out will be the cheapest and easiest thing
Old 06-18-12, 07:33 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

agreed LOL.... simple plug n play, and hopefully you have shops similar to ultimate audio down here in FL to fabricate custom bezels for you.
Old 06-18-12, 02:31 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

ya i'm just going to go with the single din absolute flip out.

i def don't want this thread to be about me and car stereos etc, this is a place for anyone to just post whatever pops into their head.
and random collection of driving related posts!
Old 06-18-12, 03:53 PM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tucker21
i def don't want this thread to be about me and car stereos etc, this is a place for anyone to just post whatever pops into their head.
and random collection of driving related posts!
But that's what our Car Chat and The Clubhouse forums are for.
Old 06-18-12, 07:14 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

ok thats fine, just figured this would be a lil more specific to the 3GS.
questions comments thoughts etc that people wanted to share but didn't want to start a new thread for.

no biggie if its not something people are into.