GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-21, 08:39 AM
Elrafita
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerHomeB
This is my opinion. The OEM MIC on the GS350 has 3 pins. It is using a separate ACC voltage. Most newer MICs, like the one I believe, is used with the T Style radio have 2 pins. On the aftermarket, the ACC is combined with the MIC+ audio out. which means it uses 2 pins. To use the OEM MIC would need to be experimented with (research). I don't have my T Style yet but when I get it I will research how to do it. I have worked with component 3 pin transistor elements in the past and you would need to add a small capacitor (1uf) to the output pin and on the MIC side add a resister of about 1K (MIC Side). The resister would be the ACC input, but not from the ECU! You would need to add 2-3volts to the resister, depending on the resister used. So that is why most people stay with the after-market MIC. RS

Very interesting, can you tag me if you are able to do it? Or if you need me to try anything, ty!
Old 05-16-21, 10:08 AM
verly6565
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

Post pic of the back of your radio harness and tesla harness, post what year and model ls
Old 05-18-21, 05:02 AM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Elrafita, I believe verly6565 is talking to you. I don't have my Android yet. Maybe he can advise you on the mic?
Old 05-18-21, 11:13 AM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Things that should be done - prior to installation of an Android radio.

Start the engine and write down any significant settings your radio might have such as radio stations you would like to keep, possible air conditioning settings your head unit may control,
If you can, you should pull the radio out of the dash and mark as many cables as you can identify using diagrams if you have them, unless they're already marked.

This next step is crucial. With the engine off and accessory mode off. All lights off, even if you wait till Auto-off shut them off.

Using a quality multimeter to measure amperage, open the hood, disconnect the negative battery wire. Place the multimeter in the amperage rating dial. Make sure it will handle the amperage which could typically be.5 amps up to 10 amps. If your multimeter can't handle this you should get a better multimeter for this check. NEVER START THE ENGINE WITH YOUR MULTIMETER CONNECTED LIKE THIS!!

Using small clamps, clamp the leads from your multimeter lead (+) to the negative battery terminal and the other lead (-) onto the negative feed connector that you disconnected. This would be the one going to your vehicle ground.

Note what the amperage is with the engine off and any accessories turned off. Your car should be in the parked position with no accessories on, including radio and air conditioning motor.

A typical reading should be .03 - .60.
If you're reading, while the car is off, is higher than 0.99ma then you may have a problem with something draining amperage.

You should leave the multimeter connected and using pliers or whatever tool you would like, to remove each fuse, one at a time, starting with the engine block fuse set. When you unplug a fuse that causes the multimeter to drop back to 0.59 or lower, then you need to stop at that point. Check the fuse box and find out what this fuse connects to. Possible items it could be are OEM radio, air conditioning, seating controls or BCM - any of the onboard computers, audio amplifier mounted in the dash behind the glove box or mounted in the trunk, or a stuck relay in the on position.

If any of these items are draining more than one volt during this test, you should consider looking at that item connected to that fuse block. It's also possible someone wired something wrong in the past if this is an older car.

If your audio OEM amp is pulling 1.0 amp or higher, you should consider having your amplifier looked at or replacing it.

I would suggest locating this before you install your Android radio because, after your installation of the aftermarket Android, you should perform this test again and record how many amps the Android radio is using with the car in the shut-off and parked mode.

Your new Android radio shouldn't pull a lot of amps however, it may pull more amps than your OEM did before this test.

Good reasons to note this is, after you hook up your Android, it is good to do this test before you even try turning it on. If there is a major problem with the wiring, possibly because someone wired something wrong, this will help you to troubleshoot the issue before causing more problems when you first turn the Android on. A good audio mechanic should, as a professional should also do.

Your thoughts?
‐-------------
RS

Old 06-11-21, 04:16 PM
verly6565
Advanced

if you want to download music videos and movies for your tesla

The following users liked this post:
RogerHomeB (06-14-21)
Old 06-14-21, 04:17 PM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Default New PX6 Android for GS350 08. Fiber pigtail.

So I did get my PX6 Android. I ordered the fiber version so I could keep using my OEM ML Amp.
Do any of you know why the back of the Android has a fiber pigtail sticking out of a hole and no blue fiber connector is present?
Is there any why to connect a blue fiber connector to the pigtail?

Old 06-14-21, 04:32 PM
verly6565
Advanced

post pic of what you have ,we can sort this out
Old 06-15-21, 05:09 AM
RogerHomeB
Rookie

Default Pic of the Phoenix version

Originally Posted by verly6565
post pic of what you have ,we can sort this out
I will post a photo of my new unit later. For now this is what the Phoenix Auto web page has displayed of the same unit I bought. It looks the same. The Fiber pigtail is hanging out on the photo the same as the one I have new.

Sticker on the new Android PX6.
Old 06-15-21, 02:59 PM
verly6565
Advanced

this should be fairly easy give me a few days to look at wiring diagrams
Old 07-04-21, 09:18 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Carda Amp / tesla screen built in amp?

I got it from Phoenix Android
i did not have to replace the factory amp ,but on the web site it had an option for a DSP AMP,so i bought it with the screen
let me tell you the low bass makes you think you have a box in the trunk
What the amp has is a built in dsp sound processor so you can tune every speaker individually its incredible ,
when your tunning it comes on the screen ,you can use the presets or use youer own and save it and give it a file name
mind you all you do is go to your trunk yank out your factory amy and plug this in with the same cnnectors

you can also screen mirror easily and use the the tesla screen touchscreen

ive tried android auto and apple carplay and there a little laggy
the one in the unit mirrors your phone exactly

my next video will be me showing you how the functions work
Dennis thanks for all that you do! i am going to install unit in non ML ls460. i want to add speakers to back seat and rear without touching other stock speakers

Does the telsa unit have built in amp to rhn these speakers seperately?

Or can i add seperate speakers to Carda plug and play amp?

what so u think is the best solution besides spending $1k replacing all the front speakers and seperate amp

thanks

Last edited by derreckla; 07-04-21 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-04-21, 03:24 PM
verly6565
Advanced

its always better put a DSP Amp if you want to be happy with your sound , i als have a jaguar xf with a dsp ,watch the video same hook up

Old 07-04-21, 03:46 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

its always better put a DSP Amp if you want to be happy with your sound , i als have a jaguar xf with a dsp ,watch the video same hook up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXPGhVMQPyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQIudNRrcs
Do you know where i can purchase this “Carda” DSP amp from?

thanks
Old 07-05-21, 11:57 AM
verly6565
Advanced

the link is on the first page
Old 08-22-21, 07:13 AM
RLC1069
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need info for Tesla Style Radio fo 2008 GS 350 to purchase

Hey Dennis (DenTechMods). I have a 2008 Lexus GS 350 with tape player and Mark Levenson system. I am wanting to upgrade to the Tesla style unit that you have as well as having the ability to change the launcher and app as well as have android auto. Do you have, anywhere, where you list what unit is the best to use for this vehicle and what options you have used on yours to get the screen and updates to look like you have? Would I be able to contact you ia Email to get this information? I want to find a unit to buy very soon and have installed to use the OEM Backup camera as well. Thanks. Randy - RLC1069@AOL.COM
Old 08-22-21, 07:06 PM
verly6565
Advanced

click on one of my jaguar videos and one of them have my contact info

Quick Reply: The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP