GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tpms disable gs300 -06 ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-19, 04:41 PM
MushGS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms disable gs300 -06 ???

Hey, after about a month of googling and testing I give up and I have to ask.
Anyone know how to disable the TPMS system completely?

Not looking for any "tape the light" solutions or "its illegal" answers.

I cant stand the "check system" light anymore.

Oh and its legal here in Sweden. Please somebody HELP!
Old 03-02-19, 05:50 PM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

It's not possible to disable the TPMS system. Many have tried and failed.
Old 03-04-19, 02:13 PM
lectric74
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Unfortunately there is no option to disable this feature, it has to be built to comply with so many regulations that while your country may not require it, others do so they cannot build a disable function.
Old 03-05-19, 12:14 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 780 Likes on 673 Posts

I dont see why you would go through the effort/time to disable it, it is a safety for you. Use that same effort to repair it if its broken. Personally It has warned me plenty of times of when I get leaks in my tires, due to nails, or just low psi. One time I was speeding on the highway without realizing that I had an almost sudden blow out, but before the blow out the warning system got triggered and I quickly pulled off the road before allowing it to go fully flat.

The system is simple, if you have aftermarket wheels just swap the sensors to the new wheels. If the sensors are old and have dead batteries, buy a set of denso sensors off ebay there like $120 bucks for a brand new set, buy a teachstream $25 and register them yourself, or take it to the dealer or car tire location many have tpms computers.
Old 03-06-19, 06:50 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 610 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by lectric74
Unfortunately there is no option to disable this feature, it has to be built to comply with so many regulations that while your country may not require it, others do so they cannot build a disable function.
The interesting thing about that, is that not all countries have TPMS on the GS. For example, some models made for Chile do not have TPMS.

A similar thread came up in the 2IS section as well and again not all models are equipped with TPMS, depending on destination. (Korean-spec 2IS models don't have TPMS).

Originally Posted by tghw
It's not possible to disable the TPMS system. Many have tried and failed.
Do you have any idea what methods were attempted?

Jeff
Old 03-06-19, 08:21 AM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
The interesting thing about that, is that not all countries have TPMS on the GS. For example, some models made for Chile do not have TPMS.

A similar thread came up in the 2IS section as well and again not all models are equipped with TPMS, depending on destination. (Korean-spec 2IS models don't have TPMS).

Jeff
Not specifically, but I have read several threads on this forum that document different attempts. You'll have to do a search here to find them.
Old 03-06-19, 01:18 PM
lectric74
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange

Jeff
That is absolutely true, and likely done for two reasons. First, the countries around those markets either do not require TPMS (and likely other safety features), or there is little to no inter-country exchange. Very likely markets around Korea and Chile do not require them, and this allows Lexus to sell for a lower overall cost, while penetrating smaller markets. In the case of the OP, he is in Sweden and many of the countries near by require TPMS, so it doesn't make fiscal sense for Lexus to ship cars that don't have TPMS, when the majority of the countries around there do. It also prevents issues with buying a car in say Sweden, then taking the car to France, it could be required to have the TPMS sensors even though Sweden doesn't require them, France does. Even here in the states people drive to other states to buy cars, either for price or availability, but the TPMS is a federal regulation. Many European countries are smaller than US states, so I suspect there is likely more inter-country commerce for similar reasons. When there is a chance of the car ending up in a market that requires TPMS, they likely cannot have any simple way to disable the system.

There was a post a couple of days ago that was talking about splicing two wires going to the TPMS module to disable the light on the dash. Might be an option, but I have no idea what other effects this might have, or if there is a definitive wire color for the GS, as it seems the wire colors vary by model.
Old 03-06-19, 02:29 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 610 Likes on 405 Posts

For sure, Toyota/Lexus has many reasons for deciding what options/features will be included on certain models. TPMS is not required in Canada for example, but Lexus models in Canada generally have TPMS. That said for Toyota models, Toyota initially included TPMS on Canadian models only to start removing it on models a few years later.

There are a lot of factors for these decisions,

It's definitely possible to disable TPMS in the 3GS, the question becomes is it worth the money and effort to do it. I'd rather just run the system myself.

Jeff
Old 03-08-19, 10:40 AM
cdtrix
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the latest defeat of the TPMS is to due the PVC Pipe trick. Grab your TPMS throw it into a PVC pipe with a fill nipple and set the PSI. It's super sketch but it wont throw the warning.

I'm getting tired of my tpms and i'm in canada and it's not required :/
Old 03-11-19, 08:23 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by cdtrix
I think the latest defeat of the TPMS is to due the PVC Pipe trick. Grab your TPMS throw it into a PVC pipe with a fill nipple and set the PSI. It's super sketch but it wont throw the warning.

I'm getting tired of my tpms and i'm in canada and it's not required :/
Trick works if you have a working set of TPMS sensors. I was going to recommend this but if you need to replace a sensor, you might as well put them back in the wheel (unless you have aftermarket rims that doesn't play too nicely with TPMS.)