GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Goodbye LexLugar/lowlowlex GS300. You will be missed

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-15, 07:18 AM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
Definitely wasn't happy at all with getting hit at high speed on the highway. I still have back problems. I still miss that car. That car never gave me problems and I put so much work into it. It was the first car i ever modded and learned so much thru DIY projects thru CL member tutorials. The design stayed relevant for almost a decade after it's initial release back in 05-06. IMO compared to other luxury cars in the same class at that time, it trumped its rivals. Maybe not the 3.0L engine, but the exterior and interior design/materials, and the buttery ride.
I agree with you on the 3GS exterior design. Hell it looks more classic, modern, and timeless than the 4GS. And anyone who sat in an E60/E61 era 5-series may have wondered if the dealer did a bait n' switch and gave them a Kia. I'm not sure why people gave the 3GS such a bashing on the interior, I read plenty of snide "plastics from a Camry" comments. But I've always thought it was a very pleasant environment, aesthetically. And nearly everyone who has sat in my old 3GS has commented how nice it is. But man, the 3GS got such a bashing from the buff books back in the day.

The current Lexus interiors are a huge upgrade, but I don't like the direction exterior design has taken with the current crop of models. I guess they are aiming for a younger crowd, but how many millennials can afford a $60K car, or even a $40K one for that matter?
Old 06-03-15, 06:15 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got $13,000 for it. Also got $360 in car rental fees. Still working on the settlement for the "injuries". No major injuries at all but still going to get atleast $2k, I am asking $3K. If I don't get 3K probably going to get a lawyer. I already cashed in the car check though. Car was 06 with 180K miles on it, Interior tore up, whole lot of paint problems everywhere. also had $2,200 prior damage on the front corner that the insurance company already paid out once and I never got it fixed. I consider it sort of even since I didn't get paid for ANY mods done to that car. I put around $5K in mods.
Old 06-04-15, 03:17 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krava
I got $13,000 for it. Also got $360 in car rental fees. Still working on the settlement for the "injuries". No major injuries at all but still going to get atleast $2k, I am asking $3K. If I don't get 3K probably going to get a lawyer. I already cashed in the car check though. Car was 06 with 180K miles on it, Interior tore up, whole lot of paint problems everywhere. also had $2,200 prior damage on the front corner that the insurance company already paid out once and I never got it fixed. I consider it sort of even since I didn't get paid for ANY mods done to that car. I put around $5K in mods.
I got way more than that, but it was in pristine condition, the interior was near flawless according to the Insurance guy who saw the car after the accident. I only had 58k miles on the clock as well.