GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

lexuspartsnow anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-21, 02:24 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by MrEagle
I use the Lexus VIN number to search for parts on their website. Two possible items are returned. I contact them them through their rather clunky contact process asking for help in selecting the correct part.

They reply that the VIN I have entered is an "international VIN", that the car was manufactured overseas and that they cannot help me.

I reply that I can use that VIN on their website to lookup parts and it works on lots of other parts websites.

Their response? That they are glad to hear that I have found assistance on other websites. Ugh!

Thank you for reading.
thats kind of shabby. what part was it? and was your car originally sold in the US?
Old 07-06-21, 02:53 PM
MrEagle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The part was the driver side exterior mirror, the expensive one with memory and auto dim. I have since found in on multiple Lexus parts websites.

Near as I can tell, the car was originally sold in the USA. Toyota North America is listed as the manufacturer of record, assembled in Japan, appears to have been sold at a Lexus dealership in Houston.

Old 07-06-21, 03:07 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

The part was the driver side exterior mirror, the expensive one with memory and auto dim. I have since found in on multiple Lexus parts websites.

Near as I can tell, the car was originally sold in the USA. Toyota North America is listed as the manufacturer of record, assembled in Japan, appears to have been sold at a Lexus dealership in Houston.
have you typed your VIN in on the Lexus driver's website?
Old 07-06-21, 03:17 PM
MrEagle
Driver School Candidate

Sure... pops up the exact vehicle. Maintenance history even. Also popped it into several Lexus dealers part web pages. I get the same part number hit, just at $800 instead of $450 for some of the discount websites.

And, I just received a reply from a different discount parts warehouse that answered my question, and they didn't indicate any issue with the VIN.
Old 07-06-21, 05:02 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Sure... pops up the exact vehicle. Maintenance history even. Also popped it into several Lexus dealers part web pages. I get the same part number hit, just at $800 instead of $450 for some of the discount websites.

And, I just received a reply from a different discount parts warehouse that answered my question, and they didn't indicate any issue with the VIN.
yeah sounds like whoever answered you query at LPN either doesn't know what they are doing, or doesn't care.

Last edited by mspearl95; 07-06-21 at 05:03 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 07-07-21, 05:29 AM
MattNXF
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Use megaparts.com they use different locations based on price
Old 07-07-21, 06:54 AM
MrEagle
Driver School Candidate

Hello? Your link is for motorcycle parts... located in Thailand.
Old 12-31-21, 09:13 AM
sellersjoe
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Avoid LexusPartsNow.com

I ordered a thermostat from LexusPartsNow.com. Their site says they sell genuine Lexus parts. Their sit also shows an OEM thermostat which I bought. They delivered a different part with some no-name brand stamped right on the part (not the Toyota icon that OEM parts have). I requested a refund and they said I got the right part so I was welcome to return the item at my own cost and they would charge me a 20% "restocking" fee. THEY did NOT send me the part I ordered Ok, sure. I bought a thermostat from the dealer and it was just a few dollars more but totally worth is. Mine was a small order but the fact is, LexusPartsNow.com does NOT sell OEM Lexus parts. They got my money once but they won't get it again.
Old 12-31-21, 09:28 AM
93SCMax
Intermediate

Received 102 Likes on 69 Posts

Please post a picture of what they sent vs what the dealer sold you. Thank you.
Old 12-31-21, 09:36 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by sellersjoe
I ordered a thermostat from LexusPartsNow.com. Their site says they sell genuine Lexus parts. Their sit also shows an OEM thermostat which I bought. They delivered a different part with some no-name brand stamped right on the part (not the Toyota icon that OEM parts have). I requested a refund and they said I got the right part so I was welcome to return the item at my own cost and they would charge me a 20% "restocking" fee. THEY did NOT send me the part I ordered Ok, sure. I bought a thermostat from the dealer and it was just a few dollars more but totally worth is. Mine was a small order but the fact is, LexusPartsNow.com does NOT sell OEM Lexus parts. They got my money once but they won't get it again.
Lexus/Toyota doesnt make all the parts, majority of the parts toyota uses parts suppliers and stamps there name and part number on it. Things like thermostat/waterpump etc thats more likely from an aftermarket company like aisin or denso. Suspension lexus uses kyb etc. Toyota would own a major share in these companies, so I doubt lexuspartsnow tried to pull a fast one on you.
Old 12-31-21, 10:11 AM
sellersjoe
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a photo of the part from LexusPartsNow.com and one from Toyota. (I labeled the one from LPN.com incorrectly) The LPN part has a film of rust on it and is stamped with a name I've never seen and no longer recall (it's not Aisin or anyone recognizable). The OEM part IS stamped Toyota and is built differently. This was a small purchase but it's the principle of the matter. LPN.com states their parts are OEM but they aren't. And there were only a few dollars difference between their aftermarket/non-OEM part versus the OEM dealer part. Feel free to use LexusPartsNow.com. I'm sticking with guaranteed OEM parts.
Old 12-31-21, 10:22 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by sellersjoe
Here is a photo of the part from LexusPartsNow.com and one from Toyota. (I labeled the one from LPN.com incorrectly) The LPN part has a film of rust on it and is stamped with a name I've never seen and no longer recall (it's not Aisin or anyone recognizable). The OEM part IS stamped Toyota and is built differently. This was a small purchase but it's the principle of the matter. LPN.com states their parts are OEM but they aren't. And there were only a few dollars difference between their aftermarket/non-OEM part versus the OEM dealer part. Feel free to use LexusPartsNow.com. I'm sticking with guaranteed OEM parts.
If that thermostat is for a Lexus GS then it looks like the wrong one. The GS thermostats have a plastic tube attached to it
Old 12-31-21, 11:14 AM
frankymenz
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I’ve been very happy using Bell Lexus of Scottsdale, I try to order enough to get the free shipping, it’s usually a total exceeding 75-100 dollars, then follow instructions to receive free shipping at check out. I just replaced my transmission filter, fluid and pan gasket. I was able to add a few wiper inserts at the purchase time to exceed the free delivery threshold. I already had the fluid, I prefer buying from the dealers who offer a discount with free shipping whenever possible, I avoid counterfeit parts and problems that way. Frank
Old 01-01-22, 09:25 AM
93SCMax
Intermediate

Received 102 Likes on 69 Posts

They appear to be the thermostat for the 8 cylinder engines (1URFSE and 3UZFE). ibidu1,you are correct about the plastic tubes being part of the thermostats on the 6 cylinder engines (2GRFSE and 3GRFSE).

These pictured don't appear to be identical.
Old 01-01-22, 04:48 PM
MadMikeLS4
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I use them all the time with no issues

Quick Reply: lexuspartsnow anyone?