GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS450H Sonar error

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-18, 07:00 AM
xmikomix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS450H Sonar error

Okay guys, I'm new here and I tried using the search function, but the only other topic i found for this did not help much.

Basically, I've got a Lexus GS450H 2009 model. Since i've bought it a few months ago the Sonar system is not working what so ever (as are the parking sensors in general, which I think is normal because of the error) and I am getting annoyed by it - I was actually looking forward to using that function on highways and autopilot.

I've done diagnostics on the car and it says the front right parking sensor is faulty, which I replaced, but the error code is still there. Wires seem to be connected at first glance, but is it worth it for me to go through the full wire length to try and find cuts or disconnects may be along the way?

I've not had any incidents with the car, BUT i do know that the previous owner has hit the front of it and replaced a bumper and one headlight - any possibility for the garage to have missed a connection somewhere?

Also due to the error, it would seem the car doesn't turn on any of the parking sensors so I can't really know if they work or not (even the new one).

I'm a relatively new Lexus owner and I am lost at the moment. I've owned BMWs before that and i know for them that if the parking sensor is not making any noise when you are close to it, it would mean it's not working, but my Lexus sensors are not making any noise at all.

Any input on that would be appreciated!
Old 06-20-18, 05:00 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

When you replaced the sensors, did you look into the port of the sensor to see if there is any water damage?

Water damage will look similar to this (NOT EXACTLY):

Generally it's that bluish green stuff, it's corrosion to the metal parts.

My honest opinion? I would take a multimeter, and check for continuity, following the wire back to the original source connection. Watch the youtube for a how to.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help. I don't have p-sensors on my vehicle.
Old 06-21-18, 05:40 AM
xmikomix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
When you replaced the sensors, did you look into the port of the sensor to see if there is any water damage?

Water damage will look similar to this (NOT EXACTLY):

Generally it's that bluish green stuff, it's corrosion to the metal parts.

My honest opinion? I would take a multimeter, and check for continuity, following the wire back to the original source connection. Watch the youtube for a how to.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help. I don't have p-sensors on my vehicle.
Thank you for the reply.

By memory, the sensor ports were looking fine, but I will double check the one that's showing up as faulty just in case.

I will also do the continuity test to see if this gives any insight on where the problem is.