GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

headlight washer chrome trim got jacked..how do I replace?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-14, 05:35 PM
kazuto88
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight washer chrome trim got jacked..how do I replace?

so some jackass decided to steal my headlight washer on my driver's side (that little chrome piece on the bottom of the headlight trim)..ordered a new actuator to get the part..but I'm wondering how to put it on..more specifically, what can I do to make sure it doesn't get stolen again. super glue maybe? if so, where exactly do I glue it? thanks!
Old 05-23-14, 11:43 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

U sure it didn't fall off? because that's ridiculous lol....

I'd say gorilla glue it, as it's thicker and will fill in the gaps.... It's a bit excessive but hey.... it happens.

Did you call Sewell to see if they sell the CAP only? Also, you'll need to go through instructions on removing the front bumper (possibly the headlight also).

GL!
Old 05-23-14, 12:29 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a thread like this is around here somewhere. And if I remember, the guy had to buy a whole kit. As for glue, I don't see how that can be done. If I remember, the thing just pop in. Nothing to fix it or glue it, if U do it won't be able to pop in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out *breath*
Old 05-23-14, 02:10 PM
On3racing
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine got jacked too. These cap covers just don't fall off. You can't just buy the cap cover, you have have to buy the whole actuator arm part and it's pretty expensive. So, Believe it people do steal these things

kazuto88: You don't have to remove your bumper or headlight. Just take the cap cover off the new one and before you snap it on to the one on your car. You just pull out the black tube arm and put glue on the end of the tube and snap the cap cover on and you're all good to go.
Old 05-24-14, 01:24 AM
cadynzgs
Driver School Candidate

Mines fell off to. eBay has the part but it's not oem. It fits very well. Just gotta crazy glue it.
Old 05-24-14, 09:39 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

link to it cadynzgs?

Also, I meant to say jbweld, not gorilla glue, jbweld would fill in the gaps better, and it's 999999999999x hard to take the caps off.
Old 05-24-14, 10:41 AM
Jeepdude
Driver School Candidate

Here is is...pretty pricy though:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-11-LEXUS-GS300-GS350-GS430-GS460-HEADLIGHT-WASHER-NOZZLE-COVER-CHROME-RIGHT-R-/231148600188?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGS350&hash=item35d187bb7c&vxp=mtr
Old 05-24-14, 02:15 PM
kazuto88
Rookie

haha crap too bad I already ordered mine..but I mean seriously...it takes a special kind of jacka$$ to steal one of those..such an eyesore every time I look at it..
Old 04-03-16, 02:44 PM
hra50av
Driver School Candidate

After much searching I found a cover one on Banggood.com http://www.banggood.com/Left-Headlig...p-1010919.html If you don't have the connecting piece (connects cover to the washer itself) try a pencil. It fits in the cover nicely and I just carved the end that fits into the rectangular slot in the washer and glued it in with silicone. They dont seem to sell that part anywhere.
Old 04-04-16, 03:36 PM
gshoq
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hra50av
After much searching I found a cover one on Banggood.com http://www.banggood.com/Left-Headlig...p-1010919.html If you don't have the connecting piece (connects cover to the washer itself) try a pencil. It fits in the cover nicely and I just carved the end that fits into the rectangular slot in the washer and glued it in with silicone. They dont seem to sell that part anywhere.
Thanks for bringing this back from the dead. My nozzle cover actually came off (stolen?) recently and I do not want to spend $170 to purchase the entire headlamp surround assembly. This is a much more cost-effective solution.
Old 04-04-16, 06:43 PM
CarKrayz
Rookie

Originally Posted by hra50av
I have tried the ones on ebay and the fitment was very bad. did you had fitment issues? the edges didnt sit flush and seems like it will pop off after a few usage or the spray. do you mind taking some pics?
Old 04-05-16, 04:30 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarKrayz
I have tried the ones on ebay and the fitment was very bad. did you had fitment issues? the edges didnt sit flush and seems like it will pop off after a few usage or the spray. do you mind taking some pics?
I have an '07 and have the ebay one. The fitment isnt flush, but its better than a missing cover. Part of that was my fault, cause i ordered the trim peice for the '08 GS which is slightly different. I believe that is why the trim isnt flush. Perhaps you did the same?
Old 04-05-16, 06:11 PM
CarKrayz
Rookie

Originally Posted by KoSC300
I have an '07 and have the ebay one. The fitment isnt flush, but its better than a missing cover. Part of that was my fault, cause i ordered the trim peice for the '08 GS which is slightly different. I believe that is why the trim isnt flush. Perhaps you did the same?
Seriously? can someone confirm that headlight trim is slightly different from 07 to 08?
Old 04-11-16, 03:59 AM
hra50av
Driver School Candidate

Default Aftermarket Headlight Washer Cover

Mine fits pretty good considering it had to be rigged with silicone and a carved pencil. I bought my car new in 07' and until this piece was found missing I didn't even know I had a headlight washer. Now that I know that I have one I am wondering why anyone would need it! As long as the hole is covered I'm happy. I doubt I'll be doing any off road night driving in my Lexus if you get my drift. I am not sure about the 07' being different than the 08'. I cant imagine there is a difference though. Pretty much the same car externally with only a few very minor interior changes.

The following users liked this post:
Idorablo (09-18-20)
Old 04-11-16, 08:03 PM
Gs3500
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm going super glue my stock ones before someone jacks mine... How do u take it off? Does it just pop off with a flathead?

Quick Reply: headlight washer chrome trim got jacked..how do I replace?