GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vaistech sl3b-l 07 gs 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-17, 09:51 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Vaistech sl3b-l 07 gs 350

Hey guys! I'm planning to add a Vais SL3B-L to my gs350, its equipped without the ML system and without Nav and I'm looking to stream music via Bluetooth.

after checking out some pics of the equipment i see it comes with harness and a grey box, where i am suppose to pu that box? It seems quite big. It's supposed to be tucked behind the radio unit in the dash? Or in the center console or under the mat? Anyone with this kit to share pics?

On the other hand, one of my front door speakers is going away so i am also looking for a more powerful sound, what you guys recommend? Should install the ml amp and change my speakers?

Or what kind of setup you guys have on?

Cheers
Old 03-22-17, 12:56 AM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the same unit and installed it in the back of the media console. Once you pull out your media console, you will see what gap I'm talking about. It fits in there perfectly. You can use a 3m double sided tape or Velcro to keep it in place.
Old 03-30-17, 09:00 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

I ended up putting it under the carpet right at the side of the left panel near the gear ****. Its better to change the programming mode in the future.

Btw nice device, super easy to install and keeps the stock radio bluetooth for calls! The mp3 emulation is great!!
Old 04-04-17, 03:51 PM
Vooduguru
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Post up some install pics?
Old 04-06-17, 08:35 AM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Oh, Vooduuru, I didn't take any pics but it's a really simple process I will try to describe as well as I can:
  1. Turn off the car
  2. Engage the parking brake
  3. Remove the shift lever lock cap with a flat screwdriver
  4. Press the shift lever lock and keep pressing it
  5. Shift the car to “N” Neutral
  6. You can now stop pressing the shift lever lock
  7. Remove the “Front molding”, this is the plastic cap below the dash unit, its where the display unit meets the upper panel, right in front of the ashtray, I used a dental hook to tool to remove it
  8. Remove the upper panel, start by popping it off from the rearmost side where it meets the console assembly evenly right and left, it’s even better if lift the armrest up, give you more space to work it out, now you will notice why you put the car on neutral!
  9. Put the upper panel to the side, no need to disconnect the cables that goes to the cigarette lighter but be careful not to make too much tension to it
  10. Remove two Philip screw bolts located on the lower trims, left and right, it’s the leather covers on the side of the upper panel,
  11. Pop the lower trims out to the sides while pulling it towards the rear seats directions, those trims have 3 tabs on the front and 2 on the sides
  12. Time to unbolt the display unit, the display unit have 4 bolts they are 10mm, 2 on each side 2 on the lower part and two like 2 inches up
  13. Put a rag or tower on top of the shift lever, if you can move it to the manual mode even better, as far away from the display unit as possible so you don’t scratch your beautiful screen.
  14. With all the 4 bolts removed start to work the display unit out slowly, I grabbed it by the lower part of it with one hand and my thumb inside the tape deck and after 10 seconds it was out.
  15. Pull it out until you can see the harness that goes to the lowest part of the unit its next another connector with a smaller size, I believe it’s the rightmost of the plugs, remove that plug
  16. Plug the “Y” connector that came with the Vaistech to the radio unit and the one that comes from the car to the Vaistech and the third connector, the smallest one to the Vaistech unit
  17. As I mentioned I installed the unit under the carpet on the left side, the unit I have, have an USB output and bluetooth, I was only interested in bluetooth so I didn’t installed the USB cable, in case you want to install that you will need to route an usb cable under the upper panel to under the center console, inside the center console is a plastic cover covered with felt you pop that out, inside there somekind of tape you will need to remove a bit of it to allow the cable to pass through so the usb cable goes though and then you will have an usb cable inside you center console
  18. But for me it was simple just throw the cable to the left side and put it right below where the left lower trim starts and it will fit there perfectly and will be very accesible in case you need to reprogram!
  19. Put everything back together starting with the unit, the 4 bolts, the lower trims, the screws for the lower trims, the upper cover, the front molding and you are set!

Hope it helps!
Old 04-08-17, 01:31 PM
brker1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the ivic 5i in mine and loved it. I pulled it when i traded it if interested