GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Modified gs draws to much attention?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-13, 08:03 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
My GSh barely gets a look from anyone, whether it's another driver or a pedestrian on the sidewalk.
I giggled as wifey saw this dude jogging and looking so hard he tripped and almost face-planted on the sidewalk, I usually don't care for pedestrians though, it's the police I'm more concerned about.

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
im in a 2gs and apparently they are drug dealer cars.

ive gotten pulled over and asked if im on drugs or sell them.wtf? do i look like I sell drugs?

guess it doesnt help that im young, modded, and have dark tints
LOOOL, so was my Acura legend years and years back...... I was pulled over, cops were lurking inside my car (and me being me, the car was spotless inside) both cops were like, ohh... we got the wrong plates, sorry.

Originally Posted by pelphrey
Exactly what happened to me in my last car. Cop turned around to follow me, I knew I was getting profiled. He couldn't come up with anything so he also decided to check my window tint. After testing it he said its not legal but its also not worth messing with. It didn't help I was out of state.

I just have all my paper work ready, seat belt on and yes sir no sir.
I agree with you on this part pelphrey, cops that are pullin you over usually are just trying to make ends meet, sort of like a salesman or any other persons in the workforce. You comply and don't act like a jackass, 80% of the time you'll be let go.

I was doing 75 in a 35 in a city street because I was sleeping and not paying attention in the CT200h I was loaned from the dealer, cop ran plates, my insurance, gave me verbal warning and told me to go home and sleep..... I'm sure it was partially the fact that I showed him the respect he deserved.

Originally Posted by anthrax144
I think it has more to do with the driver than it does the car. Of course, a modified luxury car is going to make the driver stand out even more. As a middle-aged white guy in a lowered 3rd gen GS with tinted windows, I barely get a second look from the police. Last time I was pulled over, I didn't have a current insurance card on me. Cop was like "well, you drive this nice car, I'm sure you have insurance." It also helps I have Law Enforcement Memorial plates on my car. It's gotten me out of more than my share of tickets.
Lucky you! I use to always fondle through my paperwork to get to my registration and ins card, now everytime I get a new one it is stuck one ONE envelope in my glovebox and nothing else gets in there, hehehe.
Old 08-11-13, 12:50 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

Yup, I got pulled over twice on the freeway just cause the cop noticed the fat exhaust tips on a Lexus! Something they are not used to seeing and immediately assume the car is loud... and boy were they right! LOL

I also couldn't pass inspection last month, so I had to remove the Invidia midpipes!

Keep in mind that I had a very very loud M5, but no one dared ask cause it was a "BMW". And now I have a loud C63 AMG that sounds like a thunder from factory. Cops can't touch me!