GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

AFS OFF issues GS 350 07

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-17, 06:17 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rickdestik
Here you go guzzy, hope this helps. 08 GS350 no current code, but B2416 height sensor control in history.

Thanks a lot Rick!! You know I cant read the trouble codes on my car with TS despite it says 4 for the number of trouble codes, when i try to read them i get:

"Error Code: 0x91020324
It's possible the requested function will work if you try again."

I can see you have 1 code, TS let you read the code?

And do anyone know where the AFS ECU is located?

Last edited by guzzy92fs; 05-28-17 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-28-17, 09:28 PM
rickdestik
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Error Codes

Run the Health Check on the main screen. All DTCs will be displayed on the Health Check Results screen. That's where I got mine. Still learning the TS software, a lot to learn.
The following users liked this post:
guzzy92fs (05-29-17)
Old 05-28-17, 09:43 PM
rickdestik
Driver School Candidate

Default AFS ECU Location

Sorry I missed your last statement.

Old 05-29-17, 05:29 AM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Thanks a lot RICK!!!! will check all that, first try to pull out the codes and then check the connections to the AFS ECU to see if I have a faulty module
Old 05-29-17, 04:10 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Alright, finally got to pull out the DTC code thanks to my man Rickdestik! I have the code B2416. I found a pdf to troubleshoot it and see what could it be, crossing fingers not to have a bad afs ECU.

Rick, you mentioned you had this code in history, how did you solve it?

Last edited by guzzy92fs; 06-15-17 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-29-17, 05:56 PM
rickdestik
Driver School Candidate

Code in history means that the code occurred at some time in the past, so nothing to solve. No info on when. What ever caused it was resolved. That was the 1 code in the data that I posted.
Old 05-30-17, 03:31 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

oh, ok! I thought that code was thrown when the car was in your possession. On the weekend I will try to solve the issue checking the condition of the AFS ECU and the sensors themselves. I am wondering how much will that AFS ECU cost, I cant find it anywhere.

Btw, thanks again for the TS tip! learning new things from hat software everyday!

Last edited by guzzy92fs; 05-30-17 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-30-17, 04:15 PM
rickdestik
Driver School Candidate

Default Afs ecu

List of computers for 08 GS in the following link. Everything is in alphabetical order and headlight computers (yes there appears to be at least 3) are about 80 items down. None are cheap. Go further and check the seat belt and steering computers - ouch, but everything from the dealer is expensive. BTW this is in the Electrical/Switch & Relay & Computer area of parts.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...html?PNC=89960

Here is an excerpt:

I would check the height sensors first as they are external and in the elements. Something could have happened to the height sensors when tire, brake or suspension work is was done.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out as I may be dealing with a similar situation one day.
Old 06-15-17, 08:43 AM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Smile Solved!!!

It never felt so good to say: SOLVED!!!

Issue was easier than I thought, happen to be that the rear height sensor lever was positioned in a wrong way by previous owner or who knows, making the AFS ECU read a constant 4.5V value no matter the position of the suspension.

Anything above 4.5V from any of the sensors is going to make the AFS ECU to throw an error code, more likely the B2416.

If B2412 or B2413 trouble codes are being read, its most likely the sensors are not working or there is a short in the line and sensor reading is 0.00V

Here is the Rear sensor value when the AFS LIGHT BLINKING was happening:

This is how the sensor lever was positioned when reading constant 4.5V:

And this how it should be, with the lever elbow pointing up!

And this is the reading from the rear sensor after installing it right:

So happy to see my dash like this, no afs off light blinking!

Next step is to find a flat surface where to park my car and tune the front and rear lever position, if it helps anyone here are the values to be expect from both sensors​ according the the lever angles:

Front sensor, located at the front left wheel area:

Rear sensor, located on the left rear wheel area:

And finally, here is a document to troubleshoot the AFS system, hope it helps someone in the future:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...mxBc0ktSHdMU2s

Thanks everyone who helped me solve this issue!!! love CL members!

Last edited by guzzy92fs; 06-15-17 at 05:49 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by guzzy92fs:
Brabusx2 (07-18-17), JasonShanj (07-31-22), lasem99 (04-14-18), professorm (02-17-19)
Old 07-18-17, 11:52 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

OMFG!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

I JUST SAW THIS AND WENT RIGHT TO MY GARAGE AND DID THE JOB!!! SOOO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW THE LIGHT STOP BLINKING!!!

its been 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-17, 08:37 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
OMFG!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

I JUST SAW THIS AND WENT RIGHT TO MY GARAGE AND DID THE JOB!!! SOOO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW THE LIGHT STOP BLINKING!!!

its been 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

​​​​​​I know the feeling. Happy to know it helped you!!

