GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

How to identify 3GS options, with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-20, 12:04 PM
GS460V8
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PauloFR
Yes, I saw them on EU 3GS switch box pictures on Google and it is still a mystery to me! This switch is blank in 99% of the 3GS's, and I looked for UK owner's manuals to find its function but I couldn't find them. It looks like an alarm, but my car has an alarm and doesn't have this button.

Thanks for the comment PauloFR, I literally just found it I think! Yet to prove the theory but makes sense and trying it out today... The interior has sensors for the inside of the car, like you say for an alarm. This button is meant to turn off the inside movement sensor to allow for pets rolling around inside when the alarm is active. They call it "Limited Security", and there is also another feature similar (but I don't have it) called "Tilt Sensor", which you activate to disable tilt sensing when a the alarm is active, on a ferry ride for example. I have a sneaking suspicion tilt might be disabled with my Limited Security button at the same time.

For those interested, the other one (tilt) looks like this...

Not only is it exciting that I may have finally found out what my button does, but that my baby is likely to have an actual alarm, not just an immobiliser...

Which I did not know
Old 07-16-20, 02:59 PM
PauloFR
Pole Position

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

OK, thanks, now, we know! But did it came as an option or was it factory on some model years or versions?
Old 09-02-21, 04:15 PM
Tony2214
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great post thanks. My GS430 was sold in Japan in 2005, and is an early Gen 3, with many of the options listed. A couple of questions I would appreciate advice on;
PCS The PCS system is fitted, but is currently inoperative. A second-hand camera has been fitted, but won't initialize. It doesn't worry me not having the PCS serviceable. I have located the PCS button in the left foot well, but it doesn't seem to change anything? Is there a sequence to follow?
Steering wheel buttons there are 2 switches fitted below the horizontal arm on the steering wheel. The left is marked LKA, so I guess that's Lane Keep Assist. The right has a car with radar beams ahead. (Adaptive Cruise Control is fitted & works fine). Does anyone know its' purpose?
Adaptive Sway Bars are fitted, with the second battery and electrical equipment fitted in the trunk, in the spare wheel well. This option was only available for 12 months, and is pretty rare. I'm picking it wasn't popular, as with the Adaptive Shocks it is overkill. I can;t find any technical info on the system, or wiring diagrams (which is really what I'm after). Any suggestions where I can find this info?
Old 09-02-21, 07:53 PM
Tony2214
Driver School Candidate

Just found it, on a careful reading of the Owners Manual. The Radar button mentioned above is for use in adaptive cruise "Each pull of the switch changes the vehicle-to-vehicle distance Long - Medium - Short"
Old 06-11-22, 02:49 PM
truckerMW
7th Gear

Default Wood and leather wheel

I've seen 07 gs350's without the wood wheel yet mine has it and shows as standard equipment on my window sticker.
Old 06-12-22, 02:00 AM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerMW
I've seen 07 gs350's without the wood wheel yet mine has it and shows as standard equipment on my window sticker.
There were different content/color trim packages offered. The trim package on your car came std with the wood wheel, whereas someone else may have spec'd out a less expensive option package that did not include it as std. equipment..
Old 09-28-23, 04:09 PM
newtomegsowner300
3rd Gear

Default I have the parking sensor button but no parking sensors.

I have noticed that i do in-fact have the parking sensor button on the drop down panel. I don’t have any sensors on the front or back bumper. Could it be wired for it already?
Old 09-29-23, 12:13 AM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by newtomegsowner300
I have noticed that i do in-fact have the parking sensor button on the drop down panel. I don’t have any sensors on the front or back bumper. Could it be wired for it already?
It may be wired for the electrical hook ups, I'm not sure, but it's still going to be pretty cost prohibitive to try to add them. You don't only have to take into account the cost of all of the sensors, but also the installation of new, complete frt/rr bumper covers and the cost to paint everything.
Old 12-22-23, 11:26 AM
nzxyxy
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi everyone - I have a 2008 GS460 (JDM, RHD imported into New Zealand). In addition to many of the features listed in earlier posts, my GS also has the rather expensive option of LED Daytime Running lights, combined with foglights; additionally, it has the factory body kit front and rear, together with larger, chromed oval-shaped rear exhaust tips. The APSSS system is also installed in the spare wheel well in the boot/trunk. I mostly do city driving so I don't notice the difference. The car also comes with the full suite of safety equipment available at the time (infra-red driver monitoring, radar cruise, LKA) - the only item I am aware of as not installed are the parking sensors - but after driving for most of the last 50 odd years without parking sensors I am not concerned - the rear camera fulfils that role admirably.

A recent 400km + trip (rare outing outside the city), the car returned c 12.3km/l - 34 MPG (imperial), and for the earlier part of the trip (highway with no hills) it reached over 13.3km/l - 37mpg (imperial). These are impressive numbers for a car touching on 2000kg when loaded with gas and passengers.

Last edited by nzxyxy; 01-21-24 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Add new info, typos
The following users liked this post:
mspearl95 (12-22-23)
Old 12-22-23, 09:23 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by nzxyxy
Hi everyone - I have a 2008 GS460 (JDM, RHD imported into New Zealand). In addition to many of the features listed in earlier posts, my GS also has the rather expensive option of LED Daytime Running lights, combined with foglights; additionally, it has the factory body kit front and rear, together with larger, chromed oval-shaped rear exhaust tips. The cara lso comes with the full suite of safety equipment available at the time - the only item I am aware of as not installed are the parking sensors - but after driving for most of the last 50 odd years without parking sensors I am not concerned - the rear camera fulfils that role admirably.

Wow nice GS! I never knew that they had the option to come with factory LEDs. Was that something only available in Japan? You should post more photos of the whole car. in the rollcall thread.