GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Radio/AMP-DSP Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-19, 05:20 PM
pbxcomm
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Radio/AMP-DSP Malfunction

Hello all,
I have been experiencing intermittent radio/beep malfunction, specifically, Display functions as normal however the radio and "beep" functionality does not. This appears to be a common issue and I, in my experience has found a fix.
I checked all fuses and all were ok.. I pulled the battery (positive) for 4 hours, this did not change the radio/beep status, still not functioning. This problem has been intermittent the last several months and seems to correct itself within a few min. run time, however the issue has become worse and eventually never restores itself.
Here is what I did to fix this:
Remove the AMP-DSP assembly from the trunk (under the carpet/passenger side). Unplug the 4 plugs and remove the AMP from the car. Purchase AT LEAST 97% alcohol (Walgreens or CVS). If you can find one a PC board brush (I used a pipe cleaner). Remove the metal enclosure including the heat sink to expose the PC board(s) inside. There are two small tabs that hold the front of the PC board in place you will need to turn these tabs in the direction of the arrow. When done you should have two PC boards in your hand. Next, soak the brush and the boards with the alcohol and begin gently cleaning the PC boards. DO NOT attempt to separate the two PC boards! I simply stood the PC boards on end and squirted the alcohol in between the PC boards. When done and the boards look new take a hair dryer and THOUROGHLY dry both boards, this may take 15 min or so as you do not want any residual alcohol under the IC Chips. When done the PC boards will look factory new, if not, clean them again!
NOTE: The alcohol will not harm any of the components or PC board as they were created in a similar solution.
Re-install the AMP-DSP.. This fixed my audio/beep issue permanently and have not had any issues since.

Hope this helps..

Regards