GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Got new Brakes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-13, 02:34 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got new Brakes!

My front brakes are shot so I decided to upgrade to slotted R1Concept Rotors for both front and rear(Thanks to Charlie at R1Concept Rotors ).Before this the normal pressure I had to apply at a stop no longer kept the car from rolling forward. These got great bite, and very happy with the brake pads as well. I thought I wouldn't like the "pedal feel" of ceramics but they're the same if not better than OEM. The car's been through a few car washes and the rotors haven't rusted at all. Gotta say they make the wheels pop now and you can have a look for yourself! Thanks, let me know what you think.

BTW if you're interested, I have an extra set of brand new R1concepts slotted rotors for the REARS, and also a lightly used set of Stoptech rotors as well as lightly used EBC redstuff rear brake pads for sale! The R1concept rotors are brand new, never been mounted and the Stoptech's measured 18.6mm out of 19.1mm is brand new, so it is 97.39% of new.

Fresh out the box!

Now with brand new fiting kit and Centric ceramic Posi-Quiet pads.

Up-close

Rear

Front

Side-View
Old 09-09-13, 04:20 PM
1SicFnSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!
Old 09-09-13, 07:53 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks great! Let'em break in and send us another review on'em.

I'm using Rotora slotted/drilled for my fronts and it's bitey, REALLY bitey.

I'm about ~1500-2000 miles away from my rear brake change though, so I'll be in the market and am def interested in the R1 concepts as they're a cheaper alternative to the Rotora's from what I'm looking at.
Old 09-11-13, 08:08 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you get the premium or E line rotors?

Originally Posted by Mesca
My front brakes are shot so I decided to upgrade to slotted R1Concept Rotors for both front and rear(Thanks to Charlie at R1Concept Rotors ).Before this the normal pressure I had to apply at a stop no longer kept the car from rolling forward. These got great bite, and very happy with the brake pads as well. I thought I wouldn't like the "pedal feel" of ceramics but they're the same if not better than OEM. The car's been through a few car washes and the rotors haven't rusted at all. Gotta say they make the wheels pop now and you can have a look for yourself! Thanks, let me know what you think.

BTW if you're interested, I have an extra set of brand new R1concepts slotted rotors for the REARS, and also a lightly used set of Stoptech rotors as well as lightly used EBC redstuff rear brake pads for sale! The R1concept rotors are brand new, never been mounted and the Stoptech's measured 18.6mm out of 19.1mm is brand new, so it is 97.39% of new.

Fresh out the box!

Now with brand new fiting kit and Centric ceramic Posi-Quiet pads.

Up-close

Rear

Front

Side-View
Old 09-11-13, 09:13 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Sweet
Old 09-11-13, 05:04 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SicFnSC
Looks great!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Looks great! Let'em break in and send us another review on'em.

I'm using Rotora slotted/drilled for my fronts and it's bitey, REALLY bitey.

I'm about ~1500-2000 miles away from my rear brake change though, so I'll be in the market and am def interested in the R1 concepts as they're a cheaper alternative to the Rotora's from what I'm looking at.
Definitely, I'll let you guys know in a few more thousand miles!

Originally Posted by DrewGS350
Did you get the premium or E line rotors?
These are the E-line rotors. I was afraid because the hub wasn't coated in black that it would stick out like a sore thumb but I actually prefer it now! It stands out just enough behind the wheels and draws a little bit more attention to a keen eye. Plus it hasn't shown any signs of rust after 3 car washes so far.

Originally Posted by Seize
Sweet
Thanks Seize! I think it might be time for a new signature! Heh I'm still using the original one you made me years ago!

Last edited by Mesca; 09-11-13 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-11-13, 09:08 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Thanks Mesca! If you can, please do record the wear rate on your pads+rotors. You already say they're bitey

I'd like to know their longevity hahaha..... My service advisor was actually SURPRISED I made it so many miles with the original rotors+pads.
Old 09-11-13, 09:08 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesca

How much was this all? I need to replace all my brakes and rotors asap. Did you install yourself?
Old 09-12-13, 01:21 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Thanks Mesca! If you can, please do record the wear rate on your pads+rotors. You already say they're bitey

I'd like to know their longevity hahaha..... My service advisor was actually SURPRISED I made it so many miles with the original rotors+pads.
Haha mine too! I got about ~70K out of my rotors..forgot about the pads though but I think they lasted me about 50k-ish. So I'm pretty easy on the brakes. Hope these last even longer!
Old 09-12-13, 10:34 AM
XxGoKoUxX

NICE! My fronts are actually still functional (I believe at 70k). I do a ton of coasting, especially highways (where I can grab 26mpg+). My wear rate on my pads now (20k miles later) i'm sure is probably AT MOST 20% worn down....

Either way, I'd love to hear your input on the R1s! I've had great experience with the rotora's but i'm willing to sway away if there are other alternatives for experience.