GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Modified gs draws to much attention?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-13, 08:36 PM
huyqly
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified gs draws to much attention?

Does anyone have issues with driving their modified gs and get harassed by cops? I am jw if I will have that issue once i get my wheels on lol
Old 07-16-13, 10:30 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I get harassed here and there, I got made fun of because I was in a poor area and cops were harassing me about a teen having such a nice car in a bad area.... I politely told him what I do with my money is none of his business and went on my way..... (my face apparently looks 16 but i'm 26).
Old 07-17-13, 01:44 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

doesnt matter what you drive, modified cars always stick out and get profiled.
Old 07-17-13, 04:59 AM
huyqly
Driver

Lol when I had my 545 I got pulled over and the cop and his partner kept asking me the same question, it wasn't why did I run my stop sign, it was where did I work. The car wasn't modified btw. My face also looks younger.
Old 07-17-13, 06:36 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

I don't notice any issues with cops. Only issues I have with a lowered 3GS with rims are crappy roads and huge speed bumps.
Old 07-17-13, 06:56 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't know if a cop was following me. But I did notice in 1 week, twice I saw cop was driving behind me running my tag. But than look like he was doing this for everyone. What I mind most was his blocking traffic. The light turn green and everyone already gone while he was still sitting there blocking the middle lane he was in.
Old 07-17-13, 08:40 AM
TexasTaco
Driver

Plan on carrying my pistol at all times when I put my wheels on. I'm just paranoid like that.
Old 07-17-13, 09:20 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My GSh barely gets a look from anyone, whether it's another driver or a pedestrian on the sidewalk.
Old 07-17-13, 11:36 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The pedestrian in the crosswalk knows they are fully protected by an impenetrable walls called the LAW that your 100mph vehicle cannot crash into them. So they walk across the road like GODs, slow and pimping. They won't bother to look at you or your vehicle.
Old 07-17-13, 11:36 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

im in a 2gs and apparently they are drug dealer cars.

ive gotten pulled over and asked if im on drugs or sell them.wtf? do i look like I sell drugs?

guess it doesnt help that im young, modded, and have dark tints
Old 07-17-13, 12:27 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Indeed, modified cars will attract. Modified "expensive" (luxury) cars can attract other ideas. Yes I too always get questioned of my employment. I'vd only been absolutely profiled twice in 6 years, however I've had drivers pull up and asked immediately where I worked and laughed as if I were lying. Even cops had looked at me with that stupid look with pressed lips and tilted head as if I were lying.

All in all, dont give reason to pull you over and you'll br fine. After my 2nd absolute profile stop, I learned to excercize our right (as you all should for now on) ask immediately, after being polite and saying hello, "what have you pulled me over for". If they cant answer right away, they need to turn around and walk awayand you do not have to comply with anything. Its against the law to pull over with no presidence. Of course dont make a ruckas of everything, be polite. You can even go as far as saying ket me talk to your superior (if they insist on going through with license and reg) but if you have nothing to hide, just go through it all and make it all quicker

As for my "absolute" profile, the reason I knes for sure was because as the 2 came to my car, they immediately started searching very throughly. After questioning my occupation, if I drank, do drugs (this is when I as given the face) they went back to their car and I waited as usual. Couldnt find ANYTHING to gdt me for. She asked, "roll your window half up" (they were rolled down the whole time as they usually are while driving) I got a ticket for tinted windows, which means they pulled me over for nothing.

Just exercise your rights civily and move on. It will not happen all the time, but it can.
Old 07-17-13, 02:00 PM
pelphrey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Indeed, modified cars will attract. Modified "expensive" (luxury) cars can attract other ideas. Yes I too always get questioned of my employment. I'vd only been absolutely profiled twice in 6 years, however I've had drivers pull up and asked immediately where I worked and laughed as if I were lying. Even cops had looked at me with that stupid look with pressed lips and tilted head as if I were lying.

All in all, dont give reason to pull you over and you'll br fine. After my 2nd absolute profile stop, I learned to excercize our right (as you all should for now on) ask immediately, after being polite and saying hello, "what have you pulled me over for". If they cant answer right away, they need to turn around and walk awayand you do not have to comply with anything. Its against the law to pull over with no presidence. Of course dont make a ruckas of everything, be polite. You can even go as far as saying ket me talk to your superior (if they insist on going through with license and reg) but if you have nothing to hide, just go through it all and make it all quicker

As for my "absolute" profile, the reason I knes for sure was because as the 2 came to my car, they immediately started searching very throughly. After questioning my occupation, if I drank, do drugs (this is when I as given the face) they went back to their car and I waited as usual. Couldnt find ANYTHING to gdt me for. She asked, "roll your window half up" (they were rolled down the whole time as they usually are while driving) I got a ticket for tinted windows, which means they pulled me over for nothing.

Just exercise your rights civily and move on. It will not happen all the time, but it can.
Exactly what happened to me in my last car. Cop turned around to follow me, I knew I was getting profiled. He couldn't come up with anything so he also decided to check my window tint. After testing it he said its not legal but its also not worth messing with. It didn't help I was out of state.

I just have all my paper work ready, seat belt on and yes sir no sir.
Old 07-17-13, 02:09 PM
huyqly
Driver

I guess that's a good one for them to use after they pull u over, ask u a few questions then say the tint is to dark.
Old 07-17-13, 05:01 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

I think it has more to do with the driver than it does the car. Of course, a modified luxury car is going to make the driver stand out even more. As a middle-aged white guy in a lowered 3rd gen GS with tinted windows, I barely get a second look from the police. Last time I was pulled over, I didn't have a current insurance card on me. Cop was like "well, you drive this nice car, I'm sure you have insurance." It also helps I have Law Enforcement Memorial plates on my car. It's gotten me out of more than my share of tickets.
Old 07-17-13, 05:25 PM
StayStanky
Driver School Candidate

getting harassed because your car has rims? lol, I've never heard of that.

My 460 is modded and I don't get messed with ever. In fact, the car almost seems invisible to the cops.
But my car has subtle, non flashy mods so it looks stock...full F sport suspension and Tanable Medallion exhaust.

My modded LS1 Camaro did get harassed. But mostly because it was loud a **** and I drove it like I stole it everywhere. You could literally hear the car screaming from blocks away. I got pulled over twice because a cop heard me mobbing, but didn't actually see me.

Quick Reply: Modified gs draws to much attention?