GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Looks like we are getting another recall...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-18, 05:39 AM
EastTnG8r
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncosi
That's odd to me, that them dropping off the loaner to me was a policy only for that dealership and not all Lexus dealerships. Then again, I haven't called about this one yet so they may not do it for this one. I'll call today and see what they say and post an update.
Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
rw3 (08-27-18)
Old 08-27-18, 07:18 AM
rw3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my letter today. Being that I'm in California on vacation, guess it'll have to wait until I get back.
Old 08-27-18, 02:46 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

just got my letter
and my first reaction was WTF, not again.
I hate taking my car to the stealership, even for free repairs.

Last time, some tech had something sharp in his back pocket or something, and scratched up my B pillar.

Is this invasive surgery, where they have to disassemble the engine again?
The following 2 users liked this post by pman6:
samsonn25 (08-28-18), ServerTech (08-28-18)
Old 08-27-18, 07:57 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Just got my letter today.
Old 08-28-18, 11:45 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Got my letter Saturday.

So its the damper inside the fuel delivery pipe, which is the fuel rail.
Old 08-28-18, 11:51 AM
gs350fan
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

I called my Leuxs dealer and they were totally disorganized. They told me they will inspect it and see what happens, but then then they said they have to order parts with may take a few days. Then they said there is another option and they will call me back. Still waiting for a callback.
Old 08-28-18, 01:58 PM
cloud777x
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncosi
I was actually scheduling the appointment and had planned on driving up for the day when they stopped me and explained it was a mandatory safety recall and for those types, they drop the loaner off to you. It was a great experience honestly. They dropped off an IS F-type on a Thursday and brought mine back to me that next Monday. They were very flexible and actually gave me options of what I wanted to drive for the loaner. Asking questions like "Do you need an SUV, or are you looking or something more fun and sporty?". The older gentleman arrived at my office with the loaner and we chatted for long enough to find out he lived on the street where I grew up and had a lot of history around that area. All around good people!
WOW... how many Lexus's did you buy to get that VIP service. Never once got that. Usually I have to go there and if I ask they will see if they can give me the loaner car i wanted.

...oh and THANKS FOR POSTING this. this may save me money.
I have noticed the fuel smell coming from my motor and it drove me nuts. Replaced the intake plenum (plastic part of the intake manifold) and and also inspected an injector. the injector o-rings looked good still too but i was at the point of replacing all the o-rings as preventive maintenance. each injector o-ring is about $13 each injector and there is 2 o-rings per injector.

Last edited by cloud777x; 08-28-18 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-28-18, 08:10 PM
AlDavison
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the difference between a fuel rail and a fuel delivery pipe?
-Al
Old 08-28-18, 10:29 PM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by AlDavison
What's the difference between a fuel rail and a fuel delivery pipe?
-Al
probably just the name and who's describing it..
Old 08-29-18, 04:52 AM
93SCMax
Intermediate

Received 102 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by EastTnG8r
Got my letter in the mail yesterday. I will call my local Lexus dealer tomorrow and set up an appointment. The letter says it should take no more than 1 1/2 hours to fix. I hope this is accurate as I can just wait if it's only that long. Anyone went in and had this recall done yet and what your experience was?
Got my recall notice from Lexus on Saturday, NHTSA Recall No. 18V-432. Called my local Charleston, SC dealer Monday morning to schedule the repair. They said they needed to order parts first and would call me back in a few days to schedule the repair. Haven't heard back yet but I find it odd that they don't have any parts on hand. The recall even states that if you "experience a fuel odor...schedule an appointment with any authorized Lexus dealer immediately". I guess if you smell gas, they give you a loaner until parts arrive.

From my view, my dealer appears to not be prepared. We've heard about this recall for a few months and this is an "Urgent Safety Recall", but parts aren't stocked for the recall.

Just a heads up...
Old 08-29-18, 04:59 AM
AlDavison
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already paid to have this done several months ago and now the recall. I hope that I can get a refund.
Old 08-29-18, 06:32 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

I already paid to have this done several months ago and now the recall. I hope that I can get a refund.
There was also a form in the envelope telling you what steps to take if you already paid to get it fixed so you can get your money refunded.
AlDavison (08-29-18)
Old 08-29-18, 06:33 AM
gs350fan
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 93SCMax
Got my recall notice from Lexus on Saturday, NHTSA Recall No. 18V-432. Called my local Charleston, SC dealer Monday morning to schedule the repair. They said they needed to order parts first and would call me back in a few days to schedule the repair. Haven't heard back yet but I find it odd that they don't have any parts on hand. The recall even states that if you "experience a fuel odor...schedule an appointment with any authorized Lexus dealer immediately". I guess if you smell gas, they give you a loaner until parts arrive.

From my view, my dealer appears to not be prepared. We've heard about this recall for a few months and this is an "Urgent Safety Recall", but parts aren't stocked for the recall.

Just a heads up...
Yes, I am disgusted with them, getting a run around, no callbacks. They seem to have no clue. I'll have to probably go in person. The service manager don't call back or respond to emails. I also went in a few days before i got the letter, they told me they can't even get parts and to wait. I also read reviews about the dealership, seems either you are satisfied with a good Lexus but if you do have problems you could be in for some trouble.
Old 08-29-18, 06:37 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

AlDavison (08-29-18)
Old 08-29-18, 10:37 AM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Got the letter a week ago. I'll wait awhile so my dealer get experienced doing a few of these repairs before I take it in.
ServerTech (08-30-18)

Quick Reply: Looks like we are getting another recall...