GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-20, 04:58 PM
verly6565
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

do you have a picture of your factory plugs ....we can figure this out
Old 05-15-20, 12:32 AM
Toofast
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Tesla style android 8.0 budget system

I will be taking the radio off tomorrow and I will take pictures of the original harness and with the aftermarket harness and the connectors that they do not have connection. Thank you. I will post it soon. I tried to understand the Air bag connector you mention in previous post but I did not understand fully.
Old 05-15-20, 05:35 AM
verly6565
Advanced

not a problem we will sought this out
Old 05-16-20, 03:18 PM
Toofast
Driver

Default Tesla Display Style Budget system PX3 Airbag Light ON

Hi, my 2007 Lexus IS350 with Mark Levison, No optical cable. For better understanding I divide the factory harness in 3 bundles. Bundle # 1 has 5 connectors with a cable connected to Bundle #2 "Antena Bundle" which has one blue connector. Bundle #3 "Tire Pressure Module (TPM Bundle) has 4 connectors. And finally, one stand alone light grey con​​​​​​nector.
Everything work with PX3 unit like hazzard lights, passenger sensing airbag indicator light. However in my dashboard is the air bag light ON and no air vent downwards. Also, I forgot to connect the connector for the seat air vents in the console ( "the air seats were ON all the time" I was blamming on this PX3 unit but it is fixed).
Factory Harness pictures:

Bundle #1. The only 2 big connectors connect to the PX3 harness.

Bundle #1 with yellow cable connected to Antena Bundle.

Bundle #2."Antena bundle". Small antena cable and blue connector not connected to PX3 harness.

#3. TPM bundle. The blue connector does not connect to PX3 harness.

Stand alone grey connector not connected to PX3 harness

Old 05-16-20, 06:05 PM
Toofast
Driver

Default Tesla Display Style Budget system PX3 Airbag Light ON

This PX3 unit comes with different buttons functions at the side of the screen. They look similar but they have some different connectors from the back. Pictures of this px3 harness I divided in 3 main connectors/ cords: 1)power cord; 2) side cord; and 3) video/USB cord.

This px3

Reading from Left to right: antena/gps; video in/ usb; power cord; side cord (down)

I think I read that lexus in china do not have the airbag connector to the radio. So it is important to request the proper harness for USA market.

I had to bend the px3 brackets.(the unit mounted forward a little beat). Power cord connected (up) and side cord (bottom).

Cables labels Key1?and key 2?; Back (to connect + from backup light) do not cut backup light + cable to avoid dashboard malfuntion lights. Just tap it (no cutting, no wire nut) to prevent drop in voltage to the backup light.

Main power female connector (from power cord)

Power cord disconnected for the picture with canbus.

Canbus cables connects to all 3 main connectors (power, side, video)

Side Cord: male.plug to Can Bus and 4 female plugs. The 2 mark with X, I could not connect to car.

Reading from Lelt to right: video in (backup camera); USB;;USB; green/white cable to CANBUS.
Old 05-16-20, 06:21 PM
Toofast
Driver

Default Tesla Display Style Budget system BUGS PX3 Airbag Light ON

Verly6565. I hope with all this pictures we can figure out how to get the Airbag light ON off in the dashboard. The air vent ( it does not send air downward. It is not a big deal but if we can fix it better). The other issue I had. The system comes with a phone link app. When I tried to mirrow link it tells me to download the app TIMA in my phone. However, I have an android phone and I can not find it Google play. I follow Phoenix youtube and down load easy connect. But I will need to download in the unit which app? Because the phone link already in the unit I can not connect. So either I need to find the TIMA app or use other programs. Any info about this is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-16-20, 06:23 PM
verly6565
Advanced

from the the Tesla screen do you have plug for the blue plug, if yes show me the plug with the wires

Last edited by verly6565; 05-16-20 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-16-20, 06:43 PM
Toofast
Driver

None of the blue plugs and grey plug connect to tesla unit harness unfortunatelly. Two white male plugs from factory are the same. When you connect the wrong one the hazzard lights dont work.

2 male white plugs the same but only one connects to the tesla so hazzard lights work.
Old 05-16-20, 06:57 PM
Toofast
Driver

Default Tesla display stlyle PX3 Bugs Air bag light ON

The factory harness that I could not connect to the tesla harness are 2 blue (look the same shape), 1 blue and 1 grey connector. Are the 2 like blue connectors from the airbag system?

2007 lexis IS350 not able to connect with the tesla harness. Dashboard Airbag Light ON
Old 05-17-20, 02:22 AM
FlashWhyte
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh wow.. any Aussie owners on here know of an equivalent we can install? Sussing likelihood of ML replacement but there doesn't seem to be many options.
Nothing against the factory screen etc it has great lines... but it would be nice to have some updated stereo components
Old 05-17-20, 09:20 AM
verly6565
Advanced

i just need to see the color wires on the blue 6 pin plugs in your pic,
This is what happens ,the company who sent you the unit ,they sent the wrong harness but we maybe able to get it to work once i see the wires ,i can make a diagram for you ,then we will move onto the the AC
Old 05-17-20, 12:33 PM
Toofast
Driver

Verly6565. Thanks

2007 lexus IS350. Are these blue plugs part of airbag light?

This is from the 5 connector bundle with yellow cable connected to Antena bundle. There is 4 cables to the plug. Black, white, red and light blue.

This comes from the TPM bundle. Red, green and black.
Old 05-17-20, 02:27 PM
verly6565
Advanced

also witch is the plug for the hazzard
Old 05-17-20, 06:24 PM
Toofast
Driver

2007 Lexus IS350. The factory hazzard cable comes from the TPM bundle. It is a male plug 12 pin. It connects to tesla female socket located at the side of the unit. It controls the side screen Tesla buttons.

Tesla side female connector. 12 pin.

Tesla side female connector. 5 cables.

Factory Hazzard light cable from TPM bundle.

Factory Hazzard light cable from TPM bundle. Start pin count from Left upper corner=Pin#1. Tesla female connector pin numbers match the factory male connector. See the graph below.

Tesla female 12 pin. Only 5 cables. Factory male plug. Only 11 cables. Factory Male Pin #1= Left upper corner. Reading from Left to Right. Male connector with tab up. Correction: Tesla female plug pin #11 White with black strip. #12 Tan with black strip which connects the Hazzard cable from factory to Tesla button and return to pin#2 (Tan) to ground?. Factory pin #6 + even with car off.

Last edited by Toofast; 05-17-20 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 05-17-20, 06:29 PM
Toofast
Driver

Tesla screen buttons. Left: Passenger Buckle light; A/C; OFF. Right: Hazard button, Passenger Airbag On light.

Quick Reply: The Tesla Display Video install -with AMP and DSP