GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Ride Tech Ride Pro E3 Vs Accuair ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 08:01 AM
Halzlow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Tech Ride Pro E3 Vs Accuair ????

I've searched and cant seem to find any debates on what one is better. I'm ditching my K Sport and looking to upgrade the management. I know allot of people ride with Accuair it seems to be the best but this E3 looks pretty good to and comes with PSI gauges. so its Height and PSI based. any opinions please let me know
Old 05-08-15, 09:09 AM
Halzlow
Driver School Candidate

Default Here my GS350 thats getting the upgrade

My ride thats getting the upgrade
Old 05-08-15, 09:17 AM
Halzlow
Driver School Candidate

Default Current trunk set up. Cant wait to ditch that huge KSport box

Old 05-08-15, 12:00 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow. clean whip!

personally its cheaper to go with accuair after i just researched ride techs pro 3

honestly i do not see the point of having both level and pressure sensors in one system. to me its just precise presets where it will stay at that pressure and ride height but that is what the ride monitoring system on the elevel does for you. it makes adjustments to your height to match the level of the road.
Old 05-08-15, 12:33 PM
Halzlow
Driver School Candidate

Yea thanks for the reply. i guess the only thing i don't like is the no gauges unless i pay more. both about 2k for either. RidePro claim to be better with more options such as ride height on key start and the car has better balance. lets say you have a 300lbs friend climb in your back seat and no one on the opposite side. Height only based would put 140PSI to that side while having 70PSI on the opposite side so the ride would be way off. they claim theres will try and balance both PSI and height for best ride possible. Not sure i give a **** no one ever get in the back seat except my daughter but might be nice to know and see the real time gauge not just an alarm when **** starts going wrong. But evryone says Accuair is the best. oh well i guess i have to make a choice
Old 05-08-15, 02:34 PM
accuair
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Halzlow
Yea thanks for the reply. i guess the only thing i don't like is the no gauges unless i pay more. both about 2k for either. RidePro claim to be better with more options such as ride height on key start and the car has better balance. lets say you have a 300lbs friend climb in your back seat and no one on the opposite side. Height only based would put 140PSI to that side while having 70PSI on the opposite side so the ride would be way off. they claim theres will try and balance both PSI and height for best ride possible. Not sure i give a **** no one ever get in the back seat except my daughter but might be nice to know and see the real time gauge not just an alarm when **** starts going wrong. But evryone says Accuair is the best. oh well i guess i have to make a choice
Halzlow,

The e-Level system does have a "Ride Height on Start" feature. When this feature is turned ON, the system will automatically go to Position 2 on start. When this feature is turned OFF, it resumes at the last height it was when you turned the system OFF (if you were at no height or all down it will not resume to any position).

Your example of the 300 lb friend is the exact reason for a height based leveling system. The resulting higher pressure in the heavy corner is exactly what you want (it is the result of making the car level). Air bags are designed to do exactly this (load level) and they keep a rather consistent ride frequency no matter the load and pressure.

I know that it is easy to get confused by everyone's marketing jargon regarding the need for pressure sensors, but we always remind people to look at new cars that come with air suspension... They all use height based leveling systems and I have never seen a new car that had pressure gauges on the dash from the factory We have been selling a purely height based leveling system for almost 14 years and I believe that the market has embraced it quite well.

Thanks for your interest and good luck with your project!
Old 05-11-15, 04:45 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by accuair
Halzlow,

The e-Level system does have a "Ride Height on Start" feature. When this feature is turned ON, the system will automatically go to Position 2 on start. When this feature is turned OFF, it resumes at the last height it was when you turned the system OFF (if you were at no height or all down it will not resume to any position).

Your example of the 300 lb friend is the exact reason for a height based leveling system. The resulting higher pressure in the heavy corner is exactly what you want (it is the result of making the car level). Air bags are designed to do exactly this (load level) and they keep a rather consistent ride frequency no matter the load and pressure.

I know that it is easy to get confused by everyone's marketing jargon regarding the need for pressure sensors, but we always remind people to look at new cars that come with air suspension... They all use height based leveling systems and I have never seen a new car that had pressure gauges on the dash from the factory We have been selling a purely height based leveling system for almost 14 years and I believe that the market has embraced it quite well.

Thanks for your interest and good luck with your project!
i will agree to this being with E-level. you can enable the ride height on start mode. mine is of just because i dont want the car going up everytime i need to start the car.

also elevel makes automatic adjustments because of the height sensor. if you have more people in the car the leveling sensors will enter "trim mode" after you select your preset and compensate (add more pressure) to how much more lift you need. and as you go about your drive, your system will automatically adjust pressures depending on what accuracy setting you have it on.

i may be wrong on this but - on air based systems i believe you need to have your presets set to where if there were any passengers in the car one of your presets will adjust to it. another preset would probably be set to just having you in it. for example or clarification, i think if you have your preset set to only you in the car and then more people hop in, i dont think it would level you out (air up more) because it should already be sensing theres more pressure due to the passangers. this point you would have to add more pressure and look at your car to level it out (for alignment reasons and personal prefs)

i concluded that pressure based systems werent for me and i went with Accuair just because of that reason. i want my car to leveled on what height i got my alignment done at so no matter how many people in my car is will still be riding at the same height i got my alignment done at.

im still new to this air stuff but i researched for awhile to make my decision. honestly... i like Accuair's stuff. it feels and look very tolerable to all weather condtions like its built to last as long as the car.

oh and if you were looking for a gauge my favorite and the one i have is the Zaetech DigiGauge. its pretty pricey but the sensors are like 5x smaller than all the ones ive seen out there so its very convenient attached to the accuair VU4

Last edited by uberEJ; 05-11-15 at 05:01 AM.
Old 05-11-15, 12:49 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

ride tech and accuair are both great companies to deal with. They both have A++ service and I'd stand behind both products.

I own the accuair system though, mainly because I wanted a "worry-free" system. I literally air up, wait 20 seconds for the tanks to refill, and drive. LITERALLY that's all I have to worry about. Even during my fiasco with air leaks, the system held up damn well and just aired up while I was driving without a worry.
Old 05-12-15, 10:39 AM
Halzlow
Driver School Candidate

Awesome thanks guys. I ended up going with the E-level toggle switch so i could keep everything nice and hidden. Plan on putting toggle in the little coin tray next to steering wheel. i also bought the Key Fob for remote operation & VU4 manifold. I liked the 200 foot range vs the taking my phone out and having 50 range if that. I mean if i want i can always add gauges or the big remote or phone app later but with all the good feed back i think this will be exactly what i need. nice simple and reliable. Project almost complete.
Old 05-12-15, 12:05 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Halzlow
Awesome thanks guys. I ended up going with the E-level toggle switch so i could keep everything nice and hidden. Plan on putting toggle in the little coin tray next to steering wheel. i also bought the Key Fob for remote operation & VU4 manifold. I liked the 200 foot range vs the taking my phone out and having 50 range if that. I mean if i want i can always add gauges or the big remote or phone app later but with all the good feed back i think this will be exactly what i need. nice simple and reliable. Project almost complete.
good deal bro!

i just wanted the iphone app so i can visually change my settings. i really dont want to memorize or keep the user guide in my book LOL.