GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-12, 12:20 PM
M K S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeNastie

Thanks trying to be like you!

Oh shoot, you're going to make me blush!
Old 07-25-12, 06:14 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sick.... So clean
Old 07-26-12, 08:56 AM
TeeNastie
Driver

Originally Posted by memasterac
Wheels look huge on the GS. I like the F-Sport lowering spring definitely my cup of tea with just a mild drop
A set of body kit will complete your car!!
Thanks! Don't forget no fender modding aswell!!! Right now I'm wussing out of some of the more permanent mods and focusing on exhaust, intake, possible BBK and re painting my trunk spoiler (looks like crap )
Originally Posted by Seize
Looks proper
Thanks Seize!
Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Sick.... So clean
I couldn't have done it without you Mike! Thanks for you help!!!
Old 07-26-12, 09:19 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been apart of the CL Community for a few short months but I want to thank everyone for seeing me through this modification process. New shoes, new suspension means photoshoot! I drove around town and had a great time impersonating a photographer Enjoy!

ETA: This is a relatively conservative set up... There is no rubbing or required fender mods.
Looking good! We have very similar setup. Where in S.FL you at? Looks like Hollywood area, I'm in Ft.L

Area you experiencing any uneven wear problems between the wheels and f-sport springs? I've had mine now about 2 years, and only had to replace 1 tire so far, but steering wheels is starting to shake at low speeds. Any experiences you can share appreciated.
Old 07-26-12, 04:25 PM
TeeNastie
Driver

Originally Posted by j0emama
Looking good! We have very similar setup. Where in S.FL you at? Looks like Hollywood area, I'm in Ft.L

Area you experiencing any uneven wear problems between the wheels and f-sport springs? I've had mine now about 2 years, and only had to replace 1 tire so far, but steering wheels is starting to shake at low speeds. Any experiences you can share appreciated.
Hey J0e!!!

Thanks for the compliment. You were the inspiration for getting the F Sport suspension! Good eye! I'm in the Palm Beaches.

I haven't had any of the issues you've had yet... I've only had the new suspension and wheels for about a week now. I read your post and think you should look into the alignment first then maybe shocks?!? My mechanic recommended swapping out the shocks/struts due to having 40k on them. BTW 1 tire in 2 years is awesome!!!
GL
Old 07-27-12, 06:39 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey J0e!!!

Thanks for the compliment. You were the inspiration for getting the F Sport suspension! Good eye! I'm in the Palm Beaches.

I haven't had any of the issues you've had yet... I've only had the new suspension and wheels for about a week now. I read your post and think you should look into the alignment first then maybe shocks?!? My mechanic recommended swapping out the shocks/struts due to having 40k on them. BTW 1 tire in 2 years is awesome!!!
GL
Yeah, I'm getting an alignment done this weekend to rule that out and I guess take it step-by-step. I shouldn't complain 1 tire in 2 years is MUCH better than I thought originally anyways.
Old 08-20-12, 10:15 AM
tsingh23
Driver School Candidate

teeNastie great job on the car !! very classsy and clean car !! you said you used f - sport springs and shocks, could you tell me how much those were ? and where you got them from ? as welll how much lower is your car than the stock setup ?
Old 08-20-12, 10:28 AM
ITWORKS
Rookie

Looks nice. I like the stance.
Old 08-20-12, 07:55 PM
TeeNastie
Driver

Originally Posted by tsingh23
teeNastie great job on the car !! very classsy and clean car !! you said you used f - sport springs and shocks, could you tell me how much those were ? and where you got them from ? as welll how much lower is your car than the stock setup ?

I have a couple of low res photos of the car on stock shocks. If you can't tell... it looks like crap! (both the photo and the height). The drop looks to be about an inch all around (compared to the stock set up). I could definitely go lower especially in the rear. But camber, tire life, fender mods, and my wife driving my car all were reasons I went with the f sport set up.

I have a good friend as a mechanic he ordered the shocks, struts and springs from Lexus of Pembroke Pines. He gets a discount there. I bought the suspension at his cost (I have seen similar prices on the internet):
Springs- $269 for the set of 4
Shocks and Struts - $166 X 4

Here's the car on "donk" status:
Attached Thumbnails Pics!!!-img_0812.jpg   Pics!!!-img_0814.jpg  
Old 08-20-12, 07:56 PM
TeeNastie
Driver

Originally Posted by ITWORKS
Looks nice. I like the stance.
Thanks ITWORKS!
Old 08-21-12, 05:27 AM
ITWORKS
Rookie

LOL " donk " status.
Old 08-22-12, 03:04 PM
ohno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll notice a big difference "Visually" when you lower it.. But so far so good.
Old 08-22-12, 04:10 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

clean whip
Old 08-22-12, 11:36 PM
tsingh23
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the reply are those pics with just the f-sport springs installed or oem springs ?
Old 08-23-12, 08:46 AM
TeeNastie
Driver

Originally Posted by ohno
You'll notice a big difference "Visually" when you lower it.. But so far so good.
Yes there is another member here with the same color GS, same rims,yellow BBK's and lowered on Tanabe's... The car looks awesome!
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
clean whip
Thanks Hoovey!
Originally Posted by tsingh23
thanks for the reply are those pics with just the f-sport springs installed or oem springs ?
The most recent pics posted are of the car on oem springs. There are some pics of GermanISF's GS on factory springs but I think you may have already been notified of those pics ... if not check out this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ed-pics-2.html

Quick Reply: Pics!!!