GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Steps to the purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-14 | 12:10 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Default Steps to the purchase...

Ok..many of you guys know my situation, and I'm back seeking more advice.
I'm currently in an 05 Denali I so stupidly purchased this past April. I want out and need to be out in order to pick up this 430 I'm in search of.
Its been on Private Sale status for a while now-no bites!
Have been to a few dealerships and have gotten from $6k-10.5 (10.5 was sigh-unseen, as they probably just wanted to get me in the place to buy a car).
It is loaded but had 94k on it, pretty darn good shape-owe 14.5.
I took it to a Chevy spot the other day, turns out the truck has a possible drive train/gear box/awd issue.
I was going to be patient and sell it, even with the fact that the value of this truck will only drop, but now that I know it has an emerging issue, I feel I have to get rid of it ASAP!
In my mind I wanted between 9-10k, but when ppl visibly see it, I've gotten 7k, and 8k. I just left a place today that offered me 8200...should I just take it...bite a HUGE bullet and get out of it..or keep driving around, putting miles on and possibly making the issue worse, to see if I can get a higher figure? LOL! I'm answer my own question, but I had to post this, as there a few fellas on here who have helped me out greatly-they know who they are!
Thanks guys, and fire away!
Old 10-31-14 | 01:10 PM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Man....i know you have been looking and waiting for one but 6.5k a lot to roll over on top of another car....especially one that old...

Also at 94k you are looking at a major maintenance interval.

This is a tough one...
Old 10-31-14 | 01:25 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gotcha350
Man....i know you have been looking and waiting for one but 6.5k a lot to roll over on top of another car....especially one that old...

Also at 94k you are looking at a major maintenance interval.

This is a tough one...
Oh no, I meant my truck has 94k on it and its in good shape. And absolutely agreed man...6.5k is a hell of a lot to roll..i may throw in a grand or so...but that'd be just to amuse myself as it would even really make a difference, I may as well keep it in my pocket.

Im looking a one that has a rebuild title. It was hit on the drivers side front and been repaired. has 65k on it and he's asking 15 for it. and yes, it is loaded. I am planning on having an inspection done before I would go any further...
I don't know man...its indeed a tough one.
Old 10-31-14 | 04:07 PM
darinmg
Driver

$14.5K for a Chevy with 100K sounds like you already rolled negative equity into it. I'm guessing that rolling $5-6K into another new loan is also an insurance issue. This is like huge negative equity on the car, and if you total it in an accident, they will barely give you replacement value. Then you just threw away that $6K+ because you have nothing left to bargain/trade with....and you'll still have to pay off that loan. Sounds like a potentially good way to screw yourself.
Since the Denali is a third "extra" vehicle, park it while you work hard to sell it private party ( if you have the cash to pay off the loan difference to get the pink)...and save while doing this for the new GS.
Old 10-31-14 | 05:03 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by darinmg
$14.5K for a Chevy with 100K sounds like you already rolled negative equity into it. I'm guessing that rolling $5-6K into another new loan is also an insurance issue. This is like huge negative equity on the car, and if you total it in an accident, they will barely give you replacement value. Then you just threw away that $6K+ because you have nothing left to bargain/trade with....and you'll still have to pay off that loan. Sounds like a potentially good way to screw yourself.
Since the Denali is a third "extra" vehicle, park it while you work hard to sell it private party ( if you have the cash to pay off the loan difference to get the pink)...and save while doing this for the new GS.
No i didn't roll anything actually. Here in IN/Chi, bc of the seasons, me paying 14.9 before tax for a Denali with 90k wasn't bad. If you look on AutoTrader now, it won't be impossible, but if you pull up a Danli in my region with low 90's mileage and 05, the price isn't that bad. So that loan was just by itself. Nothing rolled into it. And I have been thinking about the insurance aspect as well. I have been sitting on this and really can't take that much of a dive. Just too much money. And being completely honest, I haven't put my best foot forward to sell this truck. I gotta go private party..