GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-21, 06:44 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

How did you get a hold of this chris guy from Phoenix?

Thanks
Old 04-11-21, 10:59 AM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, Ive got my camera wired up and working. I discovered that there are different wiring diagrams for our cars. Mine is set up exactly as Dennis showed for the 2006-2009 model. the big difference is between a lot of the other cars is my car does NOT have park assist. that's the diagram Dennis used. The camera feed goes straight to the monitor in my car. see diagram

When i first installed the unit i connected all plugs and did not have audio. Phoenix tech support told me to disconnect the 28pin as i didn't need it and sound worked. So i had the 28pin not connected to the harness supplied by Phoenix. I figured out i can use that plug to make a harness for the camera

I cut it off the supplied harness and had to re-pin it so the needed pins where in the correct spots.
then it was a process of connecting and soldering the wires together needed

Now the 28pin just plugs in, the RCA jack plugs in to camera jack on the harness supplied by Phoenix and the power supply was plugged into the neg and pos wires on the cig lighter with t-taps, thanks K311in, so no damage done to OEM harness and plug and play.

Here are the diagrams for what i believe are the cars with park assist, 06-09. these are the first diagrams i got from a contact of mine. looking them over with K311in we figured out the park assist difference.
Hope this helps someone.
Thanks to Dennis for starting this thread and the vids he did showing the connections and volt reducer needed to connect.
hope this helps someone get their
cam up and running.

Note- seeing as the unit already went to camera when put in reverse, i didn't do anything with any other wires. Just 4 wires were configured.

Last edited by amk3rd; 06-04-21 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-11-21, 07:27 PM
verly6565
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

sonnycrack post the diagram ill figure it out for you , sorry ive been working on my jaguar xf
Old 04-26-21, 02:20 PM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Lexus 2008 GS 350 with ML OEM

Hello all, I am new to this. My family are now Lexus owners. My daughter bought a 2010 IS250 and wow I was hooked. I now own a 2008 GS350 and my wife a 2010 RX350. Right off the bat my 2008 had Trans / Touch Converter issues. I worked on it myself and found the previous owner filled it with 2.5 quarts to full. I removed 5 qts and then put two new qts in with about 1.5 qts of the old. Its working good.

So I plan to install a T-Style Android and have seem most of the Dennis videos. I like the way he explains all things Android and the connector hookups.

I got into my radio and took it out of the 2008 GS 350 to find that the owner did a mass hack job on the OEM wiring to the ML radio / Nav unit. I have most reworked and the OEM radio / Nav works however, the old owner has the AUX 20 PIN connector wired wrong.

I am hoping someone can please help me out with the wiring Pin-outs and even better diagrams for the 2008 OEM ML connectors diagrams, please?

The AUX 3.5 has a board in the console between the seats. I traced the wires with a wire tracer to a 20 Pin connector in the back of the OEM head unit. I believe its been wired wrong.

I would like to have the AUX plug pin-outs that are for the 08 version and all the other connectors if anyone can please post them.

After I get the wiring corrected I plan to install a Phoenix Android PX6.

Thanks.

\
Old 04-27-21, 01:53 PM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Default Looking for radio diagrams of connector GS350 ML verson

I am looking for Radio Diagrams of the connector s to the DVD, Radio, Head unit, please.
The following diagrams are for a a GS350 08.

Old 04-27-21, 02:05 PM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Default Pin-Out for a Pioneer FX-MG4807DV

This is very close to the the Lexus GS350 ML version I need.
This is for a Pioneer P6502 version. It may be the same as what I am looking for but I cant find any verification that its the same.
( My version is a FX-MG4877DV - ZT. Anyone have that one? )
TIA...

