GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

This car is so goddamn sexy

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-13, 08:14 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks horrendous.
Visors are those cheap tat stick on ones, and the exhausts look like reject catering size baked beans tins.
All the gear, but clearly no idea.
Even the lip kit looks gash - nothing gels or flows, but yet still there are people here creaming their pants.
Just goes to prove there's no accounting for taste.
The daylight running lights mimic that of a Mercedes - that's about the only positive thing I can muster for this ruined car.
Old 02-11-13, 08:18 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boron
Looks horrendous.
Visors are those cheap tat stick on ones, and the exhausts look like reject catering size baked beans tins.
Even the lip kit looks gash - nothing gels or flows, but yet still there are people here creaming their pants.
The daylight running lights mimic that of a Mercedes - that's about the only positive thing I can muster for this ruined car.
Haha. I think you're being a little harsh, but I see what you are saying to a certain extent. I think the stance and wheels are on point. Agree about the kit not being the best choice, IMO and the visors are not the best either. I disagree about the LEDs though. Yeah they're Mercedes LEDs, but they fit nicely with the 3GS.
Old 02-11-13, 08:19 PM
BGG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moving on... Nice build Albert! Loved it when it was white too!

And I apologize if I came across as someone making judgement.. I just know without a doubt your car is most likely stock.. Your type always chimes in on these type of threads with what I like to call "typical" responses

Last edited by BGG; 02-11-13 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-11-13, 11:22 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
Haha. I think you're being a little harsh, but I see what you are saying to a certain extent. I think the stance and wheels are on point. Agree about the kit not being the best choice, IMO and the visors are not the best either. I disagree about the LEDs though. Yeah they're Mercedes LEDs, but they fit nicely with the 3GS.
I like the kit! Just the stance is too low, assuming hes on air, and raises it for the streets.
Old 02-12-13, 01:17 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BGG
Moving on... Nice build Albert! Loved it when it was white too!

And I apologize if I came across as someone making judgement.. I just know without a doubt your car is most likely stock.. Your type always chimes in on these type of threads with what I like to call "typical" responses
Does anyone else see the irony here in a guy who is so upset about someone judging a car's appearance that he writes a response criticizing the person for judging, while at the same time judging that person?

FYI, you are wrong about me, but whatever.

To the car's owner, you saw my comments. I said I liked the car "a lot" so I don't know what Mr. Sensitive is so upset about.
Old 02-12-13, 03:06 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
He wrap it a different color again lol
no his car is black lol

Looks horrendous.
the leds are from the benz. the stanced look isnt for everyone but i rarely see you post anything positive.
Old 02-12-13, 04:06 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

pics too small need MOAR + BIGGER pics
Old 02-12-13, 06:54 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

So much attention to detail! It's an incredible build and a gorgeous GS!
Old 02-12-13, 08:45 AM
LexmexVIP
Pole Position

Car looks sick. I was thinking of doing a flat hood/roof wrap. Looks great.
Old 02-12-13, 09:32 AM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=LexmexVIP;7760763]Car looks sick.

Probably didn't get its flu shot, like the wheels in another post.
Old 02-12-13, 11:39 AM
KMACK
Rookie

Very Nice!
Old 02-12-13, 02:50 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
the leds are from the benz. the stanced look isnt for everyone but i rarely see you post anything positive.
Find me a build which gives me a chubby as much as this one and others have done for most commenters here, and I'll happily join in the backslapping.
If I see a crap looking car, irrespective of brand, I'll voice that opinion.

Most of what's been put up for admiration, of the 3GS variety, has been very meh, and it's not a surprise when you see the nonsense and utter rubbish put out by the so-called experts, on their TV shows.
A fool and his money are definitely very easy parted

When something is done right/appropriately, I will admire the work as much as the next person - thus far I'm yet to see much that does a 3GS justice.
Old 02-12-13, 08:53 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't know, too much for my taste and I hate those LEDs in our cars.
Old 02-13-13, 01:29 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find me a build which gives me a chubby as much as this one and others have done for most commenters here, and I'll happily join in the backslapping.

Most of what's been put up for admiration, of the 3GS variety, has been very meh, and it's not a surprise when you see the nonsense and utter rubbish put out by the so-called experts, on their TV shows.

When something is done right/appropriately, I will admire the work as much as the next person - thus far I'm yet to see much that does a 3GS justice.
Depends what u like i guess, diff strokes for diff folks

some people scoff at the stance scene, however the work, time nad effort that goes into these builds is nothing short of great.

I have to admit i wasnt crazy bout the stance scene when i first bought my lex, was more into the euro look. Now im all about the stance scene, doesnt matter what the car make is. Getting the car to sit right is alot of hard work, and end result is usually quite amazing looking.

out of curiousty have u seen any stanced cars in real life? and that doesnt necesarily mean dumped to the floor (which i dont care for personally) but sitting on coils, slightly tucked w the wheels poking out a little bit. I think this is becoming the norm for euro/jap/american cars scenes
Old 02-13-13, 02:20 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

there you go, you said it best. obviously the stanced look is not for you. your a long way from the 60s and 70s hotrod/muscle car days. things change, things evolve.

funny you say you will admire the work when its done right. you obviously dont know how much work has gone into this car or else you would at least appreciate it even if it isnt your style.

Quick Reply: This car is so goddamn sexy