GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: Do you like these headlights?
Yes, I'd sell one of my organs on the black market for these!
86.49%
No, I'd rather drive in the dark and risk an accident.
13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Aftermarket Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 11:00 AM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture Added / Aftermarket Headlights

Hello all! I came across these aftermarket headlights and was wondering if anyone has them or has seen them in person. I think they look better built than the Spyder headlights. My headlights have one billion tiny cracks in the lens and I need to replace them so these may be an option. What's your opinion on these?
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Headlights-screenshot_2015-12-10-06-49-49.png   Aftermarket Headlights-screenshot_2015-12-17-07-47-02-1.png  

Last edited by FSinatra; 12-18-15 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Title Edit
Old 12-14-15, 02:41 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think they look nice,okay? I'm not too sure it confuses me haha. I never seen them on the streets but I think the refresh 10-12 3Gs models should have gotten this just like the 2IS refreshes got the LED's. Are your headlights cracked or just scratched? you can try and buff it out if anything.
Old 12-14-15, 06:38 PM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xbladex00
I think they look nice,okay? I'm not too sure it confuses me haha. I never seen them on the streets but I think the refresh 10-12 3Gs models should have gotten this just like the 2IS refreshes got the LED's. Are your headlights cracked or just scratched? you can try and buff it out if anything.
My headlights have no hope of being buffed out. The tiny cracks are in the lens and seem to run the width of the lens. I've been looking into a used set, as new headlights are so expensive, but it might be just a matter of time before the same thing happens to the used set. I figure I could get a new set of these for the cost of a used set.
Old 12-14-15, 10:19 PM
ez12a
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I guess if you can live without AFS (i personally like it) and windshield washers then might be worth a shot. Let us know how the cutoff is?

I feel like the clear plastics on aftermarket lenses wont last long either though. Do you leave your car outside 24/7?
Old 12-15-15, 04:30 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you get them just make sure you get some UV Protectant sealant coated on there 2 layers every 6 months. youll be fine. i always had good luck with chemical guys jetseal with my previous vehicles and mine stays parked outside.
Old 12-15-15, 04:15 PM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ez12a
I guess if you can live without AFS (i personally like it) and windshield washers then might be worth a shot. Let us know how the cutoff is?

I feel like the clear plastics on aftermarket lenses wont last long either though. Do you leave your car outside 24/7?
I wouldn't mind going without the AFS. And although this picture doesn't show it, these have the washer feature. Yeah, the lens is my main concern. My car is usually parked in the shade but yes, outside most of the time. I have to either buy used or these and have to decide soon so I'll keep CL updated.

Originally Posted by uberEJ
if you get them just make sure you get some UV Protectant sealant coated on there 2 layers every 6 months. youll be fine. i always had good luck with chemical guys jetseal with my previous vehicles and mine stays parked outside.
Thanks man. I'll look into the sealant no matter the route I take.
Old 12-15-15, 05:52 PM
Broncosi
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't really vote on this poll since there's isn't an option to keep my headlights with AFS and not have the LED strip.

Is there a site I could look at these headlights? Price?

Is the only reason you're getting new headlights because of the cracks and thinking about these because they are cheaper than factory replacements due to AFS?
Old 12-15-15, 07:33 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

I mainly see them on ebay for $700 buck depending if you get the chrome housing or the black out housing.

Here's a link to a couple more pictures.
http://angeleye.en.alibaba.com/produ...Bottom_SN.html
Old 12-16-15, 04:48 AM
Broncosi
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looked into them a little more and once you install them, there is a fairly large/noticeable gap between the hood and the top section of the lights. Also, not only are you losing your AFS, but your HIDs as well. These all look to use halogen bulbs. On top of all of that, I believe that the LEDs we see on BMW/Lexus' are CFL where as these are pretty weak LEDs. Bottom line: these look super cheap and I wouldn't pay for them.

Just my opinion though.
Old 12-16-15, 11:11 AM
Bradlar
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am interested to see how these turn out if you do end up going with them. Please post pictures and your thoughts should you go with the aftermarket ones.
Old 12-16-15, 11:19 AM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MX73
I mainly see them on ebay for $700 buck depending if you get the chrome housing or the black out housing.

Here's a link to a couple more pictures.
http://angeleye.en.alibaba.com/produ...Bottom_SN.html
Thanks man. That's actually where I first saw them and then found them on eBay.

Originally Posted by Broncosi
Looked into them a little more and once you install them, there is a fairly large/noticeable gap between the hood and the top section of the lights. Also, not only are you losing your AFS, but your HIDs as well. These all look to use halogen bulbs. On top of all of that, I believe that the LEDs we see on BMW/Lexus' are CFL where as these are pretty weak LEDs. Bottom line: these look super cheap and I wouldn't pay for them.

Just my opinion though.
Where did you see the information regarding bad fitment/gap between light and hood? The chrome headlight trim covers the gap so maybe I'm not understanding.

AFS, not worried about that. Nice feature but since I'm not comin'round the mountain when I come then it's not a necessity so it's not a big deal to me.

Halogen bulb also not an issue. You can easily convert to HID's. Same for the LED's. I apologize as I should've mentioned these mods, which are inexpensive, in my initial post. But I don't think any headlight LED's are intended to shine a path on the road. These look like DRL. My dilemma is that since I can not afford brand new headlights then used OEM is the next option. But even those are pricey ...and used with likely no warranty. So for less than the cost of used I can get new aftermarket, I figured it may be worth it. The only reason I'm considering it is because my headlights are really bad and the cost. Please send me the link to the site where you found the gap issue. Thanks man.
Old 12-16-15, 09:08 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

I think there is an HID version out there. I'm just concern about the beam pattern. I haven't seen anyone out there with these headlights.

I found a couple more pictures. I knew I saw them somewhere else. There doesn't seem to be any gaps.
http://www.online-instagram.com/user...888_1658798637
www.78-works.jp Website said coming soon.
Old 12-17-15, 10:19 AM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MX73
I think there is an HID version out there. I'm just concern about the beam pattern. I haven't seen anyone out there with these headlights.

I found a couple more pictures. I knew I saw them somewhere else. There doesn't seem to be any gaps.
http://www.online-instagram.com/user...888_1658798637
www.78-works.jp Website said coming soon.
Thanks for the info! They look better than what I initially thought. I updated a photo.
Old 12-18-15, 03:36 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't mind getting the black housing ones, if any one gets these please post pictures and your thoughts on the quality of the lights. Thanks !
Old 12-19-15, 09:34 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

These are very, very slick looking!

OP, if you do get them, keep in mind, that these will not be built to the same standard as OEM [in this case, it can only be better ] since all of these GS' suffer from the ****ty lens-syndrome.

But like say, spyder, or TYC, the lenses are substantially weaker than oem and they fade/yellow much quicker than OEM does.

So.... if you do opt for a pair of these, either get them clearcoated with some UV protector built into the clear, or simply clear/color vinyl them, so that any little road debris won't weaken the [weaker-than-stock] enamel in the lens.

Just an FYI...

I'm surprised [and glad] that the aftermarket world didn't really hop all over this car... there'd be a lot of this otherwise;

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Headlights