GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Bluetooth phone call

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 07:22 AM
MushGS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth phone call

Hello guys! This is my first officcial post on any forum so be gentle on me if I do any mistakes. Also pardon my english, Its my third language.

So lets get right to it.

I have a 06 gs300.
When I start my car it connects to my phone without any issues.
When someone calls or I call, the system turns off the radio and shows im in a call.
BUT... even when my phone says its sending the audio to bluetooth the audio is still coming from my phone?! (only tried this when the car has been on for only a few min)

This is reaaaallly frustrating and usually I just switch back to speaker.
But after a while it turns off the radio (1 min) and after another minute or so it tries to turn back the phonecall into the cars system (dont know how to explain it better), turning off the radio and again people cant hear me because it turned off my speakerphone and its always a hassle to pick up the phone and bring it to my ear in traffic and also its illegal (sweden)

After annoying me with 3-4 retries it actually works! The sound comes from the car! And aslong as I dont turn off the car it works just as intended until I start the car again.

This gets really annoying as I drive alot of short trips, idling for more then 1min is illegal in some areas so I just dont do it at all.

Please help!

EDIT: Also if anyone knows a better headunit that fits my car thats available on amazon or other websites that ship to sweden then please tell me!!! :D

(if you guys have any ideas on how to disable the TPMS system then please hit me up, searched just about every post and seems like nobody knows{gs300 06})

Last edited by MushGS300; 03-01-19 at 07:25 AM. Reason: added
Old 03-01-19, 07:50 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 863 Likes on 651 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus, your English is better than our Swedish (and better than a couple of other contributors!)
Your GS300 Bluetooth is probably named "Hands Free" or "Bluetooth Hands Free". When you initially pair your
phone you should wait until that device name appears correctly on your phone Bluetooth setup screen. It is
possible to tap the paired device banner too quickly which will result in an incomplete connection. Solution is
to unpair the phone, clear the names from both the car and the phone and re-pair. Other standard remedies
include reminding you to completely turn off your phone at least once a week.

Are you fitting wheels and tires without TPMS sensors? There does not appear to be a way to fully disable the
low tire pressure warning lamp. Your GS does have a feature most Lexus models do not have, in the glove
box is a switch to select between two sets of tires such as for winter wheels. Once you have had them programmed
for both sets you can swap them at home without needing to pay the dealer again.
Old 03-01-19, 07:58 AM
MushGS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick answer! Tried clearing and reconnecting today and it didnt fix itself, and even accidentally turned off my phone and still it was messing with me haha!

About the tpms, have tried everything, even brought it to a dealer and he told me that he wasnt able to turn it off and he thinks someone with techstream might be able to. Seems like the batteries are dead in the sensors. (the mechanic guy found the sensors but wasnt able to connect em)

Also the light is constantly blinking, dont know what that means, maybe the system is broken
Old 06-15-20, 04:49 PM
Sam756
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys,

New member, 1st time posting on any form .

I Just recently bought a 2007 GS350, i am also having issued with the Bluetooth connectivity for calls. My Ph gets connected and paired with no issues at all. But when i receive calls i can not hear any voice from the caller and vice versa. Even when i make a call i am unable to hear anything, head unit displays the call being connected but no sound.
I Tried un-pairing and pairing the Ph many times but have the same issue. Music,Radio plays perfectly fine. I have noticed one more issue that when i use the voice command button on my steering wheel i can just only see the dialogue saying say command, i sure the mic is working as when i say a command it responds, but no sound of the built-in lady voice.

Old 06-15-20, 08:07 PM
PauloFR
Pole Position

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Do you have on your phones an option to select where the sound goes at all? All phones should default to Bluetooth when a Bluetooth device is connected, but looking into that if it doesn't work as intended would help.
Old 06-16-20, 02:08 AM
Sam756
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PauloFR
Do you have on your phones an option to select where the sound goes at all? All phones should default to Bluetooth when a Bluetooth device is connected, but looking into that if it doesn't work as intended would help.
Yes, my phone does indicate that the call is connected to the cars bluetooth. Every time i have to put the call on my ph speaker to talk.