GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus GS300 NO ignition

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-20 | 12:06 PM
mrriches
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus GS300 NO ignition

An electrician bridged a wire in the hood fuse box.
Since then my Lexus doesn't start.

When the thumb start is pushed for the first time, the steering comes out; pushing the second which should put ON ignition will lock the steering back. Then a red light begins to blink on the thumb start button for about 10s. Smart key and ID code has been changed, all fuses
checked but car wont turn on ignition. Key fob works and all other accessories work. Ignition light flashed
before the steering locks back each time. Please I need
help.

Last edited by mrriches; 05-26-20 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Title edit
Old 05-26-20 | 12:17 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Try this, procedure!
A: Press the ignition button, this will turn on the dash.
B: Next press the ignition again to turn it off.
C: Next get out of the car and close the door, with the key fob unlock and lock the vehicle 3 times.
D: Then open the door and try to start the car.
The following users liked this post:
mrriches (05-26-20)
Old 05-26-20 | 01:07 PM
mrriches
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your swift reply.
I have seen above solution and tried it but the button does not put ON ignition nor dashboard. After unlocking and pressing the brake, the green light shows on the thumb button. When I press to start, the steering role out and role back in immediately as if the engine is shot off. Then the light on the button starts blinking red for some seconds. It have been on for days now and am confused as I know it's a small issue. Remote works fine, locks and unlock car.

Last edited by mrriches; 05-26-20 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Title edit
Old 05-26-20 | 04:18 PM
mrriches
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Try this, procedure!
A: Press the ignition button, this will turn on the dash.
B: Next press the ignition again to turn it off.
C: Next get out of the car and close the door, with the key fob unlock and lock the vehicle 3 times.
D: Then open the door and try to start the car.

Thank you for your swift reply.
I have seen above solution and tried it but the button does not put ON ignition nor dashboard. After unlocking and pressing the brake, the green light shows on the thumb button. When I press to start, the steering role out and role back in immediately as if the engine is shot off. Then the light on the button starts blinking red for some seconds. It have been on for days now and am confused as I know it's a small issue. Remote works fine, locks and unlock car.
Old 05-26-20 | 04:34 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

When you try to start it does the radiator fans kick on? Have you tried testing the wires to the starter, to make sure they are getting power? Raise the car up and with a test light probe the big wire on the starter to make sure that has constant power. Then unplug the small wire, and have someone with the key fob press the starter button while you probe the small signal wire. If you get power at that signal wire then your starter maybe bad. If you do not get a signal then you need to scope out the starter circuit.
Old 05-26-20 | 10:00 PM
mrriches
Driver School Candidate

When you try to start it does the radiator fans kick on? Have you tried testing the wires to the starter, to make sure they are getting power? Raise the car up and with a test light probe the big wire on the starter to make sure that has constant power. Then unplug the small wire, and have someone with the key fob press the starter button while you probe the small signal wire. If you get power at that signal wire then your starter maybe bad. If you do not get a signal then you need to scope out the starter circuit.
Thank you for your reply.
The starter has been checked and starter works fine. The challenge is when you tap the start button at first, you get an engine click. Second tapping which should put ON ignition & dashboard light will not but will lock steering and put of engine and red light begins to blink on the start button. Question is what is suppose to give light to the whole ignition or system? All fuses has been checked and still no ignition. Like I said the smart key and ID code device has been changed and still no power on dashboard.

We also when ahead to pass light to the dashboard from the engine fuse box and it supplied light to the dashboard. But the start button will not give light to the dashboard.
Old 05-27-20 | 02:43 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Does the radiator fan come on when you press the start button? If it does, and no cranking signal then it maybe a bad fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. If you remove the throttle body you should have access to it, many times if you disconnect it and reconnect it the car temporarily starts up.
Kinda like this
Old 05-28-20 | 10:06 AM
mrriches
Driver School Candidate

Does the radiator fan come on when you press the start button? If it does, and no cranking signal then it maybe a bad fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. If you remove the throttle body you should have access to it, many times if you disconnect it and reconnect it the car temporarily starts up.
Kinda like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtfvDvE8mC8

THANK you for your reply.
I later found out there is a device beneath the front glove box of passenger with ABS written on it. Immediately another was inserted, the car started right away. It worked for some minutes and stopped. Started it again and stop. Now the dashboard lights are back, the engine kicks but does not start. The device has been reprogrammed and it's still same.
tried locking and unlocking with remote and still same.

I was told the fuel pump works fine but does not get to engine to start it up. If you put fuel directly to engine via the pipe, the car starts fine. What could be the issue this time? But I guess the device is still the issues cos the one I got is not same number with the one that came with the car.

LEXUS GS300 05-10 MULTIPLEX MPX PSC MODULE ECU UNIT 89670-30020

Old 05-28-20 | 10:27 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe thats a relay to the ecu, I still believe it could be a fuel rail sensor like the video I sent you. That sensor, when it goes bad, people have said that disconnecting and reconnect it allows the car to run temporarly. Maybe when you disconnect the module and reconnected it, it reset the sensor somehow. That fuel sensor is a common issue, if you can find a cheap used one to throw in and see or just take your car to the lexus or toyota dealer.
Old 05-31-20 | 12:20 AM
mrriches
Driver School Candidate

Maybe thats a relay to the ecu, I still believe it could be a fuel rail sensor like the video I sent you. That sensor, when it goes bad, people have said that disconnecting and reconnect it allows the car to run temporarly. Maybe when you disconnect the module and reconnected it, it reset the sensor somehow. That fuel sensor is a common issue, if you can find a cheap used one to throw in and see or just take your car to the lexus or toyota dealer.
Thank you.

The issues is causee by the device I sent above. I have requested for another and inserted and car start immediately.