Old 04-28-21, 06:35 AM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Default GS350 Radio for 2008 FOUND. FX-MG4877DV

This took a lot of time on Google. I found a diagram set for the 2008 GS350 ML Radio (Lower DVD and Tape deck) only. If you have one you should save this because it took me 3 weeks of hunting...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 04-28-21, 06:38 AM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Default PDF of Service Manual for GS350 08 Radio

The pdf attached is for the GS350 2008 Radio, lower parts.
Attached Files
Old 05-04-21, 04:27 AM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Default if your looking for car Android-

If you're looking for a type of Tesla style radio and having a hard time finding one for your car type you might try looking through this list. Link attached. All of the Android style radios are manufactured at one of possibly three different China factories. Note if you don't like to buy China products stop reading this thread.

So there are lots of places in the states you could look to purchase an Android radio for your Lexus.

Most common are Amazon, eBay, Phoenix Automotive or independent sellers with multiple names.

It's difficult on who to trust for the product and support. I have read many reviews of people getting ripped off and not getting their product but having to pay high percentage rates to pay back a loan for a product they cannot receive.

Some of the most untrusted sources are Ali Baba, AliExpress, Desert Supply, among others.

Phoenix Automotive has also had many bad reviews however at this time it seems to be the most trusted source. Phoenix Automotive is difficult to get emails from to confirm purchase for support. Phoenix Automotive has had a extremely bad record on the Better Business Bureau boards. The fact that Phoenix auto will eventually contact you back even if it's 7 days after you purchase your product. Phoenix has been known to have support staff spend up to six hours on a phone call to support radio installation.
Phoenix has also been known to call back and support persons who bought the radio second hand without paperwork.

Phoenix has recently changed their policy and continually changing their policy depending on the situation. They are apparently no longer support you if you purchased your product from a second party without paperwork to prove you purchased the product from them.

If you submit a credit card to Phoenix to purchase a Android radio and your card is declined because Phoenix attempted to run your card more than 3 times within the same hour, your credit card will typically decline payment. If this happens Phoenix will no longer take your credit card for payment but recommend that you use their baking loan Institution at 16% interest or higher.

If you choose to use the loan from Phoenix recommended Bank oh, I believe it's called Affum, or something like that then Phoenix makes more money because they signed you up for a loan to pay off your radio.

I do not recommend using their loan facility because it may not get your money back if you were to run into a problem that cannot be resolved. If you start a dispute with them using their loan company recommended, you'll never get your money back even if you send them the radio.

They have far too many policy regulations and loopholes. But most of these sellers have the same policy and the same loopholes.

These companies are known as wholesalers to the Chinese companies and they will sell the radios to them at Pharr reduced prices. The markups are steeper for the US market simply because the tariffs and the shipping from China can get expensive. Companies like Phoenix are doing you a favor so that you don't have to deal with all the taxes, tariffs or shipping costs.

If you purchase a radio from a company that does not state it will pay for the taxes or shipping then you better damn well be prepared to pay the taxes, tariffs and shipping cost from China. That can typically be over $80 depending on what the Chinese manufacturer claims the product is worth. Some of the Chinese companies will cut you a break by stating that the product is worth far less than what they sell it. If you purchase wholesale and you're buying more than 10 pieces at a time you do get significant price break.

As I stated above many of the companies within the United States may have multiple company names. The Chinese sellers definitely have multiple names and set up has companies to cover their tracks if something goes wrong in my opinion.

The following link will take you to a manufacturing board that shows you who many of the suppliers are that are purchasing the radios wholesale and may even show you the cost they are paying but these are not the prices you pay when you purchase.

The last thing, If you buy a "said" new radio and you receive a scratched used, refurb, contact the people you buy from and work out a ship back, for a refund!! If they are fair, you get a refund, if not then you got ripped off for a refurbished, used unit at full price.

Good luck.

https://m.made-in-china.com/search/p...esla&catCode=0

If the link does not work for you let me know they may have changed their URL address.

