GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus GS300 III won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-20, 02:11 PM
Kapitan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus GS300 III won't start.

Hello. I have problem with my Lexus gs300 2007. After replacing alternator for brand new, I can't start a car. All the lights are good, I can listen a music, Navi works fine etc. Just engine won't start. The fuel pump sounds good , also specific starter click under the hood, so here everything looks fine. After connect computer was many fault's, probably the reason was unplugged battery. But any fault's wasn't connect with engine starter. Where is the problem? I hope you guys can know a reason
Old 10-08-20, 07:40 PM
enshiu
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

did you read your ecu yet?
Old 10-08-20, 10:35 PM
GS460V8
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kapitan
Hello. I have problem with my Lexus gs300 2007. After replacing alternator for brand new, I can't start a car. All the lights are good, I can listen a music, Navi works fine etc. Just engine won't start. The fuel pump sounds good , also specific starter click under the hood, so here everything looks fine. After connect computer was many fault's, probably the reason was unplugged battery. But any fault's wasn't connect with engine starter. Where is the problem? I hope you guys can know a reason
Do you mean the starter is only clicking? If that's the case it could be a dodgy starter... and on the back of that question is it still winding over and just not firing?
Old 10-09-20, 12:21 AM
Kapitan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by enshiu
did you read your ecu yet?
​​​​Yes, yesterday with friend from ASO Mercedes. He didn't see any faults responsible of start system etc.
​​​​​
Originally Posted by GS460V8
Do you mean the starter is only clicking? If that's the case it could be a dodgy starter... and on the back of that question is it still winding over and just not firing?
After pushing start/stop button, the steering wheel extends, and all lights are on. Looks good untill I press start/stop with brake pedal. Dashboard and navi goes out, quiet sound of petrol pump, starter under hood quietly 'click' and that's all, car didn't start. After couple second dashboard and navi back. We also trying to start engine using his battery connected with mine acu. The same story.

Last edited by Kapitan; 10-09-20 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-09-20, 02:14 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Sounds like a dead battery! I would grab a voltmeter and measure the voltage, it can also be worn out battery terminals is another thing to look for.
Old 10-09-20, 03:31 PM
Kapitan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Sounds like a dead battery! I would grab a voltmeter and measure the voltage, it can also be worn out battery terminals is another thing to look for.
Hmm that's very possible. My baby have old cheap unknown name battery. After all night charging voltmeter shows 12.2 V. But when I start a car (without engine) all elektric in car was weak ( works only one window and goes down slowly). We connect our car battery together till 13.4V and doesn't help, but maybe reason is dead parts in battery + cheap 7eu charging cable's. In day when alternator died I was in the way. All electronics dies power steering dies, but even that engine very weakly but was turning on.... I will buy a new battery today.

Last edited by Kapitan; 10-09-20 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-09-20, 04:16 PM
Kapitan
Driver School Candidate

I am not sure if I disconnected battery when installing new alternator..... That's a golden question now
Any one know where is 150a alternator fuze in this model?

Last edited by Kapitan; 10-09-20 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-09-20, 04:34 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

12.2 volts after a charge sounds like the battery has bad cells.
Old 10-09-20, 05:09 PM
Kapitan
Driver School Candidate

I miss to ride
Old 10-10-20, 09:38 AM
Kapitan
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I checked already fuse, relay starter and the battery all looks fine. It's very difficult access to starter I can't hit it with hammer, that's sometimes helped. Some ideas?
Old 10-10-20, 09:46 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

So when you charged the battery and used another car to jump start it, did the starter try to spin at all? Maybe find someone who has better jumper cables so you can try to see. Its possible the starter is bad, but why would the electronics in the car shut down, I am still thinking you have low voltage, maybe see if you can swap in a battery from a different car
Old 10-10-20, 11:19 AM
Kapitan
Driver School Candidate

So when you charged the battery and used another car to jump start it, did the starter try to spin at all? Maybe find someone who has better jumper cables so you can try to see. Its possible the starter is bad, but why would the electronics in the car shut down, I am still thinking you have low voltage, maybe see if you can swap in a battery from a different car
Even full and connect battery make no changes, starter didn't make any sound no spinning just relay click. That's very strange because have no problems before with starter and battery. Alternator was my first part to replace. After that simple job with alternator car is down.
Old 10-10-20, 01:46 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

So the starter never worked at all after the alternator repair? Then more likely you left something unplugged or unbolted. Maybe find a mechanic that can help you go through your car at home, or tow it to a mechanic shop.
Old 10-12-20, 05:51 PM
Kapitan
Driver School Candidate

So the starter never worked at all after the alternator repair? Then more likely you left something unplugged or unbolted. Maybe find a mechanic that can help you go through your car at home, or tow it to a mechanic shop.
Problem is solved. When replacing the alternator I somehow pulled out the cable from starter.....
The following users liked this post:
enshiu (10-13-20)
Old 10-13-20, 12:57 AM
enshiu
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

How did you do that?

Quick Reply: Lexus GS300 III won't start.