GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Fuel pressure sensor issue.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-17, 12:46 PM
bugilt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure sensor issue.

I recently had the fuel pressure sensor issue with my 2006 gs300. The engine would turn over a few revolutions the just stop. The radiator fan would run at what sound to be 100% while the car was still on (electrical system on). After that the engine wouldn't crank anymore until enough time passed or the battery was disconnected for 5+ mins. I found the exact problem mentioned on these forums and it was the fuel pressure sensor for them. I had just had a faulty alternator replaced by a mobile mechanic and decided to give them a call. They sent the same guy and I told him what I thought it was, but he didn't have the right odb2 reader to diagnose it. Another mechanic on the phone knew what it was, but the guy they sent out was going on another tangent. He ended on trying to reprogram my keys. Then telling me I need to take it in to the dealership for diagnostics. I had it towed to the dealership and diagnosed and it was the fuel pressure sensor, but they wanted to replace the whole fuel rail with it. Then told me the injectors are likely to break with this repair. I asked why and he said they could only get it with the fuel rail. I told him I had looked up the fuel pressure sensor on toyota's website and it's available by itself. He said they don't get it that way. I asked him how is that even possible that the mechanics don't even have access to lexus' inventory? He didn't have an answer. The fuel rail on this vehicle was replace in 2009 already. I've never heard of a car needing to have the fuel rail replaced twice. After thinking about it a while. I came to the conclusion. Lexus is making the customer pay for a fuel issue that is more of a warranty repair that they force you into paying yourself when the sensor breaks. Covering them from liability. If anyone needs a fuel rail or a fuel injector with the plug broken off let me know. $1910

Thread that lead me to the problem.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...need-help.html