Last edited by RogerHomeB; 05-04-21 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-05-21, 09:11 AM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Default Clyde Protection Plan for Android radio

If you thinking of buying a Clyde Protection Plan, read the policy before you buy. (This is an openion only and I am not responsible for what the wording is in "their" contract. It is solely their responsibility to make a contract understandable without a lawyer present. And when you purchase it, it is your responsibility to read the articles of their contract and policy. It is my opinion, you may need a lawyer to interpret their contract to you, instead of them interpreting it for you. To us, it seems to be an arbitration contract only. No warranty whatsoever.)

A friend and I read the hole current 2021 policy that was updated march of 2021.
This is just a part of it:

Part2.1, you should read that section for yourself. I chose not to quote it for legal reasons.

You are better off reading section 8, 9 and 12 !!
Your rights may or may not, be surrendered. You decide.Your Clyde Protection Plan does not cover:
  1. Products that are delivered damaged.
  2. Cosmetic damage, like scratches, that doesn’t impact the product’s functionality.
  3. A third party improperly installs a product causing damage to it.
  4. Loss or theft.
Look at,
https://palmsupport.zendesk.com/hc/e...ction-Plan-FAQ

and:
https://www.joinclyde.com/legal/terms-of-service

Last edited by RogerHomeB; 05-05-21 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-05-21, 09:33 AM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's good info. I can speak for my self, and i think 2 others on this thread that bought theirs same time as me from Phoenix, i got what i can describe as excellent support from the whole company on my purchase. That includes buying, shipping and tech support from them during and after installing myself. As far as the part about financing the product, i did this as i read on another thread another buyer using the loan company to step in to assist with service from the company he bought his HU from. Basically they told the company if they didn't support the buyer they weren't getting paid. Same financer Affirm. I felt the cost was minimal to have that backing if needed and when paid off early, after satisfied with product, the cost even less. I've seen this before in other industries. Agreed on the extended "warranty". I highly recommend Phoenix.
The following users liked this post:
RogerHomeB (05-05-21)
Old 05-10-21, 05:14 PM
Elrafita
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its there any way to pin the oem mic to the tesla screen? mine has to insert a jack It would be as easy to pin mic+ and mic- to it?

Old 05-11-21, 03:00 AM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

This is my opinion. The OEM MIC on the GS350 has 3 pins. It is using a separate ACC voltage. Most newer MICs, like the one I believe, is used with the T Style radio have 2 pins. On the aftermarket, the ACC is combined with the MIC+ audio out. which means it uses 2 pins. To use the OEM MIC would need to be experimented with (research). I don't have my T Style yet but when I get it I will research how to do it. I have worked with component 3 pin transistor elements in the past and you would need to add a small capacitor (1uf) to the output pin and on the MIC side add a resister of about 1K (MIC Side). The resister would be the ACC input, but not from the ECU! You would need to add 2-3volts to the resister, depending on the resister used. So that is why most people stay with the after-market MIC. RS

Last edited by RogerHomeB; 05-11-21 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-11-21, 02:09 PM
crohmium2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbag fix for 2012 Ls460

hello dennis and anyone who can help. i have a 2012 LS460 but my blue connector head which is used to fix the airbag issue is different from other previous years. it has fewer wires and the one needed to fix the issue (white and purple) are not present in mine. my car has just 4 wires attached to the blue connector from the car. they are 1,3,4,5. i still went ahead and connected as shown in the video but it didnt work. can anyone please help me figure out what or where the missing colors could be. maybe they are located in other connectors. i love all your works and i am thankful... PLEASAE HELP
Old 05-11-21, 02:11 PM
crohmium2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbag fix for 2012 Ls460

hello dennis and anyone who can help. i have a 2012 LS460 but my blue connector head which is used to fix the airbag issue is different from other previous years. it has fewer wires and the one needed to fix the issue (white and purple) are not present in mine. my car has just 4 wires attached to the blue connector from the car. they are 1,3,4,5. i still went ahead and connected as shown in the video but it didnt work. can anyone please help me figure out what or where the missing colors could be. maybe they are located in other connectors. i love all your works and i am thankful... PLEASAE HELP

Quick Reply: The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP