GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-17, 09:19 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I need to see a picture of your plug when you remove it. Lol. Are u going to be able to take a picture of the area with the plug removed? That would help other people... great job.
Old 08-27-17, 10:09 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by XJSFan
I need to see a picture of your plug when you remove it. Lol. Are u going to be able to take a picture of the area with the plug removed? That would help other people... great job.
I got it out. Used 2 positions total. OK so the wire on the camera i bought was TOUGH so I got it to a perfect view up thru the driver side and I left it sitting down on the floor no moving so the camera would stay still. Then I used a long *** flathead screwdriver I'm talking LONG lol and keep stabbing at the rubber nipple. There's 2 pics here of how the tip of the screwdriver looked on it while the camera was focused. Then I stay calm and collective and just keep stabbing at it different ways until finally one of the round parts that was in the car frame poked out. Then I got up from under the car and stuck my left hand palm in towards the car like in the pic. You can feel the grommet from this position in the pic. Since one of the rubber sides was already out i simply pulled out out. Smh. This was NOT EASY. Total of 3 days wasted. But now I'll do this under 1 hour if I had to again. Just gotta know the right tools, positions, and most importantly PATIENCE. All I really needed was that camera $59 at HFT, car jacks, and a very long screwdriver bent at the tip. Here's the pics. Any questions ask I'm glad to help anyone kindly from the heart. GodBless you all
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo88.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo351.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo31.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo465.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo554.jpg  

***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo479.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo27.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
VertexA (06-21-24)
Old 08-27-17, 10:52 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

You can reach the grommet over the engine. If you take the cover off you'll have about 3inches more of space from the top. You have to stick your hand down like this to feel it good with your fingers. Luckily I don't care about getting scratched or none of that. I'm driven to finish the job. But my hands got scratched under there. I don't use gloves. I like to feel my work. Here's how it should look as you try to grab it. It's between the 2 pipes kinda right under there. When you pull it out it'll look like this in your hand. I hope this solved the wet carpet problems after I dry everything up later thoroughly.
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo647.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo340.jpg  
Old 08-27-17, 11:26 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Victory!!! Lol.
Old 08-27-17, 11:43 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XJSFan
Victory!!! Lol.
Bro I really hope that solves the wet carpet problem. If not I will go to the sunroof drainage issue next and tackle that head on. Did you ever get like moisture on the windows prior to removing the drain plug?? Like this? Bcuz I get that. Have you fully fully dried your carpets to the maximum yet XJSFan??? And then used the ac after??? Please share info with me so we can get a full diagnosis and resolution to these kinda problems for good. If it's more unfortunate for me and I have sunroof problems I'll resolve those too. But for now let's communicate and figure all this out. Please share more info about your carpet drying and if it got wet again or not. GodBless
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo47.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo229.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo25.jpg  
Old 08-27-17, 11:55 AM
Vooduguru
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So with mine, I had the footwells in the rear seats getting wet. I vacuumed them out, let it dry in the sun, then the next day, wet again. So I had the plugs removed, drove the car a few hundred miles with the a/c on they stay dry. So yay right?

Wrong.

The carpets stay dry if I leave the rear floor mats out.

If I put them back, they get wet within a day of driving. WTF?
Old 08-27-17, 12:18 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vooduguru
So with mine, I had the footwells in the rear seats getting wet. I vacuumed them out, let it dry in the sun, then the next day, wet again. So I had the plugs removed, drove the car a few hundred miles with the a/c on they stay dry. So yay right?

Wrong.

The carpets stay dry if I leave the rear floor mats out.

If I put them back, they get wet within a day of driving. WTF?
Hmmmm 🤔🤔 sounds strange. I seen you mentioned "plugs" as in more then one. I just removed ONE plug that I know and that was above tranny. I have an 06 GS430 btw to not confuse ourselves. HOW MANY AC DRAIN PLUGS DID YOU REMOVE AND what year and model is yours? So you say you completely dried carpets and drove without floormats for awhile and AC blasting and didn't get wet.... But the minute you put in the oem floormats with the rubber bottoms the carpet underneath got wet again???? Also did you FULLY FULLY dry the oem floormats before you put them back in car in the first place? Retrace all your steps and share with us accurately so we can assist the best way possible. Many of us are having this problem.
Old 08-27-17, 02:17 PM
Vooduguru
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Hmmmm 🤔🤔 sounds strange. I seen you mentioned "plugs" as in more then one. I just removed ONE plug that I know and that was above tranny. I have an 06 GS430 btw to not confuse ourselves. HOW MANY AC DRAIN PLUGS DID YOU REMOVE AND what year and model is yours? So you say you completely dried carpets and drove without floormats for awhile and AC blasting and didn't get wet.... But the minute you put in the oem floormats with the rubber bottoms the carpet underneath got wet again???? Also did you FULLY FULLY dry the oem floormats before you put them back in car in the first place? Retrace all your steps and share with us accurately so we can assist the best way possible. Many of us are having this problem.

