GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Looks like we are getting another recall...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-18, 09:47 AM
gs350fan
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Looks like we are getting another recall...

06/26/2018

Manufacturer Safety recall issued
NHTSA #Pending
Recall #J2F SAFETY RECALL JLF (INTERIM J2F) -
INTERIM NOTICE CERTAIN 2007 - 2011 MODEL YEAR GS
VEHICLES AND CERTAIN 2006 - 2014 IS VEHICLES FUEL
DELIVERY PIPE

Locate an authorized Lexus dealer near you to schedule an appointment
LEARN MORE

Description:
The involved vehicles are equipped with a certain 3.5-liter V6 gasoline engine. The diaphragm material in the fuel pulsation dampers in this engine may harden over time and crack, causing fuel to leak.

A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a vehicle fire.

Remedy:
Lexus is currently preparing the remedy for this condition. When the remedy becomes available, Lexus will send an owner notification by first class mail advising owners to make an appointment with their authorized Lexus dealer to have the Fuel Delivery Pipe replaced with a new one at NO CHARGE.
The following users liked this post:
ShrinkDoc (06-28-18)
Old 06-28-18, 11:53 AM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Is there a list of affected VIN numbers available?
Old 06-28-18, 12:00 PM
gs350fan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tghw

Is there a list of affected VIN numbers available?
https://www.toyota.com/recall
Old 06-28-18, 01:28 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

If the affected VIN is found by anyone it could help those outside USA to identify if their model could present the failure.

Thanks in highly appreciated!
Old 06-28-18, 02:22 PM
tghw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gs350fan
I entered my VIN and got the same message that you posted above. Apparently they have not identified the specific vehicles affected yet.
Old 06-30-18, 06:29 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

I got the same message. Didn't we already have a recall related to the fuel pipe gaskets or something?
Old 06-30-18, 11:23 PM
Morfeeis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got an appointment to drop my 07 350 off on Monday, they also have to do another recall that was never done. I also found out if you paid for a recall repair at another shop that Lexus will find you. I'm getting a refund, hopefully, for the VVC phaser or whatever it's called.
Old 07-01-18, 07:34 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

This must be for the port injectors? I wonder why the IS250 and GS300 are left off.
Old 07-01-18, 09:32 PM
gr8fulRed
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

06/26/2018

Manufacturer Safety recall issued
NHTSA #Pending
Recall #J2F SAFETY RECALL JLF (INTERIM J2F) -
VEHICLES AND CERTAIN 2006 - 2014 IS VEHICLES FUEL
DELIVERY PIPE

Locate an authorized Lexus dealer near you to schedule an appointment
LEARN MORE

Description:
The involved vehicles are equipped with a certain 3.5-liter V6 gasoline engine. The diaphragm material in the fuel pulsation dampers in this engine may harden over time and crack, causing fuel to leak.

A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a vehicle fire.

Remedy:
Lexus is currently preparing the remedy for this condition. When the remedy becomes available, Lexus will send an owner notification by first class mail advising owners to make an appointment with their authorized Lexus dealer to have the Fuel Delivery Pipe replaced with a new one at NO CHARGE.
I have no idea if its related...but in the last two days I've noticed a new, odd noise while the engine is idling. It's a low tone, rapid thumping like sound. As best I can tell...it's coming from the back of the engine near the firewall. It starts shortly after a cold start. Not sure it it stops after the engine comes to normal operating temperature or not. Can't really hear while in the cabin.
Old 07-01-18, 09:52 PM
MX73
Racer

Originally Posted by gr8fulRed
I have no idea if its related...but in the last two days I've noticed a new, odd noise while the engine is idling. It's a low tone, rapid thumping like sound. As best I can tell...it's coming from the back of the engine near the firewall. It starts shortly after a cold start. Not sure it it stops after the engine comes to normal operating temperature or not. Can't really hear while in the cabin.
Is it near the battery? Does it sound more like a ticking noise or a thump?

If it’s a ticking noise, it’s coming from the direct injection system. It’s normal on any cars with direct injection. If it’s a thumping noise then something else is going on.
Old 07-01-18, 10:44 PM
tghw
Intermediate

That would likely have nothing to do with this recall. The recall is for a potential fuel leak due to a hardened diaphram. That would not make any noise, it could just cause an engine fire.
Old 07-02-18, 03:31 AM
gs350fan
Intermediate

The direct injection system makes different noises. There are also traditional injectors which make some noise too. I think there is a noise damper that cost a few bucks you can install.
Oil changes are very important because the pump is driven off the camshaft. You don't want that wearing down!
Old 07-02-18, 05:27 AM
PC94
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another recall, indeed! I'm just patiently waiting for my remedy to become available.
Old 07-02-18, 07:29 AM
gr8fulRed
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The direct injection system makes different noises. There are also traditional injectors which make some noise too. I think there is a noise damper that cost a few bucks you can install.
Oil changes are very important because the pump is driven off the camshaft. You don't want that wearing down!

it's definitely not the typical "ticking" noise caused by the direct injection system...and it's not something caused by lack of oil changes (every BIT of maintenance on this thing is on time or early, plus extra stuff). I just about at 150k miles and just changed oil/filter, cabin filter, air filter, tire rotation/balance, coolant drain/fill ...this weekend. Once the parts come in (next two days), I'll change out the transmission filter and complete 4 drain and fills to remove the current WS ATF that has 75k on it. While burping the cooling system this morning I listened for the thumping sound. It started roughly 12 mins after the cold start. It's a lower tone thumping noise. Hmmmmm...
Old 07-04-18, 06:08 AM
MX73
Racer

It started roughly 12 mins after the cold start. It's a lower tone thumping noise. Hmmmmm...
Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere.

Quick Reply: Looks like we are getting another recall...