Last edited by guzzy92fs; 07-20-17 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-02-17, 10:05 AM
ihateu3
Pit Crew

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I understand that your issue was different than mine, but since you spent so much time troubleshooting, I was hoping you would have an idea or could send me down the correct path in fixing my afs issue..

My lights do not level (didn't even know they did this) when starting the car. The afs light does not come on or blink and appears fine, until I turn the steering wheel, then the afs light starts blinking and continues to do so until the car is turned off. The stored codes that I did get through techstream are B2412 and B2413.

I have access to Techstream, but do not fully understand the software or what I should be doing. I did a live data and did notice that no matter what the value for "steering sens center pos" did not change at all and stayed at -9.0 when moving the wheel.. As far as I could tell, I was unable to move either left or right lights, I tried clicking them on through the live test, but they wouldn't switch from off in techstream, same thing happened when I tried to level them.

Last edited by ihateu3; 11-02-17 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-06-17, 03:43 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ihateu3

I understand that your issue was different than mine, but since you spent so much time troubleshooting, I was hoping you would have an idea or could send me down the correct path in fixing my afs issue..

My lights do not level (didn't even know they did this) when starting the car. The afs light does not come on or blink and appears fine, until I turn the steering wheel, then the afs light starts blinking and continues to do so until the car is turned off. The stored codes that I did get through techstream are B2412 and B2413.

I have access to Techstream, but do not fully understand the software or what I should be doing. I did a live data and did notice that no matter what the value for "steering sens center pos" did not change at all and stayed at -9.0 when moving the wheel.. As far as I could tell, I was unable to move either left or right lights, I tried clicking them on through the live test, but they wouldn't switch from off in techstream, same thing happened when I tried to level them.
what model/year GS do you own? Did you ever replaced the headlights? Have you removed them from the car to be sure you have the swivel motors? I would make a test trying to move them with TS to see if the motors are connected or present.

Last edited by guzzy92fs; 11-06-17 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-12-18, 01:14 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by guzzy92fs
Guys i need help badly!! I am still facing the AFS OFF light blinking!!

I replaced both my front headlights with brand new ones, so headlight problem is discarded.

Have moved the height position sensor in the back to the center, all the way up and all the way down and nothing. The sensor lever is not broken btw

Tried to move all the headlight motors with TS and the worked

Tried to pull out a code for the afs system with ts and it throws and error

Please if anyone is familiar with the afs system help me

What I haven't try so far:
Disconnect the rear sensor (cant find a way to do it)
Check the front height sensor (if such thing exists)

Anyone?... Please

I'm almost pulling the fuse and giving afs for good

Wow thats crazy.

not the long rod that snaps like in other cases. In my 07 GS50h there is a front sensor and a rear sensor.

Last edited by samsonn25; 04-12-18 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-12-19, 06:22 PM
rcebowl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guzzy92fs
It never felt so good to say: SOLVED!!!

Issue was easier than I thought, happen to be that the rear height sensor lever was positioned in a wrong way by previous owner or who knows, making the AFS ECU read a constant 4.5V value no matter the position of the suspension.

Anything above 4.5V from any of the sensors is going to make the AFS ECU to throw an error code, more likely the B2416.

If B2412 or B2413 trouble codes are being read, its most likely the sensors are not working or there is a short in the line and sensor reading is 0.00V

Here is the Rear sensor value when the AFS LIGHT BLINKING was happening:

This is how the sensor lever was positioned when reading constant 4.5V:

And this how it should be, with the lever elbow pointing up!

And this is the reading from the rear sensor after installing it right:

So happy to see my dash like this, no afs off light blinking!

Next step is to find a flat surface where to park my car and tune the front and rear lever position, if it helps anyone here are the values to be expect from both sensors​ according the the lever angles:

Front sensor, located at the front left wheel area:

Rear sensor, located on the left rear wheel area:

And finally, here is a document to troubleshoot the AFS system, hope it helps someone in the future:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...mxBc0ktSHdMU2s

Thanks everyone who helped me solve this issue!!! love CL members!
Thanks man!!!!

This should be made a sticky! I had problems for months and searched for just as long. Finally found this today!!!

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: AFS OFF issues GS 350 07