GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-13, 04:40 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 3GS404
Oh so uas kit is pretty much bolt on system then ! Sorry i haven't see any uas system first hand before ! Well let get back on the OP subject : so the fair price for installation cost is around $1K - $2K depend on which system u go with !! If u can't diy then my suggested is go with reputation shop GL
Yessir, the UAS kit is pretty much put the bags on the struts, with brackets and you're done. What you do is, send off your struts (of your choice) to UAS, they cut it down, make brackets, send it back to you for $1200 (including ALL hardware needed.... so 2200 for struts+bags).

Air management is all on you .

Originally Posted by ItsMeTarry
I was gonna go with Airrex struts or Air Force suspension struts. With accuair stage 2 management.
I was told Airrex struts are DOPE, I can't tell you about the Air Force.... The accuair stage 2 OR, I was told the Airride tech is the way to go. The Airride tech of course is more expensive, with messier hardware.... I have to admit, I couldn't be any happier with my Accuair system.

Originally Posted by goober8
Hi Guys, I'm loving this thread!

I just committed myself to purchase an airforce-sus universal kit from taiwan and will be going air suspension as soon as i get them.

http://www.airforce-sus.com/product.htm

I have a questions for the experts here. Because the Airforce-sus universal kit only comes with front and rear adjustments using paddles. Would it be possible for me to incorporate the AccuAir Air Management package w/touch panel? So that i will eventually have controls of independent strut height as well as autolevelling?

Kindly advise. Thanks.
Yes it is doable. I don't know why you'd go that route, as you're just spending more money than a complete Accuair kit.

http://bagriders.com has all the components separated.

As far as i know is Accuair kit is compatible with all air ride system ! But im not an expert though lol
It is, you're right The only thing you would be able to use from ANOTHER system is, compressors and the tank.

Originally Posted by endlesslex
well the only thing i do like about my air runner is not a coilover base struts which i dont like.., and dam line will have a leak, that would lead to car need to be adjust psi in the morning... or when ever i drive, need to fix that asap, well it a daily, i beat on my gs430 hard ever day.. work ,home race,
having fun, but if one of my bag blow on freeway i would be in some ****.. .. im lil scared about that..
LOL..... agreed man, if my bags blew on me? I'd be in for some, not as bad as you though. You have to send yours back to japan or something, I only have to call UAS and get another bag LOL.

Well the one thing i hate about air ride when im riding my AR is - whenever i got air leak from airlines,bags or ur tank -u done u can't drive ur car until u get it fixed !
Originally Posted by masterchri
Hey guys just wanted to hit yall with a quick update on pics since im on air too ^__^ I ended up getting side tracked on picking up that accuair setup by getting a lip kit, and blacking out my headlights. Mainly because I can't decide how I want my trunk to look like. I've seen so many dope builds with hard lines and all that I cant decide! ughhhh.. I wanna do it right the first time.

[URL=http://s629.photobucket.com/user/masterchri/media/photo2_zpsffc71f69.jpg.html][IMG]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu17/masterchri/photo2_zpsffc71f69.jpg

[URL=http://s629.photobucket.com/user/masterchri/media/photo1_zpsca2b9a0d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu17/masterchri/photo1_zpsca2b9a0d.jpg

[URL=http://s629.photobucket.com/user/masterchri/media/photo3_zpsd1e6cd1b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu17/masterchri/photo3_zpsd1e6cd1b.jpg

[URL=http://s629.photobucket.com/user/masterchri/media/spocom_zps5675f1e4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu17/masterchri/spocom_zps5675f1e4.jpg
Car looks good man! Hopefully I can nab some wheels soon...
Old 09-11-13, 07:15 AM
goober8
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX

Yes it is doable. I don't know why you'd go that route, as you're just spending more money than a complete Accuair kit.

http://bagriders.com has all the components separated.

Thanks for the quick reply GOKOu. I didnt really know where to start and was searching for complete kits that came with bagged struts. Somehow the AccuAir website didn't provide much information and i asked them for a dealer where i'm located in Australia and there was not much options. The local scene here in Australia has used the AirForce kit and was happy with it, so i went this route.

I'm only concerned about the absence of auto-levelling on these universal kits. Is it something of a real concern?

