GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 GS350 - touch screen problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-18, 07:58 PM
k8ebyrd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Touchscreen repair 07 gs350

Thanks so much xtremex626 and @carbonDNA on eBay for the advice and excellent replacement screen, did it myself and it now works perfectly!

Originally Posted by xtremex626
i've done the circuit pen method and it didn't work for me. that's just a cheap fix (scoring part of the digitizer glass and part of the ribbon with a blade) that will probably come back to haunt you in the longer run. since you'll already have everything disassembled, you might as well spend $35 for a replacement digitizer on eBay (there's one user who sells them that guarantees you won't have the rainbow effect). All you need is a razor blade (to take off the old digitizer) and double sided adhesive roller (to attach the new digitizer on). after doing so, you'll have peace of mind! i've had no problems whatsoever since replacing it. works like OEM.

here is the link. read the description if you're not convinced. he is a member on this board.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Navigat...RZt5DN&vxp=mtr
The following users liked this post:
xtremex626 (06-26-18)
Old 06-26-18, 08:50 AM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by k8ebyrd
Thanks so much xtremex626 and @carbonDNA on eBay for the advice and excellent replacement screen, did it myself and it now works perfectly!
glad i was able to help!
Old 06-26-18, 11:06 PM
LexTriton
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Recently had had my digitizer go out too, but don't have the courage to tackle this job on my own. If you're like me and happen to live in SoCal, you could also have Tommy at Music Box help you out. He had the part in stock so my screen was non-operational for less than 24 hours. Pricewise, it's a middle ground between ordering a digitizer and doing it yourself, vs. ordering a new/used navigation unit. Though it was more expensive than doing it myself, the piece of mind of knowing it was done by an experienced hand and getting the repair taken care of quickly was well worth the additional cost. Hope this helps!
Old 06-27-18, 11:32 AM
asciarra21
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by k8ebyrd

Noce job there. That’s exactly what mine looked like, lol.
As long as you keep things in order and/or take pics as needed reassembly and reinstallion will be a piece of cake.
Old 06-27-18, 11:33 AM
asciarra21
Driver

Originally Posted by LexTriton
Recently had had my digitizer go out too, but don't have the courage to tackle this job on my own. If you're like me and happen to live in SoCal, you could also have Tommy at Music Box help you out. He had the part in stock so my screen was non-operational for less than 24 hours. Pricewise, it's a middle ground between ordering a digitizer and doing it yourself, vs. ordering a new/used navigation unit. Though it was more expensive than doing it myself, the piece of mind of knowing it was done by an experienced hand and getting the repair taken care of quickly was well worth the additional cost. Hope this helps!
Lex I wish you would have asked me I could have helped you with it. I live in SoCal.
Old 06-28-18, 06:14 PM
Morfeeis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there supposed to be a plug on the end of my new screen / digitizer? Mine just appears to have a flat black tape wire, not sure how to attach it. Although
I have yet to take the radio out of the car.
Old 06-30-18, 09:40 AM
Fausty
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Morfeeis
Is there supposed to be a plug on the end of my new screen / digitizer? Mine just appears to have a flat black tape wire, not sure how to attach it. Although
I have yet to take the radio out of the car.
Your fine. Mine looked exactly the same. I have been putting this off for a year now and this thread motivated me to do it. A mechanic friend helped me and it took us an hour to do. Works perfect now! Anyone in south Florida need this job done my friend can do it for cheap. Pm me.
Old 06-30-18, 09:57 AM
Morfeeis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fausty

Your fine. Mine looked exactly the same. I have been putting this off for a year now and this thread motivated me to do it. A mechanic friend helped me and it took us an hour to do. Works perfect now! Anyone in south Florida need this job done my friend can do it for cheap. Pm me.

how did you guys connect that new wire to the Old Port?
Old 06-30-18, 10:05 AM
Fausty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Morfeeis
how did you guys connect that new wire to the Old Port?
you gently release the old ribbon cable as you are trying to seoerate the lcd screen from the circuit board and when you install the new digitizer plug in the ribbon cable gently into the port. It fits just a good as stock one.
Old 06-30-18, 10:07 AM
Morfeeis
Driver School Candidate

you gently release the old ribbon cable as you are trying to seoerate the lcd screen from the circuit board and when you install the new digitizer plug in the ribbon cable gently into the port. It fits just a good as stock one.
omg thank you. I know what my day will be like...
Old 06-30-18, 11:15 PM
Morfeeis
Driver School Candidate

It took me three and a half hours, but I got it replaced, got the Grom installed, and everything looks Factory factory-new.
Old 07-01-18, 03:20 AM
Fausty
Pole Position

Awesome! Feels good to have the touch screen back working right.
Old 08-02-18, 07:35 AM
twindham
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeez - mine went out today - appreciate the info on the digitizer and process. There was a mention of You Tube vids describing the overall removal and installation process - can someone send link or search words used?
Old 08-06-18, 05:48 AM
asciarra21
Driver

There are a few out there, some better than others but after viewing a few you will get the jist of it. I bought some non marring tools so I wouldn’t damage any of the plastics that I needed to remove. But you can use a screwdriver or pry bar if you’re careful.

Here are a few of the links I found. You can search for your year lexus radio or navigation removal.
Then you can search for the stereo removal

This one is for removing the digitizer.

Even if it takes all day it is still worth the money yiubare saving. Unless you make $2500 a day then that’s a different story.

Best of luck and be confident. If we can do it you can too.

Last edited by asciarra21; 08-06-18 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-08-18, 01:34 PM
Morfeeis
Driver School Candidate

Awesome! Feels good to have the touch screen back working right.
you have no idea, I was so thrilled. Save myself $350 by doing it myself...

Quick Reply: 2007 GS350 - touch screen problems