GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2008 lexus GS350 Check VSC, VSC off and ABS no check engine, car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-17, 08:56 PM
Eaxy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 lexus GS350 Check VSC, VSC off and ABS no check engine, car won't start

I have 2008 Lexus GS 350. Filled up my Tank at the Exxon Gas station last night with Premium Gas as always, and parked it as usual. Starts the car this morning and it runs for a about few seconds and the engine stops running, the fan was on and you can hear the sound coming out from the hood, a warning sign about brake failure flashed and went off, then Check VSC came up on the screen, VSC off and ABS but no check engine, and car won't start. Please, anyone knows what this issue could possibly be? I have checked the Gas Cap and it was intact, checked the parking brakes, checked the battery terminal and no corrosion. Pls, any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-26-17, 09:16 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 795 Likes on 688 Posts

Sounds like maybe its the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. If you can reach it, try disconnecting and reconnecting the plug. Some claim it fired up the car temporarly
Old 12-26-17, 09:32 PM
Eaxy
Driver School Candidate

You may be right, i will try that when i get off work tomorrow morning. Could that caused the engine not to start? How do i locate the fuel pressure sensor? Although, I did something i shouldn't have done or never done before on my Lexus while filling up my Tank but i wasn't sure if that could play a part in this problem. I filled up my Tank till i could see the Gas by just looking very close to the Gas Cap. Not sure if that may have caused the problem.
Old 12-26-17, 09:47 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

No I doubt thats the cause! If anything maybe related to the cooler weather, and or the quality of gas.

From what I read you can access the sensor by taking off the throttle body, with just 4 10mm bolts. Then you should be able to reach in and undo the plug
Old 12-26-17, 09:56 PM
Eaxy
Driver School Candidate

It could be the weather because its freezing out here, I've always fill up my Tank with premium Gas...I will try that, will keep you posted.
Thanks
Old 12-27-17, 05:00 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Let us know what happens.
Old 12-27-17, 05:03 AM
Ngin
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

waiting to see results also
Old 12-28-17, 04:18 AM
Eaxy
Driver School Candidate

I tried to start the car as i got off work yesterday morning and the battery warning and the whole light came on, and you can hear the clicking sound like a sparking click as i i push the start button and the whole light deams as it happens but not enough power to start the engine. So i am thinking that new battery will resolve this issue. will be purchasing a new battery this weekend. will keep y'all posted.
Thanks.
Old 12-28-17, 05:35 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Yup sounds like a dead battery and or a bad alternator. Try jump starting it and take it to an auto parts store and have them test out the alternator
Old 12-28-17, 06:57 AM
Eaxy
Driver School Candidate

I just tried to jump start the car, it cranked up and go off in a seconds, tried it again and it wont start. So i disconnected the battery for the meantime. The only option i have now would be doing the fuel pressure sensor thing but i am thinking that disconnecting the battery would do it, not sure.
Old 12-28-17, 07:12 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Eaxy
I just tried to jump start the car, it cranked up and go off in a seconds, tried it again and it wont start. So i disconnected the battery for the meantime. The only option i have now would be doing the fuel pressure sensor thing but i am thinking that disconnecting the battery would do it, not sure.
So it ran for a few seconds and then shut off on its own? Did you have the jumper cables on and connected to another car battery at the time the car turned off?

If so then that could mean a bad alternator, if the car stayed running while attached then it is something else. Why dont you disconnect the battery take it to an auto parts store have them charge it and test it, that way you can rule that out
Old 12-28-17, 07:33 AM
Eaxy
Driver School Candidate

Sure, that's what i will be doing next. its just that the cold is beyond what my body could take outside. i can hardly move my fingers but i am stepping out there now
Old 12-28-17, 08:52 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Sure, that's what i will be doing next. its just that the cold is beyond what my body could take outside. i can hardly move my fingers but i am stepping out there now
I just checked the weather in TX wow! I dont blame you! Goodluck!
Old 12-28-17, 09:03 AM
Eaxy
Driver School Candidate

I am so messed up right now, the battery is disconnected, the hood is closed, the doors are locked and my manual key hasn't been programmed to open the door without the key fob. I can't open the hood to get the battery out, not even the doors. I am in a big mess right now.
Old 12-28-17, 10:37 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

I am so messed up right now, the battery is disconnected, the hood is closed, the doors are locked and my manual key hasn't been programmed to open the door without the key fob. I can't open the hood to get the battery out, not even the doors. I am in a big mess right now.
Use the regular key

Like this video

Quick Reply: 2008 lexus GS350 Check VSC, VSC off and ABS no check engine, car won't start