GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

advice and opinions please on some body work

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 04:39 PM
ricktsu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice and opinions please on some body work

Hey guys,

I was the unfortunate recipient of a hit and run at my work. Someone backed into my passenger side door and left a 10 inch crease, one fist size imprint below the passenger side mirror , a pop out ( as if you could physically pinch the door panel and pull forward, and another smaller ding below the crease.

My color is starfire pearl. I have about 65k miles on my car and its overall in very good shape. Really makes me mad because ive been researching all winter after and purchased my first round of mods. I had 20" wheels, BCR Coils and F sport sways installed. Was really enjoying driving it, cleaning , admiring, etc and now im just totally annoyed and wont drive it till i fix it.

Id snap pics but its SO hard to see it on the white, but its def there lol. My concerns, or what i need advice on is :

1) Do I use a paintless dent repair and hope it does the job? He was out today and expressed concern over the depth of the scratch ( unlikely he can fix that)

2) Paint the damage, and blend it, but risk seeing the new paint under certain light? Both the Paint guy and the PDR guy comes highly recommended by one of my buddies that has an LS and by Sheehy Lexus of Annapolis.

3) I had already planned on repainting the bumpers, but should I just paint those and use the PDR on the door and not risk the chance of painting ad noticing or lowering resale? I mean i gotta be a realist, its a 3gen GS350, and i dont know how much it could devalue the vehicle . I love it, but i know its not a brand new one or a LS.

4) i have 3 rock chips on the hood that he said he;d rather respray the hood, and blend , or is that kind of a risky move.

The PDR is under 200$ and the hit and run deduct is 250$ . I would think a car that is almost in pristine shape even though its had very good paint work would be better then a car with no paintwork, but has a few little flaws.

I dunno, cant decide. Sucks cause this came right before caliper paint, yellow fogs, MML Vais/ audio stuff, and some F sport interior pieces as my next round of mods, but now i gotta handle this.

Anyways , sorry for the long winded post, but any comments or thoughts, suggestions are welcome !!

thanks all

rick