GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS460 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-22 | 11:28 AM
Oceans13
Advanced

Default GS460 Exhaust

I am looking for an axle back exhaust for my 2008 GS460. I know there are already threads on this, and after researching, I had decided on the Japanese Tanabe Medallion and was ready to pull the plug on it. Then I learned that the new rebranded Revel Medallion is made in China. Does anyone have any input on this? Also considering the Invidia Q300.
Old 08-11-22 | 08:11 AM
titangts
Pit Crew

Personally I would just buy the mufflers you want and have them installed at a shop.

Maybe cut out the factory resonator as well if you want a little more exhaust note
Old 08-12-22 | 12:50 PM
Oceans13
Advanced

I may have to go that route. This week I did a bunch of research and asked the folks in the 3GS Facebook group, and they recommended the Rev9 axle back, and said to order from redline360. I also got some instillation tips, and got the extra exhaust hanger from Autozone to fix the fitment.

I ordered yesterday from Redline360 and followed up today, hoping it would get shipped out before the weekend. And made arrangements with getting this thing installed. Today I got an email from them saying that they dont actually have it, and that it would be a 16 week wait.

Last edited by Oceans13; 08-21-22 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-13-22 | 03:02 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by titangts
Personally I would just buy the mufflers you want and have them installed at a shop.
Yup, many choices to choose from and it'll be much cheaper.

I purchased these borla mufflers for $159 and got them in less than a week. ANY muffler shop can install these easily and if you ever want to sell the car stock they can put the old ones back on.

Last edited by TreysGS460; 08-13-22 at 05:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
titangts (08-15-22)
Old 08-16-22 | 10:09 AM
drpepper
Instructor

Originally Posted by Oceans13
...they have more expensive ones that are actually in stock. Feels like a Bait and Switch.
Too bad...

You may already be aware, but it's likely really out of stock. I got the Rev9 late last year, and while I just grabbed it from the first reseller I saw on ebay, it seemed like they were practically falling out of trees...multiple ebay sellers, amazon, walmart online, and various other online sources. Just taking a quick look now, it appears they actually are out of stock everywhere. There's only one listing on ebay, and that one says "0 available" and nothing even comes up searching anywhere else.

Kind of lame that Redline360 lists them as "IN STOCK" on a google search. They didn't offer a timeframe that they expect them to be back in stock? One thing I saw said Sept 21, but no way to tell if that was based on anything real.

Good luck with it.
Old 08-16-22 | 04:37 PM
Oceans13
Advanced

Thanks. I found a seller online who told me he had one unit left and I ordered it on Friday. We'll see how it goes.

how's your Rev9 been?

Originally Posted by drpepper
Too bad...

You may already be aware, but it's likely really out of stock. I got the Rev9 late last year, and while I just grabbed it from the first reseller I saw on ebay, it seemed like they were practically falling out of trees...multiple ebay sellers, amazon, walmart online, and various other online sources. Just taking a quick look now, it appears they actually are out of stock everywhere. There's only one listing on ebay, and that one says "0 available" and nothing even comes up searching anywhere else.

Kind of lame that Redline360 lists them as "IN STOCK" on a google search. They didn't offer a timeframe that they expect them to be back in stock? One thing I saw said Sept 21, but no way to tell if that was based on anything real.

Good luck with it.
Old 08-16-22 | 05:56 PM
Oceans13
Advanced

So I decided to give that site a chance. More of the same nonsense. Actually called the rev9 headquarters and they said that they're completely out of stock till winter time. And everyone else is actually drop shipping from their warehouse.

Last edited by Oceans13; 08-21-22 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-16-22 | 08:01 PM
drpepper
Instructor

how's your Rev9 been?
Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with it. If you don't have any particular time sensitivity and you want the Rev9, it might be a good idea to drop it for now and revisit in a month or two and see if resellers get restocked.

I'm loving it, but my situation was that I decided to go this route as the most expedient due to necessary repairs. I didn't really need to replace the axle back section, but replaced the whole system and did the secondary cat and resonator delete with the invidia midpipe.

If you end up going with it, do what you can to make sure the hanger adjustments are made right on the first go. I ended up with one side high, fixed it some myself, but it's not just right so it needs a little more work...not a big deal though.

Old 08-17-22 | 04:50 AM
Oceans13
Advanced

Sounds great. From what I understand about the fitment, the outer drivers side exhaust hanger needs to be longer. The 3GS Facebook group has a post about the particular one, and I already bought it. Its longer than OEM and makes the exhaust sit perfectly. This is the one in particular:

https://www.autozone.com/emission-co...tor/110787_0_0

As for purchasing an actual exhaust, I may have to wait. The Invidia and Revel ones are too loud / raspy for my taste, but the rev9 sounds like what I want on my car. I emailed the manufacturer, lets see what they say.
drpepper (08-17-22)
Old 08-17-22 | 08:13 AM
bhlazy
9th Gear

Sounds great. From what I understand about the fitment, the outer drivers side exhaust hanger needs to be longer. The 3GS Facebook group has a post about the particular one, and I already bought it. Its longer than OEM and makes the exhaust sit perfectly. This is the one in particular:

https://www.autozone.com/emission-co...tor/110787_0_0

As for purchasing an actual exhaust, I may have to wait. The Invidia and Revel ones are too loud / raspy for my taste, but the rev9 sounds like what I want on my car. I emailed the manufacturer, lets see what they say.
I got the rev9 exhaust on my 460. Its honestly pretty quiet. Ended up doing a resonator delete shortly after and now it sounds good. A little bit of drone but once youre at cruising speed its perfect, also our 460s are so well insulated, im sure it muffles the sound quite a bit. Also modified my stock airbox and deleted the air intake resonator for a bit more throaty engine grumble.
Oceans13 (08-21-22)
Old 08-17-22 | 09:04 AM
Oceans13
Advanced

I honestly don't mind pretty quiet. Plus I added a bunch of extra soundproofing to my GS already. I did the doors and the rear deck. Also under rear seat and some in the trunk. Where did you buy your rev9 from?

Originally Posted by bhlazy
I got the rev9 exhaust on my 460. Its honestly pretty quiet. Ended up doing a resonator delete shortly after and now it sounds good. A little bit of drone but once youre at cruising speed its perfect, also our 460s are so well insulated, im sure it muffles the sound quite a bit. Also modified my stock airbox and deleted the air intake resonator for a bit more throaty engine grumble.
Old 08-18-22 | 01:04 PM
bhlazy
9th Gear

I honestly don't mind pretty quiet. Plus I added a bunch of extra soundproofing to my GS already. I did the doors and the rear deck. Also under rear seat and some in the trunk. Where did you buy your rev9 from?
scooped it off ebay late last year
Old 08-18-22 | 07:18 PM
Oceans13
Advanced

Nice. I ended up ordering the revel medallion. We'll see how it goes.
Old 08-21-22 | 07:22 AM
Oceans13
Advanced

Got the Medallion.

Nice quality and shipped fast.

I left the packaging on the right side during installation

Removal of the old one. you need 14 mm wrench/socket. And PB blaster to help slide out the exhaust hangers.

Installing the new one. The joint between the new pipes requires a 16 mm

Install took about an hour. The exhaust tips are a little too big for my liking. It sounds great but unfortunately the right side hangs lower. Might need another exhaust hanger from autozone

Old 08-21-22 | 08:51 AM
ptan1968us
Driver

Very nice exhaust setup and I really like those tips. To me, the right side hangs just about the correct space gap if you fill your finger in between the bumper and the tip all around, so the left side should have the same amount of space as the right side as well ...
Oceans13 (08-21-22)

Quick Reply: GS460 Exhaust