Sorry, just one plug. Yes, the mats never got wet on the carpet side, but would have a lot of collected moisture on the grip side of the mat. I've tested this twice now, and both times, same result. I'll know for the third time tonight
Old 08-27-17, 03:40 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

OK so the floormats ON TOP do not get wet. Only the prickly little plastic things under the floormat when you install them back in ONLY when you use your AC correct?? And ALSO, 2 last suggestions. although the grips under the floormats collect wet moisture, is the actual car carpet underneath completely drenched and soaked like the beginning of this problem? Or just a little more wet not exaggerately drenched like before you took out the ac drain plug from down under? And AFTER you "dried up" the car carpets itself, did you proceed with putting the heat on full blast for like 1 hour with the vents pointing ONLY DOWN AT THE FEET area????? Please share bro. GodBless! Let's figure these problems out.

Last edited by aneidiaz; 08-27-17 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-27-17, 06:13 PM
Vooduguru
Lexus Test Driver

OK so the floormats ON TOP do not get wet.
Correct.

Only the prickly little plastic things under the floormat when you install them back in ONLY when you use your AC correct??
Correct.

And ALSO, 2 last suggestions. although the grips under the floormats collect wet moisture, is the actual car carpet underneath completely drenched and soaked like the beginning of this problem? Or just a little more wet not exaggerately drenched like before you took out the ac drain plug from down under?
The carpet wasn't pooling in water, but relatively close. I've been driving a little bit and I'll drive some more tonight, with the mats in. Report later?
And AFTER you "dried up" the car carpets itself, did you proceed with putting the heat on full blast for like 1 hour with the vents pointing ONLY DOWN AT THE FEET area????? Please share bro. GodBless! Let's figure these problems out.
Once it was dry I didn't see the need, but I could try that.
Old 08-27-17, 07:00 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Vooduguru did you remove this plug from your car? And what year and model is your car?
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo637.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo520.jpg  
Old 08-27-17, 07:06 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Correct.Correct.The carpet wasn't pooling in water, but relatively close. I've been driving a little bit and I'll drive some more tonight, with the mats in. Report later?Once it was dry I didn't see the need, but I could try that.
The only thing I can really advise you at this moment that is relatively cheap and won't cost you big money aside from dedicated labor is try wet vacuuming all the water out really really thoroughly. And then steam vacuuming the rugs. I'm talking about getting them things brand new feeling. THEN run the heat maxed out to the floor thru the vents for about 1 1/2 hours with the sunroof tilted. What im tryna tell you is even tho the carpet may seem real dry on the top, the very bottom of it to the car frame still holds precipitation. And unless you really either take off the carpet completely ORRRR you try to steam and vacuum those carpets over and over. The moisturize from ac will still give those rubber floormats wetness on the bottom. But if it's not drenching the top then that's just moisture still rising up from the very bottom of the carpet.... Please keep sharing info. I'll try to help.
Old 08-27-17, 08:39 PM
Vooduguru
Lexus Test Driver

Vooduguru did you remove this plug from your car? And what year and model is your car?

I have a 2006 GS430. I took it to my local dealer had em lift it on their rack, I showed em the diagram that was posted earlier pointing out where the plug was. They removed it, and within a day the carpets were dry. I never did see the plug they removed. So I'm presuming it's the right one? The mechanic that removed it, said it wouldn't do a damn bit a good, and he begrudgingly did it, and didn't charge me to remove it. But it hasn't accumulated water at all in the 5 days I've had it out. Just when I put the mats back in, the grip side gets wet. no mats- no wet. wth
Old 08-27-17, 08:40 PM
Vooduguru
Lexus Test Driver

The only thing I can really advise you at this moment that is relatively cheap and won't cost you big money aside from dedicated labor is try wet vacuuming all the water out really really thoroughly. And then steam vacuuming the rugs. I'm talking about getting them things brand new feeling. THEN run the heat maxed out to the floor thru the vents for about 1 1/2 hours with the sunroof tilted. What im tryna tell you is even tho the carpet may seem real dry on the top, the very bottom of it to the car frame still holds precipitation. And unless you really either take off the carpet completely ORRRR you try to steam and vacuum those carpets over and over. The moisturize from ac will still give those rubber floormats wetness on the bottom. But if it's not drenching the top then that's just moisture still rising up from the very bottom of the carpet.... Please keep sharing info. I'll try to help.
I have a wet vac and I did suck out what little bit of water I could. I let the car out in the sun and 98f temps. Seemed to do the trick. I'm gonna head out tonight and drive it some.
Old 08-28-17, 06:12 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

I have a wet vac and I did suck out what little bit of water I could. I let the car out in the sun and 98f temps. Seemed to do the trick. I'm gonna head out tonight and drive it some.
Do heating to the max to the floor vents with sunroof open too. Try to dry those carpets really really really good before installing floormats in the back. Experiment like that. Trial and error. See if it stay dry in the back WITH NO FLOORMATS while you drive with ac on. Try that first. To confirm if at least that works for the back.

Quick Reply: ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***