GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Innovative Performance Chips - GS460

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-16, 12:40 PM
travisr912
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Innovative Performance Chips - GS460

I searched on here and did not find anything so here is my question. Wife bought me this "Innovative Performance Chip" on Amazon for a Christmas Present.

My car is an 08 GS460 and I am curious if I should install this thing or not. It has mixed reviews on Amazon but I know that most people on there are not the brightest which is why I came here!

Does anyone have any experience with these things? Should I just send it back and get the Amazon credit?

https://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Pe...f_rd_i=desktop
Old 12-30-16, 01:25 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Man I wish my wife was like yours. Instead of buying my car stuff, she nags lol. I personally don't have any experience with it but you'll be the first to try it out. Can you uninstall once it's been installed? If so, I'd give it a try. Worth a shot of knowing than not knowing. Ebay and Amazon reviews are all over the place. Friends of seller making comments, people that tried it and it worked being shady telling people to stay away, and etc.. be the judge for yourself. I'm sure NOBODY will come forward saying they tried or come trolling in here saying it's garbage coming from ebay and amazon. You'd be surprised if in deed it works. It'll be hard to resell without proven facts lol. Even if you did and the buyer had a successful outcome with it, you'd vang your head against a brick wall wishing you would've tried it. Good luck! Hope it works. If not, RR-racing.com has a chip as well if you want to check them out insisting on going through with this.
Old 12-30-16, 08:23 PM
ptplujo
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out mighty car mods on youtube they have a great video about performance chips, its not the exact one but the same concept. Placebo, placebo.

Definitely return for that $70 that she paid. It's better put towards something else.
Old 12-30-16, 11:49 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

No it will NOT work.
Old 12-31-16, 05:17 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by YxUxMADDDD
Man I wish my wife was like yours. Instead of buying my car stuff, she nags lol. I personally don't have any experience with it but you'll be the first to try it out. Can you uninstall once it's been installed? If so, I'd give it a try. Worth a shot of knowing than not knowing. Ebay and Amazon reviews are all over the place. Friends of seller making comments, people that tried it and it worked being shady telling people to stay away, and etc.. be the judge for yourself. I'm sure NOBODY will come forward saying they tried or come trolling in here saying it's garbage coming from ebay and amazon. You'd be surprised if in deed it works. It'll be hard to resell without proven facts lol. Even if you did and the buyer had a successful outcome with it, you'd vang your head against a brick wall wishing you would've tried it. Good luck! Hope it works. If not, RR-racing.com has a chip as well if you want to check them out insisting on going through with this.
Unfortunately for OP, the RR-racing tune is only for the 2GR-FSE engine (IS350 and GS350 only).

But OP could return the chip and put that $70 towards a set of RR-Racing USRS bushings – definitely the best $348 you can spend on your 3GS!
Old 12-31-16, 12:19 PM
Fausty
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So they have been able to crack the 3.5 computer for tuning but nothing for the 460? Guess not enough demand?
Old 12-31-16, 02:47 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Fausty
So they have been able to crack the 3.5 computer for tuning but nothing for the 460? Guess not enough demand?
Yeah I'm sure it's lack of demand. It looks like it wasn't an easy process doing the tune for the 3.5 – they briefly describe what went into the tune (http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-L...gs350tne01.htm) and looks to have taken quite a bit of time and effort.

It's more a lack of demand from the GS community in general, since they don't make any GS-specific kit – everything they sell for the 3GS was originally developed for the 2IS or ISF.
Old 12-31-16, 03:53 PM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

You're welcome.

https://www.ovtuned.com/products/lexus-is350-ecu-tune-package-2015

Planning to get this after i get my headers