GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Help Please! Rear suspension & warning lights flashing (brake issue)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-18, 03:48 PM
mojosato7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help Please! Rear suspension & warning lights flashing (brake issue)

Hello! I'm a new member as of today! I'm hoping you can give me more insight & possible reasons & fix for my issues! I own a 2008 GS 450h w/113k:

First off: My rear suspension is making a "banging" sound when I go over speed bumps, uneven driveways, ect… when I even go slow over these. Only coming from the rear. Can anyone tell me what possible parts that need to be replaced? Not familiar with the rear suspension set up for this car. Is this common with this year & miles?

2nd: My instrument cluster under my speedo is flashing "brake malfunction, check abs, check vsc, check ecb". Also, my traction control icon is on.
-When I go from park to reverse or drive, brake peddle hard to push the 1st time, but 2nd, normal operation of feel. (still drivable)
-I hear & feel (driver's front side) a light buzzing sound that happens every 10-20 sec., inside and out of the car. I can even feel a vibration in the brake peddle when my foot is on it.

I've never beat on this car, far from it!! I'm thinking "BOTH" issues stem from the suspension issue.... Here's the reason(s):
-I've had the issue with the "banging" from the rear suspension 1 month prior of the brakes. Here's the story:

One day, I went over some "uneven R/R tracks that would make any car's suspension "cry" because its so uneven & on the corner of for the Hwy vs a straight away. When I went over these, I could have swore that a weird noise came from the rear of the car. 10min later, I noticed the flashing warning lights & the braking issues...……

I've done some research on this possible issue on this before joining Club Lexus, and it sounded like a possible "wheel speed sensor" might have been damaged or a wire to this might have been severed?!? I'm hoping you out there might be able to break it down on both these issues! I just want to be in the "know" on what I might need replacing before I call and make the appointment to have this fixed.

Thanks in advance to all that might know what I should be looking at to save some $$$$$ before taking it to a shop!!!