GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-21, 12:30 PM
Elrafita
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by verly6565
if you guys want good sound ,I'm sure you have seen my DSP amp video ,,the way the Toyota Lexus system are very basic Front left and right center speaker front upper dash left and right ,rear left and right and rear tweeters, and last the subwoofer....now the DSP AMP I have on the first page takes care of all that , it has the same plugs for our cars ,if you are needing a more precise video on how to hook it up ill add it to the list of videos I'm making .
if your going to pay for a tesla screen you might as well do the sound , i was lucky when they came out with these units they sent me the dsp for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJo05Wxei7k&t=357s

Hi, i recived my px6 tesla but i have some problems with the rear camera and some stuff.

I have a 2008 lexus gs 450h, and i try to install the rear camera but in the back of the radio i dont have the k47, i have one that looks similar but doest have cables on the pins, so i remove the glvebox and i dont have a white k64, mine its black, and tryed to do it with the same pins but didnt work

Also i have a extra cable tha says AMP and i dont have an arness, also have another from the tesla free.

And this its the back of my oem radio.

Old 03-27-21, 02:47 PM
Elrafita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by k311in

Do you have a connector for this on your harness?

Old 03-27-21, 11:43 PM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

@Elrafita
Phoenix has the info for your model to keep the camera.

https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshde...-gx470-retain-

Hope that helps.

Old 03-27-21, 11:44 PM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Default reply

@Elrafita
Phoenix has the info for your model to keep the camera.

https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshde...-gx470-retain-

Hope that helps.

Old 03-27-21, 11:46 PM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Default reply

Oops, looked at it closer, not your model. But look at their site, yours might be there.

Good luck
Old 03-28-21, 02:33 AM
Elrafita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by amk3rd
Oops, looked at it closer, not your model. But look at their site, yours might be there.

Good luck

Nope. they dont have it but thankyou anyway
Old 03-29-21, 01:18 PM
Elrafita
Driver School Candidate

I solved the problem with my back camera, i have a different pinout, now works, but i see kind of different than in oem, its there any good configuration?

Also i think my sound doesnt go through mark levinson amp, i think i will need a new harness
Old 03-29-21, 07:17 PM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Sorry bro, i don't think any of us are familiar with your model. We all have the LS. Did you order from Phoenix? Did they ask for a pic and description of your dash and sound system? I would contact them directly. You might have the wrong harness. IDK. But they have been very helpful with any of my questions. The system works well with my ML system. might also only be settings. Good luck. Let us know what you find for others that might have your model.

Old 03-29-21, 08:29 PM
SonnyCrack
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dennis I reach out to you on YouTube about my 2004 Lexus RX330 backup cam. I wanted to know if you can help me with what pins i need to tap into. I purchased the digital copy of the Lexus mechanic manual with the wiring diagram but i dont how to read it with the connector and which pin.... lol Not Only that i also purchase the Alpine DSP PXE 0850s that i need to wire to my old amp which is not plug and play and some after market auto folding mirror that i also need to connect...So i really need a course in reading wiring diagrams for cars..... But if you can help me with the backup cam i would greatly appreciate it
Old 03-30-21, 01:17 AM
Elrafita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by amk3rd
Sorry bro, i don't think any of us are familiar with your model. We all have the LS. Did you order from Phoenix? Did they ask for a pic and description of your dash and sound system? I would contact them directly. You might have the wrong harness. IDK. But they have been very helpful with any of my questions. The system works well with my ML system. might also only be settings. Good luck. Let us know what you find for others that might have your model.

Didnt buy from phoenix, i live in spain, i think i have a weird model, hybrid and 2007
The following users liked this post:
amk3rd (03-30-21)
Old 04-08-21, 03:24 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Seems like I lost the war with Tesla style unit Russian electronics genius after taking it apart said the manufacturer would have to make a new can bus for me to be able to use my back seat controls.

CAN UNIT be used with my other LS? One is "low resolution" which unit is now is there a way to make this compatible with my other LS 460 that's a "high resolution" unit?

This way wouldn't be throwing away $800?

Thanks
Old 04-08-21, 03:46 PM
k311in
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by derreckla
Seems like I lost the war with Tesla style unit Russian electronics genius after taking it apart said the manufacturer would have to make a new can bus for me to be able to use my back seat controls.

CAN UNIT be used with my other LS? One is "low resolution" which unit is now is there a way to make this compatible with my other LS 460 that's a "high resolution" unit?

This way wouldn't be throwing away $800?

Thanks
telling u bro I think they sent u the wrong unit. The rear control models I believe needs the unit that has the lower part in the pic

Old 04-08-21, 04:21 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

I appreciate it but I even went back and forth with the seller on Amazon that sells this and after checking with his "engineer" they said it wouldn't work with back seat controls.

From what I understand there is one Chinese manufactured unit sold by multiple companies...
Old 04-08-21, 04:44 PM
k311in
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by derreckla
I appreciate it but I even went back and forth with the seller on Amazon that sells this and after checking with his "engineer" they said it wouldn't work with back seat controls.

From what I understand there is one Chinese manufactured unit sold by multiple companies...
yea Chris from phoenix when i asked him about that 2nd unit on bottom he said that was for high units which would have the rear seat controls. But yes ur right they are all from the same supplier just different middlemen.
Old 04-08-21, 05:45 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

According to the amazon seller the High resolution unit is Gen 4 Nav unit and the Low is older unit. I own both versions low in 08 LS and High in 2010 LS

Amazon Amazon

Does anyone know of anything different?

Do you have Dude from Phoenix's number?

Quick Reply: The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP