GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

No start need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-17, 05:21 PM
Novembur
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No start need help

Ok so I tried starting my Gs 350 07 today n it cranked once then nothing. Since then it won't crank at all just turns the power on and shows the p/s light on along with the radiator fan on. I already charged the battery and checked the starter relay (the big one not the 30A) and forced the starter to work with paper clips but the engine would crank and not start fully. The gas is good. Battery is good. But now the battery dies really fast when I push to start to check the lights on the dashboard. The starters fine because I got it checked but don't kno why it won't try and crank without me forcing it to and even then it won't start.
Old 09-06-17, 07:25 PM
SILENTM
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like battery is weak, it may charge up but fail a load test.
Old 09-06-17, 07:35 PM
Novembur
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SILENTM
Sounds like battery is weak, it may charge up but fail a load test.
I have a battery pack that test it plus AAA said it was good but I'll double check
Old 09-07-17, 01:40 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 780 Likes on 673 Posts

Yes sounds like the battery is bad
Old 09-07-17, 04:58 PM
Novembur
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Yes sounds like the battery is bad
just got a new battery and it's the same problem except when I first tried it almost started but wouldn't turn over after that nothing...Got all the fuses checked and they're good however the OBD has no communication and I previously had the check engine light in for the cat converter now it's not on only the p/s as well as vsc off and ((!)) light. Thermostat reads E as well. But all fuses are workin so I confused why it won't start but the radiator will turn on immediately no crank at all though
Old 09-07-17, 09:13 PM
Cashish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked for DTC's? Generally with smart start systems if it detects an error or doesn't register RPM during start procedure, it won't try again until the error has been rectified.
Old 09-08-17, 03:22 AM
Novembur
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cashish
Have you checked for DTC's? Generally with smart start systems if it detects an error or doesn't register RPM during start procedure, it won't try again until the error has been rectified.
None will show up but I kno I had some on there like the catalytic converter but now it won't show or can even be read by scanners. Thinkin might be fuel pressure sensor or ecu because I read about it in some other post on here
Old 09-08-17, 07:10 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,530 Likes on 1,273 Posts

When you pulled the battery the CAT error got erased.

Almost sounds like two issues. Like the cables from the battery are in bad shape and losing energy. If you force it to crank do any of the ground or +12v cables get warm? Look at all the connections between Batt neg, chassis, engine block and starter. Repeat for Batt pos.

WAG; any chance car thinks it was violated by paper clip jumper and is locking you out?

These cars have lot of redundant fuses. I'd suggest you check them all.
Old 09-08-17, 09:38 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 780 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by Novembur
just got a new battery and it's the same problem except when I first tried it almost started but wouldn't turn over after that nothing...Got all the fuses checked and they're good however the OBD has no communication and I previously had the check engine light in for the cat converter now it's not on only the p/s as well as vsc off and ((!)) light. Thermostat reads E as well. But all fuses are workin so I confused why it won't start but the radiator will turn on immediately no crank at all though
Too me it still sounds like you have a weak electrical. I would take apart the battery terminals, sand/inspect/clean all the leads. I would also do this with the engine ground, you may have a loose ground wire.

I wonder if it could possibly be a fuel pressure sensor, not a common problem on gs350's but ive seen several with it and the symptoms are that the car will crank over but not fire. I wonder if this has anything to do with triggering a fault for a catalytic convertor. But I suggest cleaning the terminals and just look around for anything loose. But before you go slapping parts on it and trying to figure out the problem. Take it to the dealer and pay for an hours worth of diagnostics, may save you more money in the end.
Old 09-08-17, 10:22 AM
Novembur
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Too me it still sounds like you have a weak electrical. I would take apart the battery terminals, sand/inspect/clean all the leads. I would also do this with the engine ground, you may have a loose ground wire.

I wonder if it could possibly be a fuel pressure sensor, not a common problem on gs350's but ive seen several with it and the symptoms are that the car will crank over but not fire. I wonder if this has anything to do with triggering a fault for a catalytic convertor. But I suggest cleaning the terminals and just look around for anything loose. But before you go slapping parts on it and trying to figure out the problem. Take it to the dealer and pay for an hours worth of diagnostics, may save you more money in the end.
yea I had mechanic there for two hours he checked all wires and fuses nothing was wrong with any of it everything was working fine but I have seen people with bad fuel pump sensors theirs wouldn't crank either just a click from the starter relay which is what mine does as well but all my wires are good
Old 09-08-17, 10:23 AM
Novembur
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
When you pulled the battery the CAT error got erased.

Almost sounds like two issues. Like the cables from the battery are in bad shape and losing energy. If you force it to crank do any of the ground or +12v cables get warm? Look at all the connections between Batt neg, chassis, engine block and starter. Repeat for Batt pos.

WAG; any chance car thinks it was violated by paper clip jumper and is locking you out?

These cars have lot of redundant fuses. I'd suggest you check them all.
the car error got erased before I got a new battery I only got a new battery because I thought it would fix the problem and it almost started but didn't turn over