GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
Old 12-16-14, 12:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

FINALLY....Recall on GS300 engine misfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-13, 07:43 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MX5
Are all North American delivery cars the same? Am I an idiot? LOL
Yes, they're all the same but there is NO customer service for this same issue in Canada for the same cars which is why my vin list was blank. Sorry, I'm not angry with you I'm angry with Lexus.
Old 04-18-13, 11:20 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh I get it - yes that is pretty crappy "customer service" up North
Old 04-22-13, 06:43 AM
ABLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair

Originally Posted by stefnee
Took the car in to the dealership. They did see a misfire. And said that MAY be why the low engine oil light kept coming on.

Said they would have the car for about a week. No new GS for loaner so I am in a hybrid RX.
So did the dealer repair the idling problem and have you experienced the rough idle again? Also what Maryland Lexus dealer did the repair?
Old 04-29-13, 07:09 PM
pturlis
Driver School Candidate

Default Just got the diagnosis from dealer, my 06 qualified for the repair

My wife's 06 AWD, which we've only had for about a year, started consuming lots of motor oil. I left it with my local dealer, and they confirmed the misfire codes are present. About a three week wait for parts and time in their schedule. No fuss, no muss. I'm very pleased ( I was nervous ... )

They told me this engine had a timing chain, not a belt, I didn't realize this. At the cars current 100,000 miles they said it made no sense to change the chain. They did suggest replacing the water pump and spark plugs,.... any thing else you would change ?
Old 05-01-13, 08:36 PM
Jon74
Driver School Candidate

Default Canadian Owners

Why don't all Canadian Lexus GS and IS owners get together and hire a lawyer > There is evidence
What's happening in the US . There is a copy of the letter from US Lexus.
Old 05-07-13, 10:45 AM
hieu
Rookie

I have called the head quarter up and ask about this and give them my vin number and they said my car was not part of the recall.. My car is burning oil 3 to 4 quart before I even reach my 5k oil serivce.
I have over 130k mile on my car. I need a dealer in west palm beach, fl to take a look at my car anyone in west palm beach got this done yet?
Old 05-09-13, 01:38 PM
ITWORKS
Rookie

Got my letter last week. Dropped my car off today. It pulled the code but the check engine light wasn't on and the misfire wasn't present. I told the tech " PUNCH IT" and watch it all come up. He did and everything showed up. He said it would talk about 10 days. Got a loaner and rolled out. My car has 117500 miles and well out of warranty, so this treatment was pretty nice. Let's see how it all turns out.
Old 05-09-13, 06:49 PM
fresh3gs
Driver School Candidate

Dropped mine off Tuesday afternoon. Should be completed Friday. No fuss from the asm what so ever. No lights on but slight rough idle . Most hassle free experience at the dealership to date
Old 05-13-13, 10:14 AM
ITWORKS
Rookie

Originally Posted by ITWORKS
Got my letter last week. Dropped my car off today. It pulled the code but the check engine light wasn't on and the misfire wasn't present. I told the tech " PUNCH IT" and watch it all come up. He did and everything showed up. He said it would talk about 10 days. Got a loaner and rolled out. My car has 117500 miles and well out of warranty, so this treatment was pretty nice. Let's see how it all turns out.
update------ They called me back and said they wont have the parts for my repair for another week. Asked me to return the loaner and drive my car until then. I said sure. Showed up Saturday morning . My car was washed and ready for me. 15 minutes tops. Very satisfied with Lexus of Kendall's service. I'd rather return the car than be given the runaround for an extra week.
Old 05-14-13, 02:22 PM
autig1982
Driver School Candidate

Dropped off my 2006 GS300 at Longo Lexus in El Monte on Saturday for the misfire recall. Clement Cisneros was my SA and has been great over the years. I took my car in originally around December, so it did take them almost 6 months to get the parts in. They said it will take 5-7 days but in the meantime I am enjoying the 2012 RX 350 loaner.
Old 05-14-13, 06:35 PM
twleung
Driver School Candidate

Hi CL,
First post on CL, and loving the community here.

I just purchased a 07 450h local car, British Columbia, Canadian car. The engine light is on and these are the codes popping up I'm wondering if my problem relates to this thread. I read up to page 4 and wanted to get this posted asap.

Seller and I have already spent 80$ for checking the code, and said further diagnose is need, so here I am, at the moment Lexus has my car and suggests that the timing chain is off a knuckle? The job is going to take around 5 hours of labor. I asked them if any new parts are needed. Service rep said no but they have to get in there and may need a few new gaskets here and there. Going to cost me 800$, how does this happen to the chain. Do you think this may be covered by warranty?

Last edited by twleung; 05-14-13 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-16-13, 08:39 PM
greyhndfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by autig1982
Dropped off my 2006 GS300 at Longo Lexus in El Monte on Saturday for the misfire recall. Clement Cisneros was my SA and has been great over the years. I took my car in originally around December, so it did take them almost 6 months to get the parts in. They said it will take 5-7 days but in the meantime I am enjoying the 2012 RX 350 loaner.
6 mos. wait... I don't feel so bad now, I had to wait 5 months. Got approved for work first week in January, took car car into shop this past Tuesday. Still confusing how others only had to wait a week or two for their parts.

As recommended by the this board and service advisor getting just about everything replaced since labor is included and I will only be paying for parts.

Replacing plugs (heavy build up), water pump and some belts. I had the Rx for a few days from my last job and this time opted for the CT, it was that or a 2012 ES.
Old 05-21-13, 11:55 AM
tangokim
Driver School Candidate

hello, i do have 2006 lexus gs300 and confirmed by the tech that i do have misfire and dealer ship want me to come back 2 and a half yr due to lexus corp only provide 1 kit per customer and im the last one on the list. i called lexus corp and they told me thats not the case and they not sure why that dealer ship would tell me that, so i cancel the order with that dealer n headed to the other deal ship which located 100 miles away from my house, but well worth the drive and gas. I would never take my vehicle back to lexus of sacramento again. Best place to take your car in for service if you live in cali by silicon valley is lexus of Fremont.
Old 05-25-13, 12:25 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Had mine done 2 weeks ago. changed water pump, spark plugs and drive belt. Car drives great, no more occasional rough idle. I was hesitant about having the motor torn apart but I also didn't want to foul out the cats from oil either. Either way it turned out great. On a side note, the 2012 is they gave me was real nice, but way too small. After 3 days I felt like a sardine, lol
Old 05-28-13, 07:52 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally got mine done. JMLexus wouldn't do it but Lexus of Pembroke Pines did. No problem. No stalling, huffing or puffing about duplicating the issue....or whatever excuse JMLexus gave.

On the other hand, wifey thinks it drives worse.

Quick Reply: FINALLY....Recall on GS300 engine misfire