GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-20, 01:21 AM
Toofast
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Tesla display stlyle PX3 Bugs Air bag light ON

Verly6565. I contacted the seller Aliexpress. It was very hard to navigate their web to message the seller( which is also Alibaba). Finally, when I tried to open a dispute, then I was able to chat with the seller rep (little help better than nothing). They told me about putting a 1K ohm in the 14 pin tesla connector between pin # 7 ACC and pin #5. That connector does not have wires on those pin numbers. So I request more instructions and Im still waiting. Do you know any info about that? Thank you.

14 pin. Counts from right to left.

14 pin tesla connector. But my tesla connector does not have wires on pins 5 and 7?

My tesla 14 pin.

My tesla 14 pin connector but no wires on pin #5 and #7. Also, this connector does not connect to factory harness. Counting from right to left. No wires on pin 1,2,3,5,7, 10,11,14.
Or I have to connect the 1 k ohm resistor to the factory male connector but which one??
​​​​​​

Last edited by Toofast; 05-18-20 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-18-20, 05:19 PM
verly6565
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

do you have a 12v test light
Old 05-19-20, 01:52 AM
Toofast
Driver

Yes. 12 v tester and a multimeter also.
Old 05-19-20, 02:21 PM
Toofast
Driver

Verly6565. Do the 1 k ohm makes sense for you? And do you know how to connect from where to where? Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-19-20, 03:16 PM
verly6565
Advanced

yes it does , phoinix android has this chip (basically resistors ) on there units for the airbag like this

i made this diagram for 2010-2011 lexus

we should be able to do it for yours
Old 05-19-20, 06:44 PM
Toofast
Driver

Verly6565. Thank you very much. Do you have the part number by chance? It will be same pin number? Or I have to see the color of the wires from the blue connectors. Do you connect the chip one in each blue plug or in both? My car has 2 blue plugs. If chip connects to only one, which one will be? Do you have any wiring diagrams? Thanks again.

it comes TPM bundle: 3 wire red, green and black.

Last edited by Toofast; 05-19-20 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Co
Old 05-19-20, 11:02 PM
Toofast
Driver

verly6565. What is pin #3 and #4 wires for in the phoenix chip? Thanks
Old 05-20-20, 04:27 PM
verly6565
Advanced

pin 3 =PAON pin 4=P-AB
We need to do a test with the stock unit first
Old 05-20-20, 10:56 PM
Toofast
Driver

Verly6565. Thanks again for all the good information. I was reading other posts and someone put two resistors (pictures below). I'm thinking in 2007 model with no optical cable, the blue connectors are not in charged of the airbag passenger light. I was looking the lexus wiring diagram and the P-AB color is purple and IG + is black. So according to the seller rep to connect both with 1 k ohm resistor. The only wires I see black and purple is in the same bundle (side bundle) where is the hazzard lights. It is the 12 pin factory connector. So it makes sense to connect the resistor from pin #11 black (IG+) and pin #9 purple (P-AB) right? I will check with the tester the black for power when I turn the Ignition ON. PAON is grey. What do you think? I just need to makesure which P-AB wire is and which connector. Is the IG+ same as ACC? If not then which color will be the ACC?

2006 lexus is IS250 wiring. (*1)with navigation (*2) without navigation.

This is from another tread. It works

Last edited by Toofast; 05-20-20 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 05-21-20, 02:59 PM
verly6565
Advanced

to find the plug just put the old unit in turn the car on and of and remove plugs one by one till you see the light stay on ,ive seen that setup ,it works for the is250
you have to use your tester for acc
Old 05-21-20, 06:26 PM
Toofast
Driver

Verly6565. Good idea. Thank you👍
Old 05-21-20, 08:22 PM
Toofast
Driver

Almost there. Thank you Verly6565 and everyone for your posts. I will be buying the resistors and then put it together. I will make a new post step by step how the airbag got fixed to help others.
Old 05-24-20, 03:13 AM
Toofast
Driver

Default Tesla display stlyle PX3 Bugs Air bag light ON FIXED!

