GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Sway Bar Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-20, 02:22 AM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sway Bar Options

So I want to upgrade my sway bars on my 08 GS350, but other than the F-sport sway bars, I see no other aftermarket brands. My rear sway bar bushings are worn and doing the clunk. I've heard that some of the IS350 suspension parts work on the GS350, but I'm not too sure. I'd like to know if anyone can chime in before I shell out $600 for a set of front and rear sway bars for the IS/ISF from Sikky. Thanks in advance for the help and information guys
Old 09-14-20, 07:56 AM
verly6565
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

The sway bars dont need changing unless there rusted to no return, just change the bushings
Old 09-14-20, 08:09 AM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by verly6565
The sway bars dont need changing unless there rusted to no return, just change the bushings
I know that the sway bar bushings and probably the sway bar links will have to be replaced. I know my sway bars are fine since I live in CA and doubt they're rusted. Im a mechanic so doing the work isn't a problem for me. However, I like to go on spirited drives sometimes, and hate how much body roll the car has. I thought I'd take the opportunity to replace the bushings, and beef up the sway bars while im at it. I want to decrease the side to side pitch. I do appreciate the input though
Old 09-14-20, 11:15 AM
Blaze876
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 83 Posts

The is/isf sway bars dont work. Only other aftermarket i know is megan. I got the rear megan sway bar only for $140 and it was a massive difference. I am assuming the fsport will be better but I wasnt willing to spend so much.
The following users liked this post:
AspireXVIP (09-14-20)
Old 09-14-20, 11:22 AM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blaze876
The is/isf sway bars dont work. Only other aftermarket i know is megan. I got the rear megan sway bar only for $140 and it was a massive difference. I am assuming the fsport will be better but I wasnt willing to spend so much.
Thanks. That's exactly what I was trying to figure out 😅. It's also good to hear that the sway bars actually made a difference. So is it a front and rear kit along with the poly bushings on the Megan kit? Or is it just a rear sway bar. Do you by any chance know what comes included on the fsport package?
Old 09-14-20, 02:13 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by AspireXVIP
Thanks. That's exactly what I was trying to figure out 😅. It's also good to hear that the sway bars actually made a difference. So is it a front and rear kit along with the poly bushings on the Megan kit? Or is it just a rear sway bar. Do you by any chance know what comes included on the fsport package?
you can buy the front and rear for the megan. However I opted for only the rear which causes the car to more oversteer than understeer. I hate understeer which is why I elected for the rear megan sway bar only. I haven't noticed any oversteer and understeer is almost non existent. It comes with the bushings and new mounting hardware.

I believe the f sport comes with bushings and mounting hardware as well. I would have went with the rear f sport only but they only sell it in pairs.
AspireXVIP (09-14-20)
Old 09-14-20, 04:42 PM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blaze876
you can buy the front and rear for the megan. However I opted for only the rear which causes the car to more oversteer than understeer. I hate understeer which is why I elected for the rear megan sway bar only. I haven't noticed any oversteer and understeer is almost non existent. It comes with the bushings and new mounting hardware.

I believe the f sport comes with bushings and mounting hardware as well. I would have went with the rear f sport only but they only sell it in pairs.
Yeah I've been shopping around and saw that the f-sport option is around $436 on Amazon for the kit. I called the dealer and its 496 with a 2 day waiting period. I'm definitely gonna get it, because I hate the feeling of the front of the car pitching so hard to one side on the entry to a corner. It doesn't really inspire confidence to take corners at higher speeds. I understand its a 4000lb car and that its meant to be a softer ride than the IS, but that roll is ridiculous 😅. Thank you though. I appreciate the help.
Old 09-14-20, 09:46 PM
adrock265
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the Megan bars with figs endlinks, looking for a set of f sport to switch the Megan's out for. The figs end links are too nice for the Megan junk lol I also put energy suspension mounts and stiffer bushings.
AspireXVIP (09-14-20)
Old 09-14-20, 10:09 PM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by adrock265
I have the Megan bars with figs endlinks, looking for a set of f sport to switch the Megan's out for. The figs end links are too nice for the Megan junk lol I also put energy suspension mounts and stiffer bushings.
Check Amazon for those F Sport sway bars. If not there, the Lexus part number your looking for is PTR02-30101. I just want stiffer bushings for the sway bars. Too much poly on suspension components and bushings and you start getting alot of vibration inside the cabin, which is ok on a dedicated track car, but would drive me crazy daily driving it.
Old 09-14-20, 10:23 PM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by adrock265
BTW How long have you had those Fig Sway bar links on your car? They're nice spherical endlinks, but at that price, Im wondering what kind of life I'll get out of them. They could work great though as I do plan on lowering the car with some BC coilovers. I had already gotten them, but BC messed up and sent me coilovers for the AWD model 😢. Now I gotta wait another month and a half since I also opted for the swift spring upgrade with custom spring rates
Old 09-14-20, 11:27 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Maybe a larger front swaybar, for the rear on many other cars you dont get much benefit from unless youre doing suspension tweaks and the back end steps out. Maybe add some aftermarket poly bushings for the rear, just make sure to grease them nicely. But I think you will feel the most out of the front end.
The following 2 users liked this post by ibidu1:
AspireXVIP (09-14-20), GS460V8 (09-16-20)
Old 09-15-20, 12:14 AM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Maybe a larger front swaybar, for the rear on many other cars you dont get much benefit from unless youre doing suspension tweaks and the back end steps out. Maybe add some aftermarket poly bushings for the rear, just make sure to grease them nicely. But I think you will feel the most out of the front end.
Thats exactly where I want the difference. The rear doesnt step out on me, unless I'm purposely trying to kick it out, with the TCS off. That being said, I do have plans to throw more power later at the car, so taming the rear end in preparation for that won't hurt. The bushings that come with the F sport kit are durometer bushings so we'll see if those help. Do you know who makes poly sway bar bushings? As for the greasing, I know, but appreciate the reminder anyways 😄
Old 09-15-20, 07:08 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Front bar should be night and day, also if you add some adjustable shocks that can do compression and rebound. BC racing makes coilovers that are adjustable
AspireXVIP (09-15-20)
Old 09-15-20, 07:15 AM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Front bar should be night and day, also if you add some adjustable shocks that can do compression and rebound. BC racing makes coilovers that are adjustable
I do have some coilovers from BC already on the way as I was planning to lower the car. I opted for the swift spring upgrade, along with a custom spring rate. 14k on the front and 12k on the rear. I was happy when I received my coilovers, however they sent me the ones for the AWD model so I had to return them. I'm currently waiting on the right ones 😦
Old 09-16-20, 01:38 PM
adrock265
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AspireXVIP
BTW How long have you had those Fig Sway bar links on your car? They're nice spherical endlinks, but at that price, Im wondering what kind of life I'll get out of them. They could work great though as I do plan on lowering the car with some BC coilovers. I had already gotten them, but BC messed up and sent me coilovers for the AWD model 😢. Now I gotta wait another month and a half since I also opted for the swift spring upgrade with custom spring rates
My car is not a daily driver so only a bout 3k miles since i put them on. I have all of the figs links on my car since it is slammed only the front lower control arm and knuckles are still stock. My fitment is super tight so i wanted the car to remain firm since im static. I also have BC BR coil-overs. Other than hard cracks or deep potholes the car is still surprisingly comfortable and super nimble. The key with the figs parts with solid links is to keep em clean and lubed with teflon lube.
AspireXVIP (09-16-20)

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Options