GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

07 gs350 with a new boo boo

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-13, 10:30 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 gs350 with a new boo boo

So im on my way home from work on friday and i am on the second lane to the far right on the freeway. The right lane to me is closing up and there is a car infront of me that is about 40 feet away. The car next to me on the right speeds up and cuts the car infront off. Causing the car infront of me to slam on their brakes and me as well. I miss that car and then i get rear ended. We get off the free way and the 04 rice rocket integra gets all crazy saying i caused the accident. I was like wtf! there was a car infront of me. he was like no there wasnt! i was like say what you want...lets just swap info.

As we swap info..he goes "you better get nice DUBS after this." i was like you think i did this on purpose? Who really wants to get in an accident...like look at my car compared to yours! After we were all done..he was like you gonna hear from my lawyer. Pissed that my back bumper is messed up and my exhaust as well.

sorry for the long read. had to vent
Old 04-07-13, 10:36 PM
onephatguy
Pole Position

Got any pics? Sorry to hear about the accident. I got rear ended about 3 months ago. They did a great job with the repair and paint. I almost forgot it happened until you posted this. But I haven't felt the same about my GS since the accident. Lost motivation to continue my mods. It lost it's pursuit of perfection!!!
Old 04-09-13, 05:00 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a jackleg - didn't you call the cops to do a report?
Old 04-09-13, 05:02 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda reminds me of a story I heard recently....sports guy on a local TV station is sitting still and some chick rearends him. She gets out and says "What happened, did you back up??" LOL
Old 04-10-13, 08:53 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

no didnt file police report. should of. first time getting into accident and since my body was pumped full of adrenaline. all i could think of was get his information. will get pics up soon.
Old 04-11-13, 11:03 AM
redb202
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn... that sucks... sorry about that man... I dont know how it is by you, but here in illinois, if you get rear ended, its automatically the other person's fault. because they shouldnt be following too close. i think sometimes, that person could get a ticket for tail gating too. so in my opinion you should be good.

i got rear ended last year and it was pretty much the same story. the car in front of me slammed on her brakes, so i did the same thing. didnt hit the car in front but the car hit me from the rear. i was not at fault.

random, but this is what i did between the time of the accident and getting the car fixed. LOL!!!!

Old 04-11-13, 11:15 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

hes just mad because he knows hes at fault and hes venting.
Old 04-11-13, 12:51 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MX5
What a jackleg - didn't you call the cops to do a report?
its BS, in LA, Cops don't take police reports anymore unless someone is hurt. My friend got in an accident and a navigator ran a red from at least a block down, he was actually on drugs and slammed into my cousin. Police showed up and didnt write a report and explained a report cant be written unless someone was hurt. But, no matter what, he rear ended you and he's at fault ( i would assume). You're gonna be fine. You should call a lawyer if you really wanna rape him.
Old 04-11-13, 01:01 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xmike714x
So im on my way home from work on friday and i am on the second lane to the far right on the freeway. The right lane to me is closing up and there is a car infront of me that is about 40 feet away. The car next to me on the right speeds up and cuts the car infront off. Causing the car infront of me to slam on their brakes and me as well. I miss that car and then i get rear ended. We get off the free way and the 04 rice rocket integra gets all crazy saying i caused the accident. I was like wtf! there was a car infront of me. he was like no there wasnt! i was like say what you want...lets just swap info.

As we swap info..he goes "you better get nice DUBS after this." i was like you think i did this on purpose? Who really wants to get in an accident...like look at my car compared to yours! After we were all done..he was like you gonna hear from my lawyer. Pissed that my back bumper is messed up and my exhaust as well.

sorry for the long read. had to vent
sorry to hear, make sure you get a check up to make sure your back and neck is OK. cars can be fixed and repaired, but having back problems because of an accident can be hell and takes a long time to heal.

Originally Posted by onephatguy
Got any pics? Sorry to hear about the accident. I got rear ended about 3 months ago. They did a great job with the repair and paint. I almost forgot it happened until you posted this. But I haven't felt the same about my GS since the accident. Lost motivation to continue my mods. It lost it's pursuit of perfection!!!
i feel the same way

Last edited by Stormforge; 04-11-13 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-11-13, 08:07 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Damn sorry to see that!
Old 04-12-13, 01:41 PM
SVance23
Rookie

That sucks!! Your calmer than me. After that whole dub comment I might of choked him and really given him a reason to get his lawyer involved. Hope it all gets taken care of!