GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 Lexus GS 300 P2757

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-17, 05:21 PM
alayoobi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 gs300 tcc

Originally Posted by arthy
TCC 35210-50010, mine is still working! Best of luck on yours
I'm having the same problem with my car. I have replaced the oil, and the filter. also checked all the solenoids (they all seems working). so my next step is to replace the torque converter solenoid anyway. my car is all wheel drive. will this part number (35210-50010) fitt my car ?
Thank you
Old 05-01-17, 08:47 AM
arthy
Driver School Candidate

Mine seemed "working" as well, but it obviously wasn't.
I don't drive an AWD, but if you call lexus and ask for a TC solenoid, they should point you in the right direction
Old 12-06-17, 11:29 PM
cflee
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all, thanks for posting this thread. I recently had the same symptom on my '06 GS300 (120k). The check engine comes on for 2 weeks and off for 2 weeks. It was very annoying. When driving from cold start, there was nothing. But when it gets warm, on the freeway, and it comes to the exit or ramp (slow down) and accelerate and pick up again, the car feels like it is stuck at the 5th gear and jerky. A few times in the past 4 months, the engine would stall when it comes to a stop sign, traffic light, or in front of the parking spot. At low speed, it is not responsive or . I took the car to a Auto repair shop before reading this. They read the code out P2757, it refers to Torque Converter clutch pressure control solenoid. lock up status.... They refer me to back to Lexus dealership but they warn it would cost USD 4000-5000 if they replace a new Transmission. I started to search here.....
I then found local Transmission shop (referral) and told them about this problem and they confirmed about this but not only 50% sure how to fix it.... They called Steven Creek Lexus and service consultant (his friend) confirmed that P2757 was common reported in this GS Transmission and they sold an average 2 SLU solenoid a month. So, this increase the odd. With this thread, I asked them to help me to replace it. But he said he would replace the transmission fluid ($45), SLU solenoid ($267), filter ($43) and gasket ($16).
This morning, I just got back the car, and the engine light went off. It drove like it used to be on the stop sign, low speed, freeway to slow down. Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
06GS300Lex (01-10-19)
Old 12-11-17, 08:24 AM
arthy
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Great news!

To anyone reading this in the future, I've noticed several of these solenoids from Ebay, even I have an extra! If anyone needs one, please let me know
The solenoids on these cars are not very good, I've had several fail on my car!
Old 03-20-18, 06:45 PM
Wahhoang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cflee
Hi all, thanks for posting this thread. I recently had the same symptom on my '06 GS300 (120k). The check engine comes on for 2 weeks and off for 2 weeks. It was very annoying. When driving from cold start, there was nothing. But when it gets warm, on the freeway, and it comes to the exit or ramp (slow down) and accelerate and pick up again, the car feels like it is stuck at the 5th gear and jerky. A few times in the past 4 months, the engine would stall when it comes to a stop sign, traffic light, or in front of the parking spot. At low speed, it is not responsive or . I took the car to a Auto repair shop before reading this. They read the code out P2757, it refers to Torque Converter clutch pressure control solenoid. lock up status.... They refer me to back to Lexus dealership but they warn it would cost USD 4000-5000 if they replace a new Transmission. I started to search here.....
I then found local Transmission shop (referral) and told them about this problem and they confirmed about this but not only 50% sure how to fix it.... They called Steven Creek Lexus and service consultant (his friend) confirmed that P2757 was common reported in this GS Transmission and they sold an average 2 SLU solenoid a month. So, this increase the odd. With this thread, I asked them to help me to replace it. But he said he would replace the transmission fluid ($45), SLU solenoid ($267), filter ($43) and gasket ($16).
This morning, I just got back the car, and the engine light went off. It drove like it used to be on the stop sign, low speed, freeway to slow down. Cheers!
Cflee I would love to have the name, address, and phone number to the transmission shop. Also a name also? I Also got quoted 4-5k for transmission from lexus. Please help! Thank you
Old 03-26-18, 04:34 PM
Marty12345
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtiwana
Thanks guys! I'll take it into AAMCO today for a transmission flush, which is about $120. I love my car and don't want to trade it in. It's paid off and looks great with the 20" MMR HR2 rims. I bet it's the solenoid, but I hate that Lexus told me I have a 60/40 chance of the transmission not failing!

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? Did find what was actually your problem?
Old 07-31-19, 01:36 PM
Stevcheuko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arthy
Great news!

To anyone reading this in the future, I've noticed several of these solenoids from Ebay, even I have an extra! If anyone needs one, please let me know
The solenoids on these cars are not very good, I've had several fail on my car!
Yes sir, I have the code P2757. This might be the solenoid or the ECM. what do you guys think?
Old 07-31-19, 01:45 PM
Stevcheuko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cflee
Any update my guy?
Old 01-29-20, 05:41 AM
Macaroni
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issues, then I found a thread were people were suggesting sending the ECU to SIA, a car ECU repair shop who specializes in all different types of vehicles, to fix the transmission problems. I mailed the ECU along with $135 to them and got my ECU back in a weeks time. I reinstalled the ECU and started the car and to my surprise all the dashboard lights, VSC lights\battery\ect, didn't come on when I cranked up the car. I haven't driven it yet because I need to get registration updated, but I'm so excited.

PS
Separately I have replaced the torque converter, all solenoids, and working parts inside the transmission which usual wear over time.

Old 05-21-20, 10:26 AM
NaddyGS300
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus GS 300 security light blinking not starting

Hi guys
​​​​​​
i have Lexus gs300 model 2000 American specs.
It has a starting whenever I switch on the ignition car is not starting & security light continuosly blinking. Sometimes car start sometimes doesn't start I have change ECM, battery, Ignition coil, new key & all wiring but still facing same.
Already checked with many mechanics they scanned many times but still nobody is able find what is actual problem as it's became a hard headache for me.
Please suggest what I do
Old 05-21-20, 11:04 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by NaddyGS300
Hi guys
​​​​​​
i have Lexus gs300 model 2000 American specs.
It has a starting whenever I switch on the ignition car is not starting & security light continuosly blinking. Sometimes car start sometimes doesn't start I have change ECM, battery, Ignition coil, new key & all wiring but still facing same.
Already checked with many mechanics they scanned many times but still nobody is able find what is actual problem as it's became a hard headache for me.
Please suggest what I do
When you say starting, do you mean the starter doesnt turn over? Or does the starter work but the engine doesnt power on