GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My Poor GS and all i got out of it was a new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-12, 03:17 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 788 Likes on 681 Posts

I don't see why you guys are quick to judge this person because he received an exhaust upgrade.

Have you priced an OEM exhaust to know what the difference in price is? I would't be surprised if OEM was more then the Fsport.
Old 12-24-12, 06:54 AM
Oleeks260
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boron is the type of presumptuous idiot of why I and many other only have 3-4 post. The primarily reason I even posted was to demonstrate to the community the exhaust as I thought it to be helpful for people that were contemplating and new exhaust and as to what type. As for my accident I HAD INSURANCE the other guy didn't!! My car was in the shop for 8 weeks. MY INSURANCE only paid for a rental car for 30 days. SO I WAS out of pocket for $500 for rental car. MY INSURANCE paid $800 for exhaust so I HAD to pay the difference. MY INSURANCE had $500 deductible. and of course the value and of the car being diminished. The car will never be the same with the frame damage. It to be wise not to assume as you know the rest. I'm sure you'll respond with some ignorant droning on so please don't expect another reply from me. You must be some sort of insurance adjuster or something.
Old 12-24-12, 04:07 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah, so you have more words in your vocabulary, and know how to use them to make salient points rather than cryptic remarks open to interpretation?
Maybe if you'd done so at the outset, there'd be no ambiguity, and I wouldn't have been misguided by what your post implied.
What your intent was, is very different from what you wrote - it's all well and good being brief and to the point, but there is such a thing as brevity in the extreme, and this was one such instance.

Poor grammatical choice in using "slammed" instead of "rear-ended", and "all I got out of it" instead of something clear like "but I did get an F-Sport exhaust, after paying the difference", evokes a certain impression due to the emotive nature of the language used.
By using a few extra words to clarify exactly what was being expressed, would've rendered the whole meaning with clarity.
If anything, maybe this thread will make you (and others) either think if you've provided enough detail to make your comment read as you intended them to.

At least it's not beneath me to apologise and admit I was wrong in my assumption - but could've been avoided very easily.
Let's see if you reciprocate for being vague and lax with the wording, so as to prevent any possible misunderstanding on what the message being conveyed was.

I don't work in the industry, and I am sorry you're out of pocket through the other driver's negligence and not having insurance - which surely has to be a felony?
If not, time to raise it with your elected representatives personally or via an organised action group set up to get it discussed.
No chance of a private lawsuit against the driver? Or a case of wasting good money on bad?

Last edited by Boron; 12-25-12 at 01:44 AM.
Old 12-24-12, 06:03 PM
MnGs3xx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys are crazy
Old 12-24-12, 06:17 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Isn't it Christmas eve shouldn't there be joy and happiness c'mon guys.
Old 12-27-12, 04:14 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Not sure if I should continue reading this thread, or contribute to the circus acts!
Old 12-27-12, 06:01 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ifind the op almost laugh able. Too may people that are members CL act as if thier car is se type of investment. Oh my car was in a accident so now I have to sell it, what a joke. The car loses value everyday from the time you sign your name until the day you sell it. The car is to get you from one point to the other, and everyday things are going to cause issues. The op thought that his Insurance company was going to do what, buy him a set of wheel a new lip kit come on they repair and replace what was damaged and repair it back to OEM that's all they have to do. I'm sure he was issued a rental car while his car was in the shop, so what else was he expecting?????
Old 12-27-12, 06:05 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oleeks260
Boron is the type of presumptuous idiot of why I and many other only have 3-4 post. The primarily reason I even posted was to demonstrate to the community the exhaust as I thought it to be helpful for people that were contemplating and new exhaust and as to what type. As for my accident I HAD INSURANCE the other guy didn't!! My car was in the shop for 8 weeks. MY INSURANCE only paid for a rental car for 30 days. SO I WAS out of pocket for $500 for rental car. MY INSURANCE paid $800 for exhaust so I HAD to pay the difference. MY INSURANCE had $500 deductible. and of course the value and of the car being diminished. The car will never be the same with the frame damage. It to be wise not to assume as you know the rest. I'm sure you'll respond with some ignorant droning on so please don't expect another reply from me. You must be some sort of insurance adjuster or something.
Just a FYI the car has no frame it like a soda can. spot welds hold it all together