Thanks again to verly6565 and everyone for your posts. I am "Pay it foward!"
This is the summary of many hours of reading and headages. However, the airbag light in my dashboard got FIX!!! I am sharing with you guys step by step how to fix this common problem with this android units. I will make a video soon!!
I have a 2007 Lexus IS350 with navigation, Mark Levison (ML) amplifier but NO optical cable. This can work in lexus from 2006-2011 with or without navigation but the important key is to find the cable that control the hazzard lights in the factory Radio unit (use a test light, when finding the hazzard lights will activate). Also, to make sure you got the right cable: disconnect the cable from the factory unit. Turn the car ON (Safety first make sure emergency brakes on and the car is shift in Park (P). IF the airbag in the dashboard goes ON you got the right cable!)
For units with optical cable follow verly6565 tread.
1. Select the bundle of connectors that have the Tire Pressure Module (TPM bundle). Remember to keep the TPM box from the factory radio. Select the 12 pin connector located at the side of the factory unit. (See pics below) From this factory male 12 pin plug:
2. Find the #9 pin color PURPLE (P-AB). This control the light from the passenger indicator for aibbag on/off and seat belt.
3. Find #11 pin color BLACK. Power + comes from the ignition (IG +).
4. Solder or crimp 1 K ohm resistor ( Ask for the fireproof one) between pin #11 black and pin #9 Purple. ( Remember to tap the black wire and NOT to cut it to avoid drop in voltage. This cars are very sensitive about that) If you want to keep the factory wires intact then put the 1 K Ohm Resistor in the female tesla android connector. Just match which color match the male factory plug. If the female android connector have no a pin/cable like my case (Pin#9) just remove one pin from the tesla connectors not connected to the factory unit harness (some tesla harness comes with extra connectors!. Use a hair pin to remove the pin!).
5. Remember to use electrical tape.and insulate all metal connectors/ welds/ resistor/ etc. Also the ends of unused factory plugs to avoid a short circuit. Connect the tesla connectors, turn ON the car and see if the airbag light turns OFF. Bingo!
* if you have the stick dash like mine becareful with the edges ( they chip very easy and it looks bad).

This is the cable with the connector controlling the hazzards and airbag/sealt belt indicator passenger light.

This is the back of the factory unit. See the bottom of the unit with NO opical or fiber optic cable?

Wire diagram. With (*1) or without (*2) are the same.

This means that your airbag system is malfunctioning. So they may not work in case of accident. The chinesse made the Teslas Android base on IS250 japanese (which doe not have the airbag indicator passenger light on the radio unit). So when the tesla is installed, the car's computer is looking to complete the circuit and if it does not happen throw an airbag light in the dashboard. So, the 1 K ohm resistor complete the circuit. The airbag light will turn OFF.

12 pin male factory connector from TPM bundle. Reading from Lelf to right, start numbering pins 1-12. Pin #1 is in the Left upper corner. Pin#11 its wire is color black and pin #9 color purple.

Female Tesla android connector with the 1 K ohm resistor. Tap in the black wire and new pin in pin#9 to meet the purple wire. All wire connectors insulated including the resistor. Good luck. I assumed no responsability. Contact a professional installer if you do not want to risk it. I took my chance and My airbag light on the dashboard is FIXED! Its gone👍

This is what the seller sent me which is mostly wrong. The car has a 12 pin connector not 14 pins. They were right in the 1 K ohm resistor.
Old 05-24-20, 02:44 PM
Toofast
Driver

Default Tesla display px3 not able to mirror link my android phone.

Verly6565. Hi, I was reading and watching phoenix youtube about how to mirror link the phone.
issue: this unit comes with phone link program but I can not link to it because it asks me to download a TIMA app which I dont know which one is on google play.
Or I need to down load other phone link program in the unit. If so which one? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Toofast; 05-24-20 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 05-24-20, 08:17 PM
Toofast
Driver

Default Tesla display phone link problems

Verly6565. I figure out the TIMA app. I just have to scan the code to download but I do not like it. Its in chinese. What app (phone link)you have in your Tesla? Or which one you recommend?

Quick Reply: The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP