GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Center Console Information not receiving milage, air condition, audio information

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-12, 04:45 PM
rjfudala
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Center Console Information not receiving milage, air condition, audio information

Center Console Information not receiving milage, air condition, audio information. Screens are not receiving radio, climate screen indicates AC not contected, trip info is blank, though screen displays properly. Air buttons are not working. Whats up?
Old 07-22-12, 08:28 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get to an Autozone outlet, and have them check for logged fault codes.
Maybe it's a battery issue - on its way out or needs a really good recharge.

Bit more info on the car is always handy when asking for advice/etc.
Age?
Mileage?

On the basis of the symptoms described, I'm leaning toward the Navi ECU, if it turns out to be a major fault.
Otherwise, battery or wiring.
Old 07-22-12, 09:04 PM
anewname
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking wiring. I had this with my vaistech install. You recently do anything with the radio wiring?
Old 07-23-12, 03:50 AM
rjfudala
Driver School Candidate

2006 GS300. Nothing done, happend while driving.
Old 07-23-12, 11:18 AM
anewname
Rookie

I would still focus on that cable, since it's the easiest to look at. If you're intending to do this all yourself, you can look up the ML+ installation procedures on this forum to find directions on how to remove the centre console.
Old 07-24-12, 07:03 PM
rjfudala
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Boron and Anewname.
But I need someone who has seen this before to reply with a solution or diagnosis. Is this a circuit board failure? Come on Lexus Club Members. This must of happened before on a 2006 Lexus GS300 Console Display. Hint: I can not control the air conditioner cause it's stuck on cool with fan on medium. Gonna get pretty cold if someone can't help me!!!
Old 07-25-12, 08:29 PM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by rjfudala
Thanks Boron and Anewname.
But I need someone who has seen this before to reply with a solution or diagnosis. Is this a circuit board failure? Come on Lexus Club Members. This must of happened before on a 2006 Lexus GS300 Console Display. Hint: I can not control the air conditioner cause it's stuck on cool with fan on medium. Gonna get pretty cold if someone can't help me!!!
Well what I was trying to tell you was that I have seen it before. I had installed my ML+, but the cable would not seat properly and kept slipping out.

I had all the symptoms you described. In my case it was blasting heat, which is what it was last set to.

VaisTech later sent me a replacement cable which clicked in fine and I had no issues.

Obviously you haven't been fiddling around back there installing an entertainment system, but it's the exact same symptoms anyway.
Old 07-26-12, 12:14 PM
rjfudala
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Thanks again ANEWNAME! I set up an appointment (7/30) to have it fixed at the local Lexus shop cause it has a Certified warranty they think should cover the cost. I'll let you know how it comes out by mid-week next week. Again, thanks.
Old 08-01-12, 03:31 PM
rjfudala
Driver School Candidate

OK, Now I know Lexus is SPECIAL. My problem was solved by the car itself, I even had to cancel the appointment last Monday. Here's how it happened. Stopped to fill it up on the way home, and upon filling up the tank, eveything on the information display was now mysteriously working normally again. Now a week later and all is well. Believe me this did happen. I have no idea why nor does the dealership! Go figure this GS300 has a mind of it's own.
Old 08-01-12, 07:41 PM
anewname
Rookie

Originally Posted by rjfudala
OK, Now I know Lexus is SPECIAL. My problem was solved by the car itself, I even had to cancel the appointment last Monday. Here's how it happened. Stopped to fill it up on the way home, and upon filling up the tank, eveything on the information display was now mysteriously working normally again. Now a week later and all is well. Believe me this did happen. I have no idea why nor does the dealership! Go figure this GS300 has a mind of it's own.
I'm glad your car decided it likes you this week.

In all seriousness, you probably hit a bump in just the right way or something, and knocked a cable or solder point back into place.

I hope I'm wrong and it behaves from now on! Good luck!
Old 08-02-12, 05:44 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ it does sound like a cable is lose too and it will happen again in the future. Good luck.
Old 08-05-12, 09:56 AM
rjfudala
Driver School Candidate

If and When it does, I will post it. Thanks All.....Roger