GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Bluetooth: Audio Muting on Outgoing Calls??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-13, 03:46 PM
vanlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth: Audio Muting on Outgoing Calls??

Hi all,

The one thing that irritates me about the handsfree phone system in my GS430 is that if I am playing audio while placing an outbound call, the music won't be muted until the call is actually connected. I'll suddenly go from listening to the news, to hearing someone on the other end saying "hello?!" or someone's voicemail greeting underway,

Is there anyway to change the setup so that I can hear the outbound call in its entirety? Call me old fashioned but I want to hear the phone ring and the call connect!

Thanks for your help. I searched the Board and the owner's manual without luck.

VL
Old 09-07-13, 05:02 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

That's not the case with my car!! Are you using bluetooth or a fixed system?
Old 09-07-13, 10:31 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

There isn't, I believe that is your phone. Mine's rings like it should until someone picks up.

What phone do you use? Is it BB, Android, or iOS? (I'm currently using Android OS, it's been the same between gingerbread, ICS, and JB).
Old 09-07-13, 11:13 PM
vanlex
Rookie

Hi - I'm using the OEM Bluetooth connection with an iPhone 5...

Waiting for iSimple to arrive so I can stream audio, maybe that will put this issue to bed at the same time.
Old 09-08-13, 12:45 AM
XxGoKoUxX

I hate to burst your bubble (not that I'm trying to) but our cars do not come with Bluetooth audio streaming. I also have a hunch (not 100% sure as I haven't tried on the GS, but on another vehicle) you'll only get one speaker to work I believe.... Also, it will sound like garbage if you plan on audio streaming to your HU.

Best solution would be a vaistech unit (ipod/iphone compatible) or buy the 3.5mm jack to tape deck converter...

IMO, the BEST BEST BEST audio resolution came SURPRISINGLY from the tape deck to 3.5mm converter.

GL OP!
Old 09-08-13, 07:56 AM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

My 06 430 mutes audio as soon as the call is placed.
Old 09-09-13, 03:24 PM
vanlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I hate to burst your bubble (not that I'm trying to) but our cars do not come with Bluetooth audio streaming.
Roger that, the iSimple will enable audio streaming; and video of the product shows that you hear the phone ringing when placing a call through it (hopefully as opposed to through my oem handsfree).

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=25737
Old 09-09-13, 07:57 PM
XxGoKoUxX

I'm soo sorry about that post, it was my fault as I should have looked into it further than just blabbing out of my behind. That's a unit, similar to Vaistech, Grom, and Prestigious Society.

It's out now I believe because in another thread, someone has posted about it (although I think it's the non-BT version).

I'm definitely considering this kit now, as it's got a USB connection for phone/ipod/USB stick, and it's only 150!!!

I think I paid a bit more for my Vaistech unit, and it doesn't have as many functions as the iSimple! Thanks for the insight!

P.S. One thing though.... does this come with video feed? It'd be pretty dope if I can feed video through it and play music videos/movies on longer drives.
Old 09-09-13, 08:25 PM
vanlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by SLOW4DR
My 06 430 mutes audio as soon as the call is placed.
I'm stumped man. What phone do you have?
Old 09-11-13, 03:15 PM
lex-ative
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the GS430 too, and I believe it has to do on HOW you place your call......

If I remember correctly, if you dial via your phone, you won't hear anything until the call actually connects. I think I have experienced that. Given that most people had problems importing the phonebook into the Gen4 Nav, leads me to believe that you are probably dialing via the phone, correct?

If you dial using the HU switchboard, then mine mutes as soon as I press the call button. Likewise, when receiving a call, mine mutes the music. Does that work for you too?

And I use the BT35 without microphone for my Audio streaming. Sounds good, but will need to increase the volume. I was using the cassette adapter too, but the BT streaming is much more convenient. Overall I am quite happy with it. Without the BT microphone connected, with my Android, my calls will still go through the car speaker and microphone, while my media plays via the BT unit connected to the radio. And they all integrate, i.e. my music still mutes audio when call comes in and connects to phone BT during calls, then switches back to Media.....
Old 09-12-13, 09:24 AM
vanlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by lex-ative
I have the GS430 too, and I believe it has to do on HOW you place your call......

If I remember correctly, if you dial via your phone, you won't hear anything until the call actually connects. I think I have experienced that. Given that most people had problems importing the phonebook into the Gen4 Nav, leads me to believe that you are probably dialing via the phone, correct?

If you dial using the HU switchboard, then mine mutes as soon as I press the call button. Likewise, when receiving a call, mine mutes the music. Does that work for you too?

And I use the BT35 without microphone for my Audio streaming. Sounds good, but will need to increase the volume. I was using the cassette adapter too, but the BT streaming is much more convenient. Overall I am quite happy with it. Without the BT microphone connected, with my Android, my calls will still go through the car speaker and microphone, while my media plays via the BT unit connected to the radio. And they all integrate, i.e. my music still mutes audio when call comes in and connects to phone BT during calls, then switches back to Media.....
Thanks very much! I prefer dialling from the phone but I will give this a shot...
Old 09-12-13, 01:52 PM
lex-ative
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, see if you can program some 1-touch dialing into the car. You can access those while the car is in motion. (You can't use the number dialpad when the car is in motion. )
Old 09-12-13, 08:40 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by lex-ative
Yea, see if you can program some 1-touch dialing into the car. You can access those while the car is in motion. (You can't use the number dialpad when the car is in motion. )
Against Lexus regulations, you can modify your car to be able to get the 1-touch dialing, depending on if you have nav or not....

If you don't have nav, you're in the clear, otherwise you need a unit to enable and disable the brake lock hack for the car.

On my non-nav car, I cut the pink wire and believe I grounded one side for it to work. This allowed me to make phone calls and still be on the road at the same time.

This is probably a bad idea to do this, I would only do it on a clear road and VERY low speeds.