GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 gs350 touch screen issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-20, 06:31 PM
jmatthis86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 gs350 touch screen issues

Soo i hooked you some music in my car everything was working just fine up until yesterday now while I was driving my touch screen went black the ac was still running but the music stopped playing so while I was driving home as I got to my house all these lights on the dash started coming on so I turned the car off I opened the hood and I noticed that the fusible link was popped now last time this happened it was because my alternator went back so I had a new alternator and battery put in this was two months ago so I’m guessing it popped now because of the beat I put in maybe it was to much on the alternator so I replaced the link again and those lights went off but the screen is still black I even took out the beat I’ve checked all the fuses none were bad I unhooked the battery while the car was running to see if maybe the alternator was bad but nope it stayed running and I’m sure it’s not the battery because the aalternator charges that so my question is what else can it be my ac doesn’t work nothing around or in the touchscreen works but my radio turns on I just can’t see anything it’s 110 out here there’s no way I’m going out without my ac can anyone help
Old 09-06-20, 06:40 PM
jmatthis86
Driver School Candidate

Soo i hooked you some music in my car everything was working just fine up until yesterday now while I was driving my touch screen went black the ac was still running but the music stopped playing so while I was driving home as I got to my house all these lights on the dash started coming on so I turned the car off I opened the hood and I noticed that the fusible link was popped now last time this happened it was because my alternator went back so I had a new alternator and battery put in this was two months ago so I’m guessing it popped now because of the beat I put in maybe it was to much on the alternator so I replaced the link again and those lights went off but the screen is still black I even took out the beat I’ve checked all the fuses none were bad I unhooked the battery while the car was running to see if maybe the alternator was bad but nope it stayed running and I’m sure it’s not the battery because the aalternator charges that so my question is what else can it be my ac doesn’t work nothing around or in the touchscreen works but my radio turns on I just can’t see anything it’s 110 out here there’s no way I’m going out without my ac can anyone help
Old 09-06-20, 06:48 PM
jmatthis86
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 gs350 touch screen issues

Old 09-06-20, 06:54 PM
jmatthis86
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 gs350 touchscreen help

Old 09-06-20, 10:38 PM
milimart
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You can check voltage

Originally Posted by jmatthis86
Soo i hookedyou some music in my car everything was working just fine up until yesterday now while I was driving my touch screen went black the ac was still running but the music stopped playing so while I was driving home as I got to my house all these lights on the dash started coming on so I turned the car off I opened the hood and I noticed that the fusible link was popped now last time this happened it was because my alternator went back so I had a new alternator and battery put in this was two months ago so I’m guessing it popped now because of the beat I put in maybe it was to much on the alternator so I replaced the link again and those lights went off but the screen is still black I even took out the beat I’ve checked all the fuses none were bad I unhooked the battery while the car was running to see if maybe the alternator was bad but nope it stayed running and I’m sure it’s not the battery because the aalternator charges that so my question is what else can it be my ac doesn’t work nothing around or in the touchscreen works but my radio turns on I just can’t see anything it’s 110 out here there’s no way I’m going out without my ac can anyone help
Attached Thumbnails 2007 gs350 touch screen issues-a4d26e7f-fd9e-4ed6-b80f-4e3e3b360b07.jpeg  
Old 09-07-20, 10:05 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 747 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by jmatthis86
Holy run-on sentence, Batman!
Go ahead and repost this in it's own topic as it's different from what the OP is reporting.
I would look for loose connections on the high-current wires -- alternator, starter relay, battery, ground straps, etc.

Chip H.
Old 09-07-20, 05:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

I moved and merged all your posts from various model forums and threads to this one. This is the right spot.
The following users liked this post:
jmatthis86 (09-07-20)