GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-17, 01:19 PM
Milonga
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by XJSFan
Found it with the inspection camera and was able to poke it with a heavy gauge metal rod that I slight bent at the end. Was able to open up the drain and water came out. Did not look like a grommet but a plugged up rubber opening. Good thing is it now drains.... Thanks guys.
No, problem, glad to hear you got it
Old 08-17-17, 05:11 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Man I been looking for this thread...... THANK YOU
Old 08-18-17, 07:48 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tthomas543
I can vouch that leaving it off works. I live in Texas and its humid so my carpet was soaked. I was able to see the garment without a camera. It is at a weird angle but trust me you can see it if you look at the right angle. Also I tired poking at the drain and it did nothing so I just took it off
Hey Tthomas543 what model is your car? 4wd or RWD? I'm tryna find the plug. Your the only one that says you can see it. I have an 06GS430. Did you take any pics while you were down there?? Thank you
Old 08-18-17, 08:47 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

My 2006 GS430's drain is located up above and slightly over where the small black tranny drain plug cover is. The cover is held on by two bolts... Pretty much where it is on that first picture a few posts back.
Old 08-18-17, 02:12 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xjsfan
my 2006 gs430's drain is located up above and slightly over where the small black tranny drain plug cover is. The cover is held on by two bolts... Pretty much where it is on that first picture a few posts back.
thank you i'm trying to get it done first thing my next day off. This problem got me upset. I really like my car. I need to fix this asap. I will find that drain plug at all costs on sunday morning. Ima borrow 2 metal ramps from my dad's garage and do it outside in a quiet flat area. I've read your thread and i found it very very helpful thank you so much xjsfan!
Old 08-20-17, 06:41 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Good luck... It is not easy to reach.
Old 08-20-17, 08:17 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Good luck... It is not easy to reach.
Don't worry XKSFan. Not easy is my middle name lol. Let's get to it today. I'll let you know. Wish me luck
Old 08-20-17, 02:34 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Is it that little black rubber plug?? I have an 06 GS430 btw.
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo408.jpg  
Old 08-20-17, 04:39 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

My 2006 GS430's drain is located up above and slightly over where the small black tranny drain plug cover is. The cover is held on by two bolts... Pretty much where it is on that first picture a few posts back.
Is it located between 2 screws? Is this little black thing in this picture? Does this pic look familiar to your memories of this problem?
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo366.jpg  
Old 08-21-17, 03:30 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

I have spent 3 hours under my 2006 GS 430 and can not find the grommet... I also have an inspection camera and have looked everywhere the grommet could be and can not find it. I am also able to reach up on the passenger side by the tranny linkage with my hand and move it around but I only feel the sprayed foam that is above the tranny on the tunnel. Very frustrating... LOL. Is it forward of the linkage, which on the 430, is on the passenger side? Would it be dead center on top of the tranny tunnel? Very tight getting anything above on the drivers side... I also looked towards the rear, above where the exhaust curves around and found two bolts with what looks like a very small plug(smaller then a dime) between them. This will not pull out and may be something that is inserted on the carpet side. Please help me before I go nuts... LOL.
This is what I think I found here in my pic. I tried picking and pulling at that but it seems there's a metal base behind it and that is not a drain. I'm puzzled at the moment. I will attempt again later on. I hope I at least locate it this go around.
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo218.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
enshiu (09-23-20)
Old 08-21-17, 03:56 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Milonga
Alright, lets see if I can help you... At first I could not find it when I put my had up the passenger side but you have to move your hand forward a bit. If you feel the foam, you are on the right track just keep moving towards the center then forward. It is after you pass the foam but just a few cm after. It is there and when you poke it water should start dripping. Keep asking, I'll try to help you solve this and keep me update it if you got it.
I had my hand there too. Touching this little plug in between 2 screws. Couldn't really find this drain plug. I'm reading every detail on this thread in hopes of a better second attempt.
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo980.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo728.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo447.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo496.jpg  
Old 08-21-17, 07:46 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
This is what I think I found here in my pic. I tried picking and pulling at that but it seems there's a metal base behind it and that is not a drain. I'm puzzled at the moment. I will attempt again later on. I hope I at least locate it this go around.
That is NOT the A/C grommet/plug. I also found that on my 06 GS430, and you are way to far to the rear of the vehicle. You need to be towards the front of the tranny, about even with the drivers side mirror. Look up at the drivers side of the transmission and you will see a small cover held by two bolts. This is the cover you would remove to fill your tranny with WS ATF during a drain and fill. The grommet is above that and the tranny where you can not see it. Good luck... You need small hands and long fingers to reach that bugger. LOL. I used my inspection camera going up the drivers side to locate plug and poked at it with a long slightly bent metal rod from the passenger side on my back and my feet out towards the front of the car. . I found that there was not enough room on the drivers side to reach it with my hand or any tools.
Old 08-21-17, 08:20 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

That is NOT the A/C grommet/plug. I also found that on my 06 GS430, and you are way to far to the rear of the vehicle. You need to be towards the front of the tranny, about even with the drivers side mirror. Look up at the drivers side of the transmission and you will see a small cover held by two bolts. This is the cover you would remove to fill your tranny with WS ATF during a drain and fill. The grommet is above that and the tranny where you can not see it. Good luck... You need small hands and long fingers to reach that bugger. LOL. I used my inspection camera going up the drivers side to locate plug and poked at it with a long slightly bent metal rod from the passenger side on my back and my feet out towards the front of the car. . I found that there was not enough room on the drivers side to reach it with my hand or any tools.
XJSFan THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING RESPONSE. IT MADE SENSE TO ME. I WILL ATTEMPT AGAIN SOON. AND WHEN I FIND IT I WILL LET YOU KNOW THANK YOU MY FRIEND AND GODBLESS YOU!
Old 08-23-17, 10:44 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Hey XJSFan can you touch the actual plug with your hand physically??????
Old 08-23-17, 10:52 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

No I could not. I think I was a few inches short of touching the plug.

Quick Reply: ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***