As far as i know is Accuair kit is compatible with all air ride system ! But im not an expert though lol
Thanks 3GS404!
Old 09-11-13, 08:56 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by goober8
Thanks for the quick reply GOKOu. I didnt really know where to start and was searching for complete kits that came with bagged struts. Somehow the AccuAir website didn't provide much information and i asked them for a dealer where i'm located in Australia and there was not much options. The local scene here in Australia has used the AirForce kit and was happy with it, so i went this route.

I'm only concerned about the absence of auto-levelling on these universal kits. Is it something of a real concern?

Thanks 3GS404!
In my honest opinion? If you don't have the auto-leveling system, you have to have gauges to keep your eyes on tank, and all 4 sides. I have the auto-leveler, and lately my driver side front bag has a slight leak from god knows where..... As i'm on the highway, i'll hear the compressors going off (meaning the autoleveling system is recompensating for loss of air). It's a big lifesaver as i'm very arrogant and don't really like checking my car every 5 minutes while driving.

Another reason I feel it is a necessity is.... FOR EXAMPLE: You're the only passenger in the car, you sit down, the car goes down slightly.... no auto level, no compensation for the sag. It might not bother you outside, but the peace of mind is there .

Same you and a passenger, you two sit on the same side (front driver and rear driver), auto-level will compensate for the weight and readjust your height to stand corrected.

Hope this clarifies things and helps you in your future purchases .

P.S. Airride tech also now uses auto-leveling arms for their monitoring system also, instead of a pressure monitoring system.
Old 09-11-13, 09:14 PM
masterchri
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Car looks good man! Hopefully I can nab some wheels soon...

Thanks homie.. yeah get some wheels asap!
Old 09-28-13, 07:19 PM
GSinTN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres my car on AirRunner + Accuair with some VIP Modulars. My car looks so plain compared to the other awesome cars in this thread!

Old 09-28-13, 07:29 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GSinTN,
Are you in Socal? we should do photo shoot together.....Nice setup

Last edited by SoCal_450h; 09-28-13 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-28-13, 09:47 PM
XxGoKoUxX

AF suspension looks very "meh" to me.......

I think I'd stick with Ridetech or Accuair
Old 09-29-13, 10:37 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by 671gs
Lol all those you mentioned are only management kit.

AF have complete kit.. Or they can just sell just the struts/bags and pick you're own management

They also carry accuair management ..
Any management can be paired with AF struts/bags��

Also you can get the AF struts /bags for less than $2000
Straight plug and play no modification needed

They are fully adjustable with 36 way dampening
Ohh, you're talking about the while KIT, I thought you meant juts the management.... That's what AirForce was really known for IMO.

I guess that's another company to add to the list of strut options lol

On another note, the management for AirForce looks very similar to K-Sport.
Old 09-29-13, 04:37 PM
BHXNguyen
Driver School Candidate

Just recently bagged my car with Airrex x Accuair. Having complications with running to compressors since I have a hybrid... but hope to get rid of that problem with a capacitor. Here's how the car is aired out.. sorry for the instagram quality

Old 09-29-13, 05:07 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BHXNguyen
Just recently bagged my car with Airrex x Accuair. Having complications with running to compressors since I have a hybrid... but hope to get rid of that problem with a capacitor. Here's how the car is aired out.. sorry for the instagram quality

Post full trunk setup pics, please

Last edited by SoCal_450h; 09-29-13 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-30-13, 07:27 AM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

Good lord thing is laid out!
Old 09-30-13, 08:05 AM
GSinTN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry bro, i live in Tennessee now. I used to live in OC. It would have been nice to have a photoshoot with you..

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
GSinTN,
Are you in Socal? we should do photo shoot together.....Nice setup

Old 09-30-13, 02:20 PM
3gsJaayyyy
Driver

What's AccuAir stage 2 management. Isn't there speed switch and elevel?

Originally Posted by ItsMeTarry
I was gonna go with Airrex struts or Air Force suspension struts. With accuair stage 2 management.
Old 09-30-13, 02:37 PM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

I believe the only difference is it uses two compressors over the standard elevel kit.
Old 09-30-13, 02:44 PM
3GS404
Lead Lap

Accuair level 2 managment package have dual compressors,5 gallons alum tank, e-level sensors & switch controler ! Pretty thats all u need to controled ur air ride - u only need to get ur air bag !

Quick Reply: Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread