GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Engine replaced

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-13, 05:46 PM
lexusbrr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine replaced

i had my engine replaced on my 2006 Lexus gs 300 and the shop could not get the car to crank afterwards. First they screwed up replacing the starter (they broke) where the wire isn't properly connected on the new one they put on the car. I took it to two shops after the one shop kept my car way too long (8 months). So the shops afterwards actually tried to get it going. They said the wires on the harness looked to be tampered with and the starter cord was in the starter incorrectly but they managed to get it in good to try to turn it over but the car just zaps out after 3 seconds ( like maybe an electrical issue). They also said they couldn't get any communication with the ECU to find out why. However, after taking to those two other shops they both said it could be that they clipped the engine wiring harness and maybe zapped the ecu out when trying to ground the starter wire when replacing it. (it was silicon where they tried to ground. straight lazy). I spoke to an electrical shop and they stated what the car was doing before I even told them and he said he dealt with it several times and it is for sure the anti theft tripping it off and that's why it s zapping out after 3 seconds. He also said the dealer would have to reprogram the anit theft system on it so that the car could turn over and that the anti theft is implemented in most of the components to stop any chop shops or theft of parts on the car. I replaced my engine on here so it sounded pretty good like he knew what he were talking about.

So my question is does anyone have a diy programming of the anti theft system or have a suggestion if the electrical guy is on the right path? I'm starting to think this may be a dealership issue that has to be taken o there. I tried taking the car to the local Lexus but they would not touch it. there is only one here.
Old 09-24-13, 07:10 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Why did you replace the engine for?

Do you know that on 2006 GS300's the dealer are offering free warranty for any mileage even out of warranty
Old 09-24-13, 08:03 PM
lexusbrr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Why did you replace the engine for?

Do you know that on 2006 GS300's the dealer are offering free warranty for any mileage even out of warranty
Since when?
i took this car to have engine replaced last sept.
Old 09-25-13, 04:25 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

There was a letter sent out! Its been probably less then a year.

Because of carbon buildup the dealer will warranty an engine rebuild for free. no matter mileage
Old 09-25-13, 04:27 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Heres a thread that better explains it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...e-misfire.html
Old 09-26-13, 12:06 AM
lexusbrr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Heres a thread that better explains it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...e-misfire.html
Thanks. I did get that in the mail but mine is not included because my engine went out because of overheating so the mechanic stated. I wonder if it was the pistons or something. He said it was because of overheating not that issue in the mail. I even asked him about the recall